Phantom 4 Pro HDMI out
18033 38 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eltee
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello DJI, I got my P4P today. According to the specs there would be a HDMI out on the controller. To my suprise there isn't

Does the existing HDMI out module works on the P4P controller?

2016-12-5
Use props
WeAreRebellion
lvl.1
United States

THe HDMI out was only on the P4P+ controller if I remember correctly.
2016-12-5
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WeAreRebellion Posted at 2016-12-5 17:24
THe HDMI out was only on the P4P+ controller if I remember correctly.

Ju .......... ............ ..........

IMG_3792.jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is says HDMI
hdmi.jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes it has both versions of the RC: the GL300E that ships with the p4p+ HAS hdmi

the GL300F has USB only.

since you have the p4pro non plus you only have the GL300F.

that is my interpretation..
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Phoenixaerial Posted at 2016-12-6 09:51
Just got me P4P and no HDMI output even though it says it on the web site??

The HDMI out is available for the P4P+ remote.
While you can install the HDMI module into P4P remote if needed.
2016-12-6
Use props
WeAreRebellion
lvl.1
United States

It says the GL300E has HDMI. You have the GL300F remote.
2016-12-6
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-6 01:19
The HDMI out is available for the P4P+ remote.
While you can install the HDMI module into P4P remote if needed.

I put my module one ( after market ) from my P3P into the P4P and it doesn't work.
Even pulled the one off my 2 inspires and nothing... Thoughts??  
2016-12-6
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WeAreRebellion Posted at 2016-12-6 09:03
It says the GL300E has HDMI. You have the GL300F remote.

E or F it looks the same after a few drinks.. lol
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phoenixaerial Posted at 2016-12-7 07:54
I put my module one ( after market ) from my P3P into the P4P and it doesn't work.
We've reported this case and engineers are working on it now, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Shows that it excludes display upon ordering and confirming your order:

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 9.30.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 9.31.34 PM.png
2016-12-6
Use props
volare film
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251499 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 05:04
We've reported this case and engineers are working on it now, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It's the same for me.
It doesn't work.
Please DJI engineers upgrade the RC firmware.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

volare film Posted at 2016-12-7 17:15
It's the same for me.
It doesn't work.
Please DJI engineers upgrade the RC firmware.

Our engineers are working on it now and the firmware will be released soon, thanks for your support!
2016-12-7
Use props
ulisse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251499 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 10:22
Our engineers are working on it now and the firmware will be released soon, thanks for your support!

Thanks Natalia!
2016-12-7
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I installed a brand new HDMI module into my P4P.  It didn't work either.. wouldn't connect to the P4P.   Glad the engineers are looking at it.  In the meantime, I bought an Nvidia Shield for the HDMI output.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A firmware update is needed for the P4P RC in order to make the two compatible. The update will be coming out soon.
2016-12-7
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Oh wow I certainly hope it's real soon, I fly with goggles all the time, I have the RC memorized, and I can see my hud which shows me battery level, height,distance and altitude, camera settings, that's all I pretty much meet, so please please please roll out the firmware up date, I need it soon!!! Think possibly it will be out by this Monday or Tuesday?
2016-12-9
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

If you ask me(which no one did) both of these RC should have the same output/input modules! I for one would like to have the HDMI, and micro SDF card slot etc as well, seems almost like those of us who didn't get the 300+ built in screen have gotten cheated bait! If the engineers can make the phantom 4/3 HDMI modules work I'd be happy, but we would all be happier with the same module the other RC has !!!
2016-12-9
Use props
Gobopolice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 926745 ft
Australia

OK HDMI working now for me after the update, But there is a problem in the APP "HD" page  if you disable the HDMI slider it DISCONNECTS everything !!!! Be Warned !!
You can disable the OSD output OK but Dont try and Disable the HDMI in Flight !!!   BUG exists still..
2016-12-9
Use props
Gobopolice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 926745 ft
Australia

OK update on HDMI module, It works as I mentioned but when you go into the goapp to HD page and slide the green slider to off "transmit to hdmi"  the screen on go app freezes and says disconnected, But in fact I still had control of the craft ? and the HDMI monitor next to me was still "live" with telemetry, so it didnt turn off the feed to the monitor at all but turned off the feed to the go app !

The telemetry on Go app was also still live but not the video feed, I brought up the battery information screen (linked to my C1) and that worked, So its got to be a bug freezing the go apps live feed.

anyone else experience this.
2016-12-10
Use props
nevoeiro1974
lvl.1

Portugal

marctronixx Posted at 2016-12-5 18:07
yes it has both versions of the RC: the GL300E that ships with the p4p+ HAS hdmi

the GL300F has USB only.

I agree with your interpretation. Those are the specs for both models !
2017-7-7
Use props
fansd6731455
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Hello
I have installed the HDMI Module on my P4 pro remote GL300F and the hdmi does not work  with the latest firmware on both rc and drone

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-11-9
Use props
fans0c514330
lvl.1
United States

fansd6731455 Posted at 2017-11-9 00:52
Hello
I have installed the HDMI Module on my P4 pro remote GL300F and the hdmi does not work  with the latest firmware on both rc and drone

I just received the new PH4 Pro Obsidian which has the GL300F Remote Controller and only has 1 standard size USB and 1 Mini USB. Has DJI gotten there firmware working properly yet?
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7365 ft
United States

fansd6731455 Posted at 2017-11-9 00:52
Hello

Did you get your p4p going ?   I put a hdmi module in my p4p controller this weekend now it's  won't work. I have tried everything. Nothing worked.
2017-12-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I added a new HDMI module to my P4P remote the other day and it works, well, the USB works fine, cannot try the HDMI yet as i ordered the HDMI midi instead of mini connector :/
I am sure it should work though, i have seen many YT videos where folks have it work with goggles etc...|

Make sure the  ribbon connectors are fully in
2017-12-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

djiuser_eBiSoDG Posted at 2017-12-2 19:23
Did you get your p4p going ?   I put a hdmi module in my p4p controller this weekend now it's  won't work. I have tried everything. Nothing worked.

It is my understanding that all that need to be done is a re-install/refresh of the current FW in order to get the correct module installed.
But O.C. chances are that the current FW can have issues ... :-/
2017-12-3
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-3 04:07
It is my understanding that all that need to be done is a re-install/refresh of the current FW in order to get the correct module installed.
But O.C. chances are that the current FW can have issues ... :-/

Hi there,
I installed a HDMI module just a few weeks ago and everything works perfect, (Goggles)
Once installed did you do the C1 and C2 button checks on the RC to see if you have done it right?
You should get a beep when you press either one of those keys on the bottom of the RC.
Once they work then you know the connections are right, then turn on as usual RC / AC.
Update anything you are asked to do, connect a mobile or tablet to the RC using USB. I used iPad 4 mini.
Then goto the HDMI area on the GO 4 app menu and select Output options you want.
Then connect to a HDMI unit ( Goggles ) and away you go.
Try the above step by step, there is a very good video on youtube from DJI that helps a lot.
good luck, bye
davawt
2017-12-3
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

davawt Posted at 2017-12-3 07:10
Hi there,
I installed a HDMI module just a few weeks ago and everything works perfect, (Goggles)
Once installed did you do the C1 and C2 button checks on the RC to see if you have done it right?

Thank you, but i think you replied the wrong post, i have no problems with HDMI other than DJi have some bad habits with settings removal, ex. the HDMI overlay on/off toggle.
2017-12-3
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-3 07:17
Thank you, but i think you replied the wrong post, i have no problems with HDMI other than DJi have some bad habits with settings removal, ex. the HDMI overlay on/off toggle.

Sorry KedDK,
I should have gone to specsavers, UK. it's a weekend thing, I will need to wake up and read stuff before replying.
Any way enjoy your flying, these DJI drones are great. bye
davawt
2017-12-3
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_eBiSoDG Posted at 2017-12-2 19:23

Hi there,
You should get a beep when you press either one of those keys on the bottom of the RC.
Once they work then you know the connections are right, then turn on as usual RC / AC.
Update anything you are asked to do, connect a mobile or tablet to the RC using USB. I used iPad 4 mini.
Then goto the HDMI area on the GO 4 app menu and select Output options you want.
Then connect to a HDMI unit ( Goggles ) and away you go.
Try the above step by step, there is a very good video on youtube from DJI that helps a lot.
Also read Bushy's post about connections,
good luck, bye
davawt
2017-12-3
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I fitted the HDMI module to my p4p controller without issue. It is not something however for clumsy fingers. Check on youTube, there are several videos, the ribbon cable connectors can be a challenge. Dont forget the FW update.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
United States

I havent got my p4p working yet after module upgrade. Of those who have don't it successfully what is your firmware version found in the "about" section in go4 app??
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_eBiSoDG
lvl.1
United States

I meant those who have done it successfully
2017-12-4
Use props
Sparky_Iosif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7346 ft
Philippines

Can I use the HDMI video output to a Capture card for OBS?
2018-5-6
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131624 ft
United States

I got my HDMI module installed in the RC, but now I don't have any power-up beeps from the remote.  HDMI works perfectly.  It also doesn't seem like the USB is pushing power to the tablet, either.  I've asked around but haven't found any answers.  I'm reluctant to send it in to DJI.  Firmware is 1.04.01.00.
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_MSq8dZOKAzaY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I have a Phantom 4 pro v2 and when I bought it I was told that they were working on a hdmi out module and it should be out soon, has dji sorted out this problem now? It has been several years since the problem was pointed out but we are still waiting on it being sorted out, I contacted dji recently and was told that they are still working on the problem and it should be sorted out soon how long is "soon" in dji's view? It seams all they want to do is take your money then ignore you from then on, I have owned this model for over 2 years and it has not been in the air yet as I do not want to fly it with a screen I cannot see outside I know I should have returned it within the warranty period but I kept believing what dji was saying about them working on it I doubt they had anyone working on it except for the poor call center workers who had to keep making up excuses to owner's, I accept I will see a phantom Pro 5 before I see a hdmi for the Php 4 v2.
Regards Poppy Ann.
2021-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_MSq8dZOKAzaY Posted at 8-22 23:34
Hi I have a Phantom 4 pro v2 and when I bought it I was told that they were working on a hdmi out module and it should be out soon, has dji sorted out this problem now? It has been several years since the problem was pointed out but we are still waiting on it being sorted out, I contacted dji recently and was told that they are still working on the problem and it should be sorted out soon how long is "soon" in dji's view? It seams all they want to do is take your money then ignore you from then on, I have owned this model for over 2 years and it has not been in the air yet as I do not want to fly it with a screen I cannot see outside I know I should have returned it within the warranty period but I kept believing what dji was saying about them working on it I doubt they had anyone working on it except for the poor call center workers who had to keep making up excuses to owner's, I accept I will see a phantom Pro 5 before I see a hdmi for the Php 4 v2.
Regards Poppy Ann.

You wont see a Phantom 5, that line of aircraft has been dropped. And no, you wont see a HDMI conversion now, DJI do not intend to keep supporting the Phantom series.
2021-8-23
Use props
Poppy Ann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-23 16:08
You wont see a Phantom 5, that line of aircraft has been dropped. And no, you wont see a HDMI conversion now, DJI do not intend to keep supporting the Phantom series.

I agree with you that i will never see a hdmi out before they stop servicing it I think this is a terrible way of treating customers i belive that they had no intention of ever "working" on a way to get a hdmi out on the phantom-4-pro-v2 from the first day it went on sale.
I still believe that dji makes the best drones on the market but they have the worse customer service i have ever come across.
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_zl5r1eK77AF6
lvl.1

United States

So if i have the Phantom 4 Pro V1 with the GL300F controller cant I just swap the Module for a GL300E that has the HDMI ports?  If I can what programming needs to be done if any?Or i could just buy a used in good condition GL300E and link it to the AC and have the display to boot.  
Thanks
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules