Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 PRO Firmware Not Updating
1715 11 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2010249 ft
United States

No matter what I do when I try to update the firmware, either my Android tablet (Samsung Tab S2) OR my PC running DJI Assitant (Latest version for use with P4P) just ends up looking at the folders that are on the memory card in the drone. DJI Assitant does nothing at all in response to connecting to the PC and the PC itself just shows an extra drive letter... just as if I mounted a thumbdrive.
I had a 45 minute session with DJI tech support on the phone but nothing he said worked either. I also called the retailer (Aerial Media Pros) and they tried to help. Still nothing worked.
I was able to fly yesterday (Very Cool) and am totally new to this world but... I have been a video producer for over 20 years with a heavy PC background (building and configuring editing systems) and deep into photography and video.
I am hoping to find someone who has some idea why I cant get the darn thing to update the firmware! I sure don't want to go through the process os sending it back if there is some kind of workaround. I'm sure you all under stand that feeling!!!
Thanks to you all, I hope in the future I will be able to help you with something.
Take Care.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

On my P4 I don't leave the card in it during the update process via Assistant 2.  There are some other files and folders that the P4 writes onto that card during a format and I didn't want those to interfere with the update process as most of the electronic stuff I firmware update with is some BIN fie and any other other files or folders confuse it.  Try without the card in the bird and see how it goes.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Which step did you stuck in when you trying to do the update via your mobile device? Cannot download the firmware or cannot do the update?
Have you tried to change another mobile device to do the update again?
As for your PC, have you tried to reinstall the DJI assistant?
If convenient, please post some screenshots here.
2016-12-5
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-6 11:48
On my P4 I don't leave the card in it during the update process via Assistant 2.  There are some other files and folders that the P4 writes onto that card during a format and I didn't want those to interfere with the update process as most of the electronic stuff I firmware update with is some BIN fie and any other other files or folders confuse it.  Try without the card in the bird and see how it goes.

Thanks you I will try without the card in the bird. I will let you know the outcome!!
Thanks so much for the tip...
2016-12-5
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 12:12
Which step did you stuck in when you trying to do the update via your mobile device? Cannot download the firmware or cannot do the update?
Have you tried to change another mobile device to do the update again?
As for your PC, have you tried to reinstall the DJI assistant?

HI Mindy and thanks for trying to help me.
Here's what happens... If I try to update with my tablet (Samsung Tab S2) DJI GO 4 gets to where it asks me to plug the P4P into the tablet and I uplug the RC fom the tablet and plug in the Drone, then after about 5 -7 seconds up pops a folder view of the file structure that's on the memory card of the drone. After that nothing happens.
If I use the DJI Assistant I open it on my PC (The latest fro the download section with the P4P) make sure I'm logged in. Then I plug the drone into one of my USB ports. (I'm om Windows 8.1) I then turn on the drone, a few seconds go by and the same thing... I get a drive letter and it shows me the folders on the card in the bird, but there is zero action in the DJI Assistant window??
I really don't want to send my brand new drone back for this issue, someone must have an alternative way to install the firmware.
Is it possible to download the file and put it on the root of the memory card or some trick like that??
I was up til 2am today and left work early top try and get this figured out, Please help!!
Thanks so much.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FLIDAHO Posted at 2016-12-6 12:51
HI Mindy and thanks for trying to help me.
Here's what happens... If I try to update with my tablet (Samsung Tab S2) DJI GO 4 gets to where it asks me to plug the P4P into the tablet and I uplug the RC fom the tablet and plug in the Drone, then after about 5 -7 seconds up pops a folder view of the file structure that's on the memory card of the drone. After that nothing happens.
If I use the DJI Assistant I open it on my PC (The latest fro the download section with the P4P) make sure I'm logged in. Then I plug the drone into one of my USB ports. (I'm om Windows 8.1) I then turn on the drone, a few seconds go by and the same thing... I get a drive letter and it shows me the folders on the card in the bird, but there is zero action in the DJI Assistant window??

Could you please try to change another mobile device to do the update again?
Please make sure the RC and aircraft are turned on and linked.
And connect aircraft to your mobile device via the OTG cable.
Besides, make sure your mobile device has connected to network.
2016-12-5
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 00:46
Could you please try to change another mobile device to do the update again?
Please make sure the RC and aircraft are turned on and linked.
And connect aircraft to your mobile device via the OTG cable.

Hi Mindy and thanks for the reply,
Sadly, I have tried all of that... I was on a DJI telephone support call for 45 minutes yesterday and we tried both using DJI GO 4 app on my tablet, my phone and we tried using the DJI Assistant on two different PCs. I was careful to make sure I used the correct DJI Assistant version too.
I don't see how this can be an Android issue since the Assistant app also didn't work?? I am borrowing an I Pad from a co-worker and will try with that tonight when I get home from work.
Question: Is there any way to perform the firmware update manually?
Thanks!!
2016-12-6
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-5 21:48

Thanks again for the tip! I did try but... unfortunately it still won't update. That was a good idea though and in the future.... when i have a P4P that works correctly I may adopt that same method of updating.
Take Care.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FLIDAHO Posted at 2016-12-7 02:04
Hi Mindy and thanks for the reply,
Sadly, I have tried all of that... I was on a DJI telephone support call for 45 minutes yesterday and we tried both using DJI GO 4 app on my tablet, my phone and we tried using the DJI Assistant on two different PCs. I was careful to make sure I used the correct DJI Assistant version too.
I don't see how this can be an Android issue since the Assistant app also didn't work?? I am borrowing an I Pad from a co-worker and will try with that tonight when I get home from work.

Sorry, cannot do the update manually.
Please try with the iPad and let me know the result.
2016-12-6
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My experience... I tried using IPAD MINI 2, nver worked... kept sayign donwloading and you have to push the button again and again. Then I tried IPHONE 6 PLUS and Plus S and it went without a hitch, everytime for the past year with all the updates of P3A, P4, P4 PRO, and Mavic. Never used assisstan2 or computerr. Good luck
2016-12-6
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 11:34

Hi Mindy and  oePetLicensing.c ,
The I Pad Mini did the trick! Firmware is good to go... for now.
Thanks so much!
2016-12-6
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 11:34

One more thing, when I tried to do the update using my Samsung Tablet. The DJI GO 4 software would tell me I needed to do it but would never start to download it to the tablet. Having NEVER done this before, it kept appearing to me that the download was going to start when I plugged the drone into my tablet. So... when I did the update with my friend's I Pad I actually got to see the exact process. This would be a great thing to include in the YouTube tut on how to update. It was an important phase that I was unaware of even after speaking to the DJI tech support and also the retailer where I purchased the P4P. It still would not have worked, but I would have known where in the process the failure was occurring.
Again,
thanks a bunch!!
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules