2496 14 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Radon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3826247 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I took my Mavic out for a short flight this morning to get some shots of the recent snowfall.   With all of the white, I happened to notice that my images appeared to be a little viginetted and had circular area of color shift in the center.  I guess I expected the former given the relatively wide angle of the lens, the color shift in the center (warmer/yellower) caught me a little by surprise.  At first I thought it might be some glaring or odd lens flare, but it remained pretty unchanged regardless of which angle the incident light was coming from.  Understandably, this isn't a Canon L-series lens hanging off of the front of this thing, but has anyone else noticed this?  

Again, I completely understand that there are limitations to the optics, especially since the whole Mavic setup costs less than a good single DSLR lens.  My question is more one of curiosity of whether anyone else has noticed this with their pictures or is it just affecting my camera/lens.

It's a little more noticeable on the thumbnail.  This image has been downsampled to meet the size requirements of the forum post.

DJI_0016(downsized).jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Interesting. I've noticed the vignetting in some of the photos I've taken which doesn't bother me as I'd rather take care of it in post myself than have the on board processing do it. However I haven't noticed color shift issues like you have here. Maybe it is because of the snow landscape that this is more evident? When taking pictures of foliage or cityscapes it might be less apparent. Or you could have a defective lens {:4_157:}
2016-12-5
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

The biggest problem is the blurry edges. Color problem could be fixed by post-image processing, but not the blur.
2016-12-5
Use props
Radon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-6 12:55
Interesting. I've noticed the vignetting in some of the photos I've taken which doesn't bother me as I'd rather take care of it in post myself than have the on board processing do it. However I haven't noticed color shift issues like you have here. Maybe it is because of the snow landscape that this is more evident? When taking pictures of foliage or cityscapes it might be less apparent. Or you could have a defective lens

I take care of some of this in post, too.  However, the whole color shift thing starts to get a little frustrating when stitching together images.   Lightroom has lens correction profiles for the Inspire and Phantoms, maybe we can cross our fingers and hope that one for the Mavic will become available soon?
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload more original images to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2016-12-5
Use props
Radon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 15:50
I'll help to check it.

Not sure if the personal messaging is working or not.   Mindy, did you get my Dropbox link?
2016-12-8
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They all do this pink spot in the centre if you shoot RAW.
It must be a known feature of the lens and the onboard  JPG processing eliminates it.
If using RAW you are probably using competent software such as lightoom and you can set up a preset filter to quickly adjust the centre only.
Snow scenes seem to make it quite obvious, in a more varied colourful scene it's harder to see.
2016-12-8
Use props
D.Walls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4908 ft
Spain

Hi, I've got the same issue as posted, only in DNG, in JPEG the problem does not appear. I increased the contrast and saturation in Camera RAW to make it more visible.
DJI_0020.jpg
2016-12-8
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 08:50
I'll help to check it.

Any news about this?

I noticed it as well on my DNG files, but created a profile in Lightroom to correct it, so it's not a big deal, but I would like to know if this will be fixed with a firmware update or if it is a defect.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Radon Posted at 2016-12-9 00:52
Not sure if the personal messaging is working or not.   Mindy, did you get my Dropbox link?

Hello Radon, I didn't receive your PM but I have sent you a PM. Did you receive that?
Sorry I still not get your link. Besides, we had reported this issue.
You could try to set white balance to a high value when taking photos. This issue will be fixed in the later firmware.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JulianX4 Posted at 2016-12-22 00:02
Any news about this?

I noticed it as well on my DNG files, but created a profile in Lightroom to correct it, so it's not a big deal, but I would like to know if this will be fixed with a firmware update or if it is a defect.

Yes, it will be fixed in the later firmware.
2016-12-21
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 04:21

Ok great. Thanks for the reply. I have a lightroom preset that I apply on import which is solving this issue in the meantime.
2016-12-22
Use props
fans59c51589
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386535 ft
United States

Has this issue gone away for folks? With firmware v01.03.0400?

I noticed something similar with over saturation outside the center yesterday with a raw file. I'm on the latest firmware.
2017-2-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

i notice this issue when filiming in 4K
still this problem its kinda annoying.
Really looking for fix, dont know  if its user error,
whole camera is manul nothing is auto.
cinelike d mode.
2017-4-19
Use props
tallsean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338635 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 19:21

The color shift was never fixed for DNG files.
2021-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules