Flytrex Live 3G
2889 11 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

I am considering outfitting my P2V+ with a Flytrex Live 3G for advanced flight logging and recovery. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience (good/bad/uses) with Flytrex (Core2, Live or Live 3G)? I'm also looking into GSM carriers. Any help is appreciated.
2015-2-10
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I have a Flytres Core2;
Pros - allows you record your flight, path, distance, alt speed etc, Very light 9g including cable. Price $49
Cons:  Have to upload data to website before you can use it.

For recovery I use a Trackimo
2015-2-10
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

The new Flytrex Live 3G is now available with a CAN Bus connecting cable, so no soldering. Really nice...
2015-2-11
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Here's a video that shows how to install Flytrex:

Check out this thread for tons of information and opinions about it:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28149
2015-2-11
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-2-12 09:52
Here's a video that shows how to install Flytrex:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGexfOYFTI

Thanks PhantomHelp.
2015-2-18
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

and while you mention the core you also mention recovery and i dont think the core has any recovery ability only the live.
2015-2-19
Use props
bbrunner11.gmai
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-19 21:37
and while you mention the core you also mention recovery and i dont think the core has any recovery  ...

that is correct, only the Live has the "find me" feature.
2015-2-19
Use props
chuck26287
lvl.1

United States

First and foremost, recovery functionality is a must with these things in my opinion.  I don't fly without it.

A use of the Flytrex Live 3G I love is being able to visually verify live at the launch point where my flight controller's GPS system is showing my drone to be located when I set the Home Point.  When I set the HP, I know the HP is set to where the drone is about to launch from because I can SEE where the drone's GPS system plots the drone to be at the time the HP is set.

Whatever method used, flight logging will become more and more critical as the FAA gets the new rules put in place and active, and as new uses and certifications open up.  FL3G is very helpful with this right now.

I've had great results with H2O Wireless.  AT&T network, very cheap, and works great.
2015-2-19
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

chuck26287@att. Posted at 2015-2-19 22:28
First and foremost, recovery functionality is a must with these things in my opinion.  I don't fly w ...

Agree completely, and if you (as am I) are with AT&T on a family data share plan, all you need to do is go to the AT&T store with the IMEI for the Live 3G, purchase a micro-SIM ($15), and add it to your plan.
2015-2-19
Use props
rdc44444.hotmai
lvl.4

United States

Are you using an IOS iphone? There is a FPV booster that has a flight tracker that records flight data  including max and average speed, altitude, distance, duration, date etc.  and stores it on your phone. It also records your flight using google maps and you can replay the entire flight path. In addition it has its own FPV camera and wifi booster. The total package will run approximately $25.
2015-2-19
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

rdc44444.hotmai Posted at 2015-2-20 00:54
Are you using an IOS iphone? There is a FPV booster that has a flight tracker that records flight da ...

RDC, I am a huge fan of FPV Booster and use it exclusively. I have a need to capture additional data that FPV Booster doesn't yet support so that's why I've ordered a Flytrex.
2015-2-19
Use props
rdc44444.hotmai
lvl.4

United States

MilspecJSC Posted at 2015-2-20 01:19
RDC, I am a huge fan of FPV Booster and use it exclusively. I have a need to capture additional da ...

I'm just curious what other data does flytrex capture? I was thinking of buying it for one of my Phantom 1's (FC40). It would be nice to see what type of speed my Phantom 1 can go compared to my P2V+. I swear the phantom 1 (without the camera) seems faster and more agile than my P2V+ (version 3).   It would also be nice to see how much altitude Im losing while in ATTI mode during a straight line speed run. The fastest I've gotten my P2V+ according to the FPV booster flight tracker is 44mph in ATTI mode.
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules