13364 11 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

How to Fly Safe

Whether you’re just a beginner or a seasoned professional, it’s possible for anyone to fly a DJI drone. However, though most DJI all-in-one drones are ready to fly the moment you get them, pilots still need to be cautious and well-prepared to handle sticky situations. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

Before you take off, you should always do a pre-check of your app settings and your environment. This tutorial video will show you how to prepare for a safe flight:

Safety Tips - Preflight Checklist and Flight Environment Selection

Once you have checked everything and you’re ready to go, take off slowly and go get the shots you need. During flight, if you have low battery or loose signal, you may see some warnings appear in the app. It’s important to know how to react when you see such warnings. Check out this tutorial to learn more:
DJI Safety Tips – Precautions to Take During Flight

If you don’t fly in an open area, you’re more likely to encounter signal interference. No matter how badly you want to capture a shot, if you encounter interference, switch to ATTI mode, and try to find another spot without interference. The key is not to panic! This tutorial video offers some suggestions about what to do when unexpected problems like compass interference occur.

DJI Safety Tips - What Should I Do if These Problems Occur

Have fun and fly safe everyone! Feel free to share your own safety tips in the thread or comments.

2016-12-6
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Alas... if only there was a countermeasure for stupidity, idiots and just plain bad intentions.
2016-12-6
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Well, I don't have my mavic yet, but I will sure be watching these when I get home tonight.   Brilliant idea!   If only this had been done earlier, although I suspect a lot of people that NEED to watch things like this wouldn't have watched them anyway.

Hopefully the videos will be as good and informative as they look from the outside.
2016-12-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Thanks for taking the time Mindy
I am sure many will benefit
2016-12-6
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

This may help a lot of new pilots
Only if they paid attention to info like this
2016-12-6
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

How I can switch manually the mode when my Mavic shows bad behavior such as TBE as you showed in the last video "DJI Safety Tips - What Should I Do if These Problems Occur" in 1:25min?
2016-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jan_Leh Posted at 2016-12-6 13:23
How I can switch manually the mode when my Mavic shows bad behavior such as TBE as you showed in the last video "DJI Safety Tips - What Should I Do if These Problems Occur" in 1:25min?

Have a look at all the Mavic related videos Here. The above are good general guidance but some of the detail is out of date now.
2016-12-6
Use props
RootCtrl
lvl.2

United States

Jan_Leh Posted at 2016-12-6 07:23

You cant do it manually on the Mavic. GPS has to be lost and it will switch automatically or flown in doors where GPS cant be reached.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Mavic needs ATTI MODE!
2016-12-8
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Mavic HAS Atti Mode...
2016-12-9
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Ok, tell me how to manually activate Atti-Mode ;)
2016-12-9
Use props
JamesDX
New

Spain

Thanks for sharing Mindy!
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules