Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV and normal display for visualy impaired pilot
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, everyone,

Sadly I am having problems with my eyesight and I am finding it very difficult to fly my P3A because I cannot see my Ipad air2 screen clearly enough to feel 100% confident. I have tried various anti reflective screen protectors and hoods etc but with no real success.

Thank god I am not blind and I can still see to drive and go to work so as a last ditch attempt I wondered how I can use my Iphone 6s+ in a set of cheap goggles and my Ipad air 2 at the same time. My hopes are that I will be able to see clearly wth the glasses and my wife who will need to be my spotter can keep her eye on the main screen to tell me any information that she can see and for extra safety.

I had hoped that just buying the DJI module would be my answer but I cannot see any way of getting from the DJI HDMI out to the Iphone6s+ and the ipad air2 at the same time.

I rang a couple of drone dealers and they said that I need proper FPV goggles that start at about £250 but I cannot afford to spend that amount of money of something that I might not be able to use.

I would be very grateful if someone can tell me how to do this as cheaply as possible, as I have not been able to fly now for several months and I do not want to have to stop flying my drone indefinitely.

Merry Christmas

George

2016-12-6
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchase the Litchi APP (about $25 USD) and you can purchase cheaper VR goggles (Homido VR goggles about $80 USD)and use your phne to fly that way
2016-12-6
Use props
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestiion.

I will look into it.
2016-12-7
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

yes, litchi and goggles (i bought at 10 Euros) but i don't know if it's possible connect your smartphone/tablet at the same time
2016-12-7
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Rather than trying to use the iPhone as a second device, just plug a HDMI screen directly into the HDMI output of the module.  You could plug goggles directly into the controller if they have HDMI (they are essentially a miniature TV display anyway) but these may be expensive.  A small portable battery powered monitor attached via HDMI cable would show a duplicate camera view with some essential telemetry, sufficient to fly the aircraft.  You will need to enable the output to both devices, via a switch in the app.  It could be as large as you need and you can improvise a hood out of a jumper pulled over your head and screen, or sew something more substantial.
2016-12-7
Use props
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you for your ideas guys. I have already purchased Litchi but I have never used it.
I have been worried that it might cause me to have problems with my P3A. It looks like its time to try it.
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules