Tilt is off by 12' every time
1109 4 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Max ouT
lvl.1

Russia

Hey,

Every time I turn it on with a perfectly balanced camera (Sony A7S2 or Canon 6D with different lenses), the tilt axis is slowly going down by 12 degrees or so.

I use an RC for centering this axis, but I don't like to do it every time.

My Ronin has the latest firmware. I tried to re-update - no luck...
My firmware is GCU 1.6, IMU 1.4, reciever 1.1.0.15

Then I tried to calibrate center using different devices with DJI Assistant, but this feature doesn't work properly.
Every time I reload the device it ends in the same wrong position - minus 12 degrees off.

If I turn off Smooth Track Tilt Axis, gimball is centered at 0 degrees.

I don't have a service center near me.
What I have to do?

I've seen different solutions here, like messing with axis screws and etc., but I see that a lot of customers still have a problem with this issue.

Have you given up on solving this problem gracefully?

2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or long term storage? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, when Smooth Track is off, the tilt is centered, correct. If you start the unit with Smooth Track off, does the tilt decend when you reapply the function?
2016-12-6
Use props
Max ouT
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-7 02:19
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or long term storage? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, when Smooth Track is off, the tilt is centered, correct. If you start the unit with Smooth Track off, does the tilt decend when you reapply the function?

I bought my Ronin 3 weeks ago with the latest firmware installed and it already had this problem. I don’t know if the seller stored it for long or not. When I start Ronin with the smooth track off, the tilt axis is centered. And if I turn the smoothtrack on, the axis is slowly going down by minus 12 degrees. The same apply if I turn Ronin on with smoothtrack on.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Max ouT Posted at 2016-12-9 15:36
I bought my Ronin 3 weeks ago with the latest firmware installed and it already had this problem. I don’t know if the seller stored it for long or not. When I start Ronin with the smooth track off, the tilt axis is centered. And if I turn the smoothtrack on, the axis is slowly going down by minus 12 degrees. The same apply if I turn Ronin on with smoothtrack on.

Did you happen to notice this after the firmware update or was this happening on the prior firmware as well? Just to clarify, the tilt balance is not front heavy at all? Have you also tried setting the Ronin back to default either via the app or the Assistant Software?
2016-12-10
Use props
Max ouT
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 00:24
Did you happen to notice this after the firmware update or was this happening on the prior firmware as well? Just to clarify, the tilt balance is not front heavy at all? Have you also tried setting the Ronin back to default either via the app or the Assistant Software?

If you read my prev messages, you see answers on all your questions. Firmware latest from the shop. Tilt problem also from beginning. Cameras balanced perfectly. Reupdate, reset to default not help and manual set center dont work. Problem still here. Sorry for my english, hope you understand me clearly.
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules