"Tapped" to Focus Pics Still Aren't Clear
1298 11 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

OK, all camera settings are default with tap to focus, some pics looks great, other ones not so much.  What am I doing wrong?

2016-12-6
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Walk us through how you are tapping and we can better trouble shoot.
2016-12-6
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Combination of darkness and street/car lights perhaps?
2016-12-6
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

flying over built up areas / lanes of traffic would be your first fault
2016-12-6
Use props
sumitag
lvl.1

United States

Are you on manual camera settings?  What are the specs...ISO, shutter speed, Fstop, etc
2016-12-6
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Looks like its having trouble focusing at night. That middle picture looks clear, just the cars are blurred since they are moving and your shutter speed is relatively slow. Are your pictures during the day sharp? If so then the problem is just your camera settings at night.
2016-12-6
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cameras always had a harder time focusing at night. To properly test your Mavic camera I highly suggest daytime shoots first, get used to the manual settings during daytime.. THEN do night shots.
Also.. just me.. but I would avoid flying directly over traffic, especially at night
2016-12-6
Use props
CamStevens
lvl.4

United States

Apologies in advance for the captain obvious question.  Are you sure you're in tap to focus as opposed to tap to exposure mode?  (Tap to focus is square indicator, tap to exposure is round).
2016-12-6
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

For areas where autofocus isn't working well, try turning on focus peaking, then use manual focus. The areas that are most "in focus" will be outlined in red. That should help you to get it perfectly dialed in.
2016-12-6
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

Thermal wind could be the culprit
2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Exposure is not right what settings are you using to take photos.
2016-12-6
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Everything is left in auto.  The tap is the square. Day time is better but not still as sharp as any of my previous drones. (Not DJI, this is my first DJI product)
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules