P4 Noob
880 8 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Hello all, new to drones and just purchased the P4. I have flown several RC planes and helicopters so I am pretty comfortable in the air, with that being said here are a few questions that you might be able to answer.

If you set you home point (ie: on a hill) and fly down at a lower elevation in a valley will the RTH make the elevation adjustments from the lower altitude to the original home point?
Looked at a few threads on this however, I am having some lag/black lines in my video FPV on my Galaxy S4 so I am not very comfortable with an extended flight path. Is my S4 outdated for this?
The follow me feature doesn't seem to work, maybe I'm missing something in the settings.

Thanks in advance!

2016-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Home Point is the reference, and the RTH height is relative to that point. So if you fly down into valley then you will see the altitude as a negative value (i.e. -200ft or whatever). If your RTH height were 100ft then the aircraft would rise from valley floor until it were 100ft above home point before returning. And yes you can fly over a cliff and it will stay at current height

The follow me requres your display device to have a good GPS signal.

My advice for the display device is get the best you can afford

The official list of currently supported devices for DJI Go 3.1.1 is:-

iOS Version v3.1.1.

Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android Version v3.1.0.

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later
.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

2016-12-6
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jester, i have tried in the past with my S4 and was not happy with the results.  Currently using an iPad Mini 2 and it works perfectly, well at least 99.9 % of the time.
2016-12-6
Use props
Jester
lvl.3

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-6 13:16
The Home Point is the reference, and the RTH height is relative to that point. So if you fly down into valley then you will see the altitude as a negative value (i.e. -200ft or whatever). If your RTH height were 100ft then the aircraft would rise from valley floor until it were 100ft above home point before returning. And yes you can fly over a cliff and it will stay at current height

The follow me requres your display device to have a good GPS signal.

Thanks Ardvark, good info! I'm going to try my IPhone 5
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have said, the home point (if not reset while your well below the cliff) if from your takeoff point so you will have no issues.
And also, you really need a S5 or better.
the app is optimized for later model IOS devices, so if your able to use at least an iPad Air or iPad Mini 2 you'll have great results and a larger screen.
2016-12-6
Use props
Jester
lvl.3

United States

Perfect, thanks Ken! Downloading DJI Go to my S5 now. I read there may be a map issue with Go4??
2016-12-6
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Jester Posted at 2016-12-7 05:43
Perfect, thanks Ken! Downloading DJI Go to my S5 now. I read there may be a map issue with Go4??

If you are worried about the DJI Go 4 app, just use the original DJI Go App.
2016-12-6
Use props
Chuckski190
New

United States

What is the difference between the DJI GO and DJI GO 4? Thanks
2016-12-6
Use props
Jester
lvl.3

United States

I used the DIJI Go on my 5s and the video is very smooth now, thanks for the input guys!
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules