2016-12-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavvy Posted at 2016-12-6 17:10
Please explain more on this subject please.

There have been post about the wind warning feature on the p4 pro constant notifications about the wind speed even though it's calm?
2016-12-6
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Great, still no facility for manually switching to ATTITUDE mode
2016-12-6
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Solid update for this early.  Thanks DJI.  I'm sure more are to follow.
Sarge
2016-12-6
Use props
FedsRevenge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2487 ft
Norway

Still waiting for mine, but it sure is nice to see more firmware updates as I wait
2016-12-6
Use props
C-GMTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197064 ft
Canada

What the ??? I have flown my Mavic for 6 hrs so far. Today I went to go fly and It says New Firmware. I go through the process (15 min) all seems to be fine. Restart the Mavic and go for a 4 min flight then land. All seems normal so I tap the auto take off button, the Mavic takes off and hovers for 1 second then all motors quit and it drops onto the hard ground. My gimbal is busted. It tells me check to see if the gimbal lock is on.

Anyone else have this happen?
2016-12-6
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

hedfan Posted at 2016-12-6 18:26
Great, still no facility for manually switching to ATTITUDE mode

I think I want this as well.  Wouldn't it make it much more stabile indoors to prevent it switching in and out of ATTI vs GPS mode?  I hate that transition.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-6 17:21
I think I want this as well.  Wouldn't it make it much more stabile indoors to prevent it switching in and out of ATTI vs GPS mode?  I hate that transition.

It's been suggested long ago and if since it's not on this update maybe it won't become available, or possibly it may be at a later date.
And flying indoors the downward sensors should keep the aircraft positioned so if it goes in and out of GPS mode it shouldn't matter (as long as none of the sensor limitations are present).
2016-12-6
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 829885 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-6 20:03
It's been suggested long ago and if since it's not on this update maybe it won't become available, or possibly it may be at a later date.
And flying indoors the downward sensors should keep the aircraft positioned so if it goes in and out of GPS mode it shouldn't matter (as long as none of the sensor limitations are present).

Good to know.  It was quite stabile today, but I noticed a little twitch from time to time.  I thought it might be from going in and out of ATTI mode.  Tripod mode was awesome.

No rain in the forecast tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some outdoor flights in.
2016-12-6
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic seems more stable.  Thanks for the awesome update!

Ken, is there a way to request a firmware update?  

I would really like to either fix the gimbal roll adjustment via hold down C2+exposure wheel or allow adjust via 5D controller.

In the Phantom 4, the hold down C2+exposure wheel worked perfectly.  However, when I try that with the Mavic, the exposure changes along with the gimbal roll.  

I personally would like the ability to adjust with the 5D button.

Thanks!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-6 18:11
Good to know.  It was quite stabile today, but I noticed a little twitch from time to time.  I thought it might be from going in and out of ATTI mode.  Tripod mode was awesome.

No rain in the forecast tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some outdoor flights in.

If it seems twitchy, you can lower the sensitivity and gains.
I like my aircraft really docile, I lower the sensitivity and gains (not altitude gain) pretty much on everything I fly.
2016-12-6
Use props
GoCardz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353747 ft
United States

Has anyone tested whether this fixes the TBE (toilet bowl effect) where the Mavic claims GPS signal loss and begins to spin uncontrollably?  A few of the improvements hint at fixes on what others thought might be causing this to occur.  I'm curious if this is the case.  
2016-12-7
Use props
fans915ed907
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5416604 ft
Hong Kong

DJI again start to put the best stuff away after you perform a firmware update.
This time they took out one of the best picture style - Art mode!!!! I do not see any stability issue if art mode stay in.
In my exp, Art mode gives the most details, accurate color and no so digital sharpening feel for grading. D-log and D-cinelike is good but they produce various color shifting and color cast, which means the color is no so accurate. And the worse is they are just too flat and can not maintain detail.
One lucky thing is , you can still stay in art mode if you haven't change the setting after the firmware update. God bless me and hopefully DJI give me back the art mode. Or can someone find a better / similar picture profile like art mode? thx.
2016-12-7
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

GoCardz Posted at 2016-12-7 16:03
Has anyone tested whether this fixes the TBE (toilet bowl effect) where the Mavic claims GPS signal loss and begins to spin uncontrollably?  A few of the improvements hint at fixes on what others thought might be causing this to occur.  I'm curious if this is the case.

That was fixed on last firmware already ..
2016-12-7
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

James L. Posted at 2016-12-6 20:52
My Mavic seems more stable.  Thanks for the awesome update!

Ken, is there a way to request a firmware update?  

Follow this settings for Cinematic Views

2016-12-7
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

I went for my first flight this afternoon with new update. After about two min of flying my iPhone 7 plus screen went black. Did not show any video and all the info said N/A. Good thing it was in line of sight. I quit dji go and reopened with my mavic still in the air and it was fine after that. This was my 8th flight and the first time this has ever happened. Should I be worried....
2016-12-7
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

She definitely flys different. Can't think of the word.  Gues I have to get use to it
2016-12-7
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nerds=Drones Posted at 2016-12-8 10:32
She definitely flys different. Can't think of the word.  Gues I have to get use to it

That's because the firmware resets all your settings. Your stick input sensitivity is now default and therefore the craft may not respond the same. Take a screen shot of all the settings before updating firmware next time.

And if you KNOW what you are doing, then reprime the Mavic with IMU, compass and stick recalibration. This is arguable, but if done right, you will have a better user experience and more understanding of the Mavic Pro.
2016-12-7
Use props
richard56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 675869 ft
United States

The smooth track setting in that video seems to have been removed for those looking for it. I cannot locate it.
2016-12-7
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.2

United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-7 17:44
That's because the firmware resets all your settings. Your stick input sensitivity is now default and therefore the craft may not respond the same. Take a screen shot of all the settings before updating firmware next time.

And if you KNOW what you are doing, then reprime the Mavic with IMU, compass and stick recalibration. This is arguable, but if done right, you will have a better user experience and more understanding of the Mavic Pro.

I had default settings for the last version?
2016-12-8
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 04:16
If it's ruining your live streams, don't use RTH and lower the battery warnings and if they're already at the lowest then land before the warning.I made the suggestion but it was not done so this is how it is. They see it as a safety precaution, so it's probably going to stay there.
It's great for the beginner to keep them reminded.

I often turn for home at 20%. I don't need it to yell at me all the way home..

I certainly see the value for a beginner, which is why this would make sense as a UI setting an experienced pilot could disable or adjust the volume of.
2016-12-8
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

C-GMTV Posted at 2016-12-7 07:55
What the ??? I have flown my Mavic for 6 hrs so far. Today I went to go fly and It says New Firmware. I go through the process (15 min) all seems to be fine. Restart the Mavic and go for a 4 min flight then land. All seems normal so I tap the auto take off button, the Mavic takes off and hovers for 1 second then all motors quit and it drops onto the hard ground. My gimbal is busted. It tells me check to see if the gimbal lock is on.

Anyone else have this happen?

That is concerning. Did you send the logs to DJI?
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-12-8 08:51
I often turn for home at 20%. I don't need it to yell at me all the way home..

I certainly see the value for a beginner, which is why this would make sense as a UI setting an experienced pilot could disable or adjust the volume of.

DJI probably thought differently and thought it's there for safety and if they wanted you to be able to disable it they would have given the option.
2016-12-8
Use props
ZeeinBC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

I updated and have flown about 6 times since the update.  No issues to report, same flight times ~22-24 mins.. I had to reset a few settings but in all, nothing felt different.
Managed to get one of those red scrolling compass errors though in mid flight while flying at top speed in sport mode - I was at the beach and some whales came by, so in a rush to go film them I did a horrible job at the calibration dance, which i'm pretty sure caused the issue. Next battery I re calibrated and had no problems.

This update requires the batteries to get updated too -- so remember to do all of them before you head out.
2016-12-8
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Anyone tested 60fps or are we accepting that the issue is not firmware fixable?
2016-12-8
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-6 19:50
Still no mute for the return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh, how I wish this was an option!  It screams "Look at ME! Look at ME!  
Would be great if there was a way to at least turn down the volume!
2016-12-8
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 10:03
DJI probably thought differently and thought it's there for safety and if they wanted you to be able to disable it they would have given the option.

@DJI-Ken  The beeping is ridiculous. And, that is a very good point about it ruining live stream. The beeping ruined my first live streem too.  The live FaceBook messages I was getting changed from "Wow, that is so awesome!" to [BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP] "Wow, that is so annoying! Is it going to explode?... Can you make it stop?"

But I guess it is what it is right Ken. Probably the same reason they will not allow manual Attitude mode. We should not even ask. DJI knows what is best for us. Really Ken.... I can only go by what I read in your posts, but it sounds like to just sheepishly ask for things on our behalf once and then tuck your tail between your legs when they say no. Can you keep on them about this.  Hell, make an advanced setting that can only be accessed after an 4 hours of flight time beefore the beeping can be reduced to 3 beeps or disabled.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-8 15:12
@DJI-Ken  The beeping is ridiculous. And, that is a very good point about it ruining live stream. The beeping ruined my first live streem too.  The live FaceBook messages I was getting changed from "Wow, that is so awesome!" to  "Wow, that is so annoying! Is it going to explode?... Can you make it stop?"

But I guess it is what it is right Ken. Probably the same reason they will not allow manual Attitude mode. We should not even ask. DJI knows what is best for us. Really Ken.... I can only go by what I read in your posts, but it sounds like to just sheepishly ask for things on our behalf once and then tuck your tail between your legs when they say no. Can you keep on them about this.  Hell, make an advanced setting that can only be accessed after an 4 hours of flight time beefore the beeping can be reduced to 3 beeps or disabled.

If you go to the Me page and select more, you can send your feedback there. If enough send it in they may do something. I know Manual ATTI was sent a bunch of time starting months ago.
2016-12-8
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 17:47
If you go to the Me page and select more, you can send your feedback there. If enough send it in they may do something. I know Manual ATTI was sent a bunch of time starting months ago.

@DJI-Ken - What is the Me page?
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-9 09:24
@DJI-Ken - What is the Me page?

The Me page is where your info is. NFZ applications, you can get to the forum from there and the DJI store too.
If you click on More, you can choose DJI Support, your DJI credits, and leave feedback.
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

This might help....

From the APP click on "ME"

From the APP click on "ME"

Click on "More"

Click on "More"

Click on "Feedback"

Click on "Feedback"
2016-12-8
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
United States

Uhhhh... yeah... immensely helpful.  Thanks! I was looking for a Me page here on the forum, lol.
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-9 10:16
Uhhhh... yeah... immensely helpful.  Thanks! I was looking for a Me page here on the forum, lol.

yea, I looked on the forum and didn't find anywhere to leave feedback so I looked on the app after Ken suggested it...
2016-12-8
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

Can someone give clear instructions on how to update the firmware on batteries? I've read so many different reports.
2016-12-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-8 21:22
Can someone give clear instructions on how to update the firmware on batteries? I've read so many different reports.

I'd like to know as well.
2016-12-9
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone had any issues with their Mavic since the update on the latest firmware?

I just took mine up in the garden to show a friend and in normal mode it seemed quite sluggish and slow, not as responsive as normal... I then bragged sport mode and switched it to show the speed and the speed did not change in the slightest... It was exactly the same. It was working fine the day before I updated it so it's clearly something with the update that has caused this.

I've seen people talking about updating the battery before? I never knew this was something that had to be done, does it just get done automatically to the battery that's in the Mavic when updating the Mavic Firmware?
2016-12-9
Use props
C-GMTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197064 ft
Canada

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-12-8 08:01
That is concerning. Did you send the logs to DJI?

I spent 2 hours trying to access the flight logs with the DJI software with no luck. I have sent the unit in for repair as the gimbal doesn't work. The unit should have the flight log still in it so the repair facility can check it out.
2016-12-9
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
United States

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-8 20:22

Batteries just get updated automatically same as any firmware update. When a new firmware is available for ANYTHING you will be prompted to do so. As long as you accept it will update. You've probably already updated your battery firmware and didn't realize it. It doesn't specifically say "battery firmware"  before the update it just says "firmware". This only becomes obvious when you have multiple batteries. When I got my two spare batteries it prompted me to update firmware with each battery.  
2016-12-9
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

Kuzz Posted at 2016-12-9 18:11
Has anyone had any issues with their Mavic since the update on the latest firmware?

I just took mine up in the garden to show a friend and in normal mode it seemed quite sluggish and slow, not as responsive as normal... I then bragged sport mode and switched it to show the speed and the speed did not change in the slightest... It was exactly the same. It was working fine the day before I updated it so it's clearly something with the update that has caused this.

Mine did the same thing. I had to go back into the settings and make it do the sport mode switch would work. Update messed with all my old settings.
2016-12-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules