New Firmware......12/06/2016
6560 92 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Mongo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

I've noticed the power management upgrade effects the batteries also.  Every time I switched to a different battery, I had to do a firmware update.  Not a problem at all unless you were out to fly and not planning on it.  Would be nice to get an e-mail blast prior to update releases.  Not like they don't already have my address on file for an e-mail blast.
2016-12-9
Use props
clecla
lvl.1

United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-6 14:09
That's not good, I've been using the Art setting also and it is recommended by a number of people also. Why would they do away with it??

I noticed ART mode was gone too.  When using DJI GO 4 app, there are now a bunch of options.. FILM A, FILM B, FILM C, etc.   No ART.   Reported to DJI and they're working on a fix
2016-12-9
Use props
clecla
lvl.1

United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-6 14:09
That's not good, I've been using the Art setting also and it is recommended by a number of people also. Why would they do away with it??

2 questions...

1)  Mind if I ask what LUT you're using and what your feedback has been using it?
2) With ART missing, are you now using D-LOG for a flat profile?
2016-12-9
Use props
clecla
lvl.1

United States

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-6 15:28
I'm going to wait a day or two. See if anyone starts complaining about the update

I might downgrade due to some of the camera options that are now missing after update.
2016-12-9
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

stealle Posted at 2016-12-9 23:52
Batteries just get updated automatically same as any firmware update. When a new firmware is available for ANYTHING you will be prompted to do so. As long as you accept it will update. You've probably already updated your battery firmware and didn't realize it. It doesn't specifically say "battery firmware"  before the update it just says "firmware". This only becomes obvious when you have multiple batteries. When I got my two spare batteries it prompted me to update firmware with each battery.

Thanks so I'll expect three updates then! Cheers
2016-12-9
Use props
patton
lvl.1

United States

I'm waiting on someone to come back (much more knowledgable than me) to recommend me one of these new settings as a replacement to ART. I was using it because it was recommended and I found it pretty easy to color correct in FCPx.
2016-12-9
Use props
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

I've been using ART too. (I think everybody did) .....  Tried D-Log the other day and it seems to have issues. Using a strong log encoding like that in 8 bit doesn't make too much sense anyway and I ran into quite some chroma issues with it. DJI's colour-scientist needs to rework that. Not really sure what to use now. Probably end up NONE and -3 on contrast? ... Or maybe D-Cinelike with the contrast lowered. Hopefully we'll get ART back very soon...
2016-12-10
Use props
C-GMTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197064 ft
Canada

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-12-9 00:01
That is concerning. Did you send the logs to DJI?

Tried for an hour to download the logs from the Mavic using the Assistant software with no luck. Sent the Mavic off for repair. I have uploaded the video from the flight to DropBox for DJI to look at. Flight log is on my phone (3sec) Can the Logs from your phone be sent to DJI or do the have access to that info because all my logs are Synced with the DJI Cloud?
2016-12-10
Use props
ENG101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

"Improved the indoor flying experience". How does the Mavic determine whether it is flying indoors vs outdoors? Is it just GPS lock?
2016-12-10
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

What's the best profile and settings to use for someone like me that can't edit post process cause my computer is too old to handle it? I currently use d-chin with nothing else changed. Should i continue using that or change the sharpness settings and stuff too? I don't want too much of a flat image because i can't color correct or anything i can only use Windows movie Maker
2016-12-11
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft
United Kingdom

Adanggas Posted at 2016-12-9 16:05
Mine did the same thing. I had to go back into the settings and make it do the sport mode switch would work. Update messed with all my old settings.

Yeah I checked and mine had changed the setting for normal mode and sport mode to exactly the same. 0.25... Why would it even do this, I hadn't even changed any of these kind of settings since opening it brand new so why would they all of a sudden change unless they changed the defaults and it reverted to the new defaults. Very annoying because my Mavic now does not feel the same to fly at all. It's very different. Much slower to respond. I guess I need to play about with those settings more. I've adjusted sport mode so thats quicker but it still doesn't seem right.
2016-12-12
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Honestly I'm pretty hacked off with this firmware update. It's messed with all my settings. Made the gimbal horizon poor and now I get numerous compass errors in sports mode. It just doesn't fly the same at all. It even tried to drift away today!! I'm having to return her for repair which sucks!
2016-12-12
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

It was great prior too!! Was loving it. And they took away all the profiles I used. What gives!!
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules