Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Kurlin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16811 ft
  • >>>
Australia

All,

I realise there are numberous post on ESC problems/errors and how the causes are many and varied.

I had my Phantom 4 grounded due to ESC Status Error on all 4 motors.

I did not have any crashes and proably only logged about 6 hours total fly time.

I was running the very lates firmware xxxx.602. No problems with it for several flights.

I tried firmware upgrades / downgrades multiple times and never go a clean upgrade or dowqn grade.

I replaced both ESC board (Left and Right).

The ESC error persisted.

I then replaced the "main controller"

ESC errors on all motors finally dissapeared but now I have an ESC error on No. 2 only. Most likely the culprit.

My question is how do you determine the motor numbers. I could not find any docuemntation to show me.

I could give it a gues but it is a bit opf worrk.

I am probaby going to replace all motors to be 100% sure I have no issues.

I suspect though that once you get an ESC error of some sort that it will not clear no matter what you do. I replaced my "main controller" and things cleared for me to further diagnose the that I possible have only one faulty motor. Does anyone know if there is a procedure to perfrom to clear ESC errors.

I did factory resets and cleared flight logs but it did not make a difference.

This is the hardest fix I have had to do.

Before anyone suggest I send it to DJI. I have cracked it open and made previous repirs so I am not under warranty and prefer to fix things my self as it is quicker and provides me confidence when I get back in the air.

Any help on motor identification would be awesome

Steve (sydney, australia)
2016-12-6
Use props
Steve Kurlin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16811 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I replace Motor 2. The way I dentified the motor numbers was from the print on the ESC board. The Left and right board have printed on them what motor number they are for.  I powered up and thankfully all good. IMU calibration good. Compass calibraton good.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans492b5fcc
lvl.1

Philippines

Can you send me information I just got the escape error after upgrade
2016-12-28
Use props
Whenwillbehappy
lvl.1

Philippines

Where do you find the motors I been looking and can not find any where hard time finding parts I have phantom  advance and a pro not used a lot yet
2017-1-1
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Good information Steve!
2017-1-1
Use props
fans79141802
New
Flight distance : 4448747 ft