Balancing Propellers
624 4 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DotheMath
New
Flight distance : 2113 ft
United States

Good Morning! A newbie question for you all! I recently noticed when I started the motors on my last flight that the arms flexed a bit on motor start up. I've purchased a balancer and am currenlty awaiting its arrival. So... What are some of the best practices for balancing props? Any tips or tricks? What materials do you use to balance?
2016-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's really not necessary if you are using DJI props.
2016-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mine weren't bad, just a little off.  Bit of smoothing of the edges even them up.

However, what I found more disturbing is that some were bent, probably being pressed on too much while in the box.  When I put them on the P4 and spun them by hand, I could see one blade maybe 1/2 inch higher than the other.  I thought it would straighten in time flying, but every time I stopped, it was bowed up.  I finally held it and re-bent it.  Had I tried to balance that one first without straightening, that might have been a boo-boo.
2016-12-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Balancing can be done by lightly sanding the emblem or arrow near the hub. Tiny bits of scotch tape. Some here utilize clear nail polish.

Use your imagination. ;-) all though that won't balance much more than your immediate thoughts. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-7
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Well, you don't really need re-balancing (if it isn't too bad)
And also, the arms flexing is normal, it's designed to flex. If it were rock solid and did not move a millimeter, Aerodynamics in flight could rip them apart
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules