Will DJI Recommend Hero 4 on H3-3D V1.1 or V2 or will we have to buy a new gi...
6246 21 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxisDrone
lvl.1

United States

I would like to know these answers? Will dji void my gimbal warranty for add a hero 4 on it ?
Or did everyone who just bought Phantom 2s with Gimbals Get ripped off bcus of a New Phantom 3 is coming out with H4-3D ?
Or will they accommodate the consumer and back their Products with the new hero 4?
Will the H3-3D gimbals need a new calibration to become more rely able with the new hero 4?
Answers please I can't sleep at night ....lol

2014-10-3
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

it will work fine on your gopro 4 from what i have  seen on  blogs and test fly videos,  you never know what P3  is going to bring not just yet   
2014-10-4
Use props
MaxisDrone
lvl.1

United States

lol 48 views but not on official DJI rep can verify the use of the hero4 on the H3-3D
2014-10-4
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

Hi, MaxisDrone, we are on National Holiday from 1 to 7 Oct.  We are purchasing the gopro4 and will find out after testing.
2014-10-6
Use props
MaxisDrone
lvl.1

United States

Dji Terry thanks for the reply
2014-10-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GP4 Black when connected to a H3-2D will not output video.  I have tested using a P2 with iOSD mini and the AVL58.  I get OSD but no video.  My H3-3D v1 is on a P2 with Lightbridge so at this point it works on that platform.  But it is connected to HDMI out.  It appears that the H3-3D v2 does not have any problems based on user reports.
2014-10-8
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-9 01:39
The GP4 Black when connected to a H3-2D will not output video.  I have tested using a P2 with iOSD m ...

I have done several searches for this but can't find an answer.
I just got an H3-3D. There is no mention of a version # on the box. Is V2 simply a software/firmware upgrade? How does one determine which version is currently installed?
Thanks
2014-10-11
Use props
Taliban_Beats
lvl.1

United States

guitarian Posted at 2014-10-11 17:45
I have done several searches for this but can't find an answer.
I just got an H3-3D. There is no m ...

The difference between version 1 and 2 is simply the way the gopro attaches or connects rather to the gimbal it self for the purpose to charge the gopro. version 1 being the go pro connects to the back port of the go pro from the gimbal plate. Version 2 the go pro connects through a ribbon using an USB port to connect from gimbal to gopro. I'm sure there are a few adjustments or tweaks to the gimbals funcuality but that's just me using wishful thinking. I am waiting for dji to give the green light for the gopro hero 4 black approval for the H3-3D gimbal.
2014-10-11
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

Taliban_Beats@y Posted at 2014-10-12 14:40
The difference between version 1 and 2 is simply the way the gopro attaches or connects rather to  ...

Then I have a V2. I like the Hero 4, but If I have to get a Hero 3+ to use to use the Phantom/Zenmuse, then I guess that's what I'll do.
Thanks T Beats!
2014-10-13
Use props
Taliban_Beats
lvl.1

United States

guitarian Posted at 2014-10-14 04:25
Then I have a V2. I like the Hero 4, but If I have to get a Hero 3+ to use to use the Phantom/Zenm ...

No problem yha dji should be able to have a recalibrate update for gp4 users
2014-10-14
Use props
Taliban_Beats
lvl.1

United States

This is why I have waited to purchase the gopro 4 because it would be the main reason of the purchase is to do aerials but for now the 3+ Black will have to do until this whole confusion with the gimbal and gopro 4 is cleared by DJI themselves hopefully their test and trails are positive with the H3-3d
2014-10-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All, this is not a DJI problem but a limitation on the part of the GoPro to be able to process the recorded data and then output.  There have posts showing GoPro's response to user inquiries and they have forwarded to their engineering department.  There have been other posts stating that GoPro does not support 3rd party applications.  Take your choice.  My GPH4B is going back tomorrow.  I am fine with the GP3B that I have.
2014-10-15
Use props
Jarret
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-16 04:25
All, this is not a DJI problem but a limitation on the part of the GoPro to be able to process the r ...

Ed I wish the producers I worker for were fine with my Hero 3 , but in low light conditions it is useless. I was filming above a racetrack at night and all of the dark areas are just static. The new 4 is amazing in the dark. Unfortunately My 4 won't work, so I will be returning it as well.
2014-10-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The H3-3D v1.1 will work for you but you will only have SD out.
2014-10-23
Use props
blue.frog.shang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28182 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi
Is there a setting to get that output in SD? As it stands I have the h3-3d v1 and all is cool with Hero3 but no FPV with Hero4....
Is there an upgrade path or tweek to get that gimbal from V1 to V2?
thanks much
patrick
2014-10-28
Use props
Dafunk4344
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5909 ft
Canada

Thanks Dji Terry. Will wait for your test results on GP4.
2014-10-28
Use props
MaxisDrone
lvl.1

United States

I've been waiting for some kind of results from DJI
I see they just put out an update for the gimbal but has no relation to weight difference on the GoPro 4
Would like to see an optional update maybe for go pro 4 users
2014-10-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you use the v1.1 you will not have an issue.  It is only the H3-3D and H3-2D with the 30 pin rear connector that have an issue.  DJI is working on this issue but as of now there is no solution.  If you are connecting via the usb you are fine.
I am a DJI employee so you have a response.
2014-10-29
Use props
Taliban_Beats
lvl.1

United States

Okay thx Ed if you can answer this for me do you guys recommend adding coins to the gimbal?
2014-10-29
Use props
MuggeGHQ
New

Denmark

I hear other stuff about balance. You need to place a coin on the top front to have true balance.
Is that right or is it just a weird story ?

Thanks
2014-10-30
Use props
bennesvig
lvl.1

United States

MuggeGHQ Posted at 2014-10-31 07:01
I hear other stuff about balance. You need to place a coin on the top front to have true balance.
Is ...

I put a dime on the end of the H3-3D to balance the weight of the Hero 4 Black. It seems to do the trick.
2014-11-2
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

the weight difference is a little too much i would say. 14g+counterweight is really a tough job for the H3-3D since its PID settings are for the gopro3
2015-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules