Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Here we go...

Purchased the Z3...upgraded everything...and it doesn't work good...

One hour chatting with DJI...do this, do that, unlink, relink, switch off, switch on...and...NOTHING changed!!!

So, with the X3 I have 5.6 Km of video range, NO latency...

With the Z3 I have 1.3 Km of bad video range...tons of latency...

Another hour of chat with DJI...and they suggest to ask for a replacement...

2016-12-7
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hope the replacement has not the same problems...
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you please verify what firmware version you have on both your Inspire and Z3? What mobile device with Go app version do you have? What resolutions are you filming at?
2016-12-7
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-7 22:25
Can you please verify what firmware version you have on both your Inspire and Z3? What mobile device with Go app version do you have? What resolutions are you filming at?

Please see attached pictures. Mobile is an iPad mini 4 wifi+cellular
IMG_0109.PNG
IMG_0108.PNG
IMG_0110.PNG
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2016-12-8 18:15
Please see attached pictures. Mobile is an iPad mini 4 wifi+cellular

Thank you for supplying this. Do you notice any difference in the transmission when filming in lower resolutions, like 2.7K or below? Do you have hardware decoding enabled in the Go app? Just to clarify, the range of the X3 that you've provided was also while filming in 4K?
2016-12-8
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-8 19:28
Thank you for supplying this. Do you notice any difference in the transmission when filming in lower resolutions, like 2.7K or below? Do you have hardware decoding enabled in the Go app? Just to clarify, the range of the X3 that you've provided was also while filming in 4K?

I always film in 4K, I can try 2.7 K. Hardware decoding was "ON".
2016-12-9
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-8 19:28

Yes, X3 range is filming in 4K
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2016-12-9 16:34
I always film in 4K, I can try 2.7 K. Hardware decoding was "ON".

Please let me know if you notice any difference.
2016-12-10
Use props
Cat and Otter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559183 ft
United States

I purchased a Z3 last week. Same issues you have both before and after the camera's firmware update. A quick search reveals the is a very common issue since the new Z3 was released. As I understand, the Z3 is essentially a repackaged X3 with an optical zoom. If that is the case, I'm unsure why there would be such a huge problem.

The Z3 is a big investment for my tiny little company so I may need to return the camera until they get a fix. I can't afford to have a unit sit on a shelf hoping it will work soon otherwise I would have liked to help DJI with information to get this resolved.

(edit) I can add I tried with custom image transmition settings, chose a manual clear cahnnel and dropped the image quality for maximum range with no effect.

2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cat and Otter Posted at 2016-12-11 23:06
I purchased a Z3 last week. Same issues you have both before and after the camera's firmware update. A quick search reveals the is a very common issue since the new Z3 was released. As I understand, the Z3 is essentially a repackaged X3 with an optical zoom. If that is the case, I'm unsure why there would be such a huge problem.

The Z3 is a big investment for my tiny little company so I may need to return the camera until they get a fix. I can't afford to have a unit sit on a shelf hoping it will work soon otherwise I would have liked to help DJI with information to get this resolved.

To clarify, what mobile device and Go app version are you using? What resolutions are you filming at?
2016-12-12
Use props
Cat and Otter
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 11:56
To clarify, what mobile device and Go app version are you using? What resolutions are you filming at?

I'm using an iPad mini 4, Go app version 3.1.1, 4k 30fps 3840x2160
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cat and Otter Posted at 2016-12-14 02:41
I'm using an iPad mini 4, Go app version 3.1.1, 4k 30fps 3840x2160

Do you see the same transmission distance when filming in lesser resolutions like 2.7K or below, or is it only with 4K? How far out are you able to go out when filming in 4K?
2016-12-13
Use props
Cat and Otter
lvl.2
United States

For me, it's not so much about distance. I mainly do real estate and the houses rarely move I can try distance but my main issue is the video lag. More times than not, it has a lag of several seconds.

It's 10 degrees F here today, but the next day the weather is a bit more tolerable, I try some distance.

As for the video lag, because I can't consistently replicate the problem, it's more of a trial and error. I'll try with lower resolution next time I'm out and see if I get any lag.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Cat and Otter Posted at 2016-12-14 23:21
For me, it's not so much about distance. I mainly do real estate and the houses rarely move  I can try distance but my main issue is the video lag. More times than not, it has a lag of several seconds.

It's 10 degrees F here today, but the next day the weather is a bit more tolerable, I try some distance.

Please give it a try and let me know the outcome. From what I've gathered thus far, it may be a device limitation in 4K since it's a more 'hefty' resolution. The tell would be whether the other resolutions don't exibit this issue.
2016-12-14
Use props
JackyYyy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103287 ft
China

How long have you purchased it? DJI should able to replace it for you if it's in 15 days.
2016-12-14
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I decided to bring it back to the RC shop where I bought it. It's on the way back to DJI for a replacement. Lotsa money wasted for a f...ing product. Always beta testers...
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2016-12-16 05:12
I decided to bring it back to the RC shop where I bought it. It's on the way back to DJI for a replacement. Lotsa money wasted for a f...ing product. Always beta testers...

Did you ever try any of the other resolutions to see if it did the same thing?
2016-12-16
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 17:45
Did you ever try any of the other resolutions to see if it did the same thing?

Yes...wasted time...

2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

If the transmission issue was occuring among the lesser resolutions, then that would mean that there is an internal issue with the Z3. If it was solely with the 4K resolution, then it would have been a different story. It's good to hear that you are getting this addressed with your dealer, you would be up and running again in no time.
2016-12-16
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-17 00:03
If the transmission issue was occuring among the lesser resolutions, then that would mean that there is an internal issue with the Z3. If it was solely with the 4K resolution, then it would have been a different story. It's good to hear that you are getting this addressed with your dealer, you would be up and running again in no time.

Hi Jamie,

I hope that is only a defective Z3...

I DON'T have and don't want to be as most of DJI customers are, beta testers.

It's common nowadays to release products without all the test that should have been passed by any kinda product.

I purchased a 999,00 € gimbal, ninehundredninetynine, it's a very big amount of money, and I cannot use it because nobody knows what kinda problem it has...Did someone test the Z3 on the field?

It's the same story...DJI promise something that is NOT maintained!!!

Last example is the Inspire 2; when launching it, DJI was pushing it with the top speed of 108 Km/h...I went to the RC Shop where I buy my DJI products discussing about it with the owner bidding with him regarding how long this top speed DJI would have kept it as feature... I won, cause you didn't wait neither the first FW upgrade!!! So, now, from 108 to 94 Km/h...

And, when you release new FW upgrade, you DON'T tell customers ALL the downgrades they will face after installing the latest version. Example, Inspire 1 version 1.30 was capable of at least 26/27 m/s of top speed. It was perfect for my job, I "chase" powerboats filming them for my customers. 27 m/s are about 52.5 Knots and this was a very good speed to film most of my customer's powerboats. My Inspire was asking for the upgrade, so after many reminders I upgraded to 1.7. Tested it I was really astonished because you downgraded the speed performance...and you didn't tell about loosing the speed...No way to go back to 1.30 and this is not good. As per Italian and European regulations, "any manufacturer cannot downgrade the performance of anything, without communication" and you don't do this "and however he must have the chance to back in any moment".

So, pay attention, because customers before or later loose their patience and start to make class actions...

Kind regards.
2016-12-19
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Of course...DJI does NOT reply...
2016-12-21
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Tested an X5, 5.5 km of uninterrupted video range...
2017-1-3
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

I've got a Z3 and it does the same thing.  At 4K, it is all but unusable.  Lowering the res seems to help some but not enough to feel good about spending $900.  I'm just going to order and X3.
2017-1-13
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

AegisFC Posted at 2017-1-13 09:29
I've got a Z3 and it does the same thing.  At 4K, it is all but unusable.  Lowering the res seems to help some but not enough to feel good about spending $900.  I'm just going to order and X3.

My Z3 is still at DJI for checking and eventually for replacement...since DEC 15 2016...
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules