1235 4 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There has been a couple of posts here about the Quality of the switches in the Transmitter.
When I first received my Phantom I did notice that once the S2 switch was showing a middle setting when the swicth was up (Naza CL, HL Lock Off)

Toggled it a couple of times and then it was fine.

I recently updated to the latest Release of the Mac assistant software 3.8 that was released a few days ago.

And checked to ensure that all the settings were still correct.

Doing this I noticed on the calibration page that the S2 switch was flickering from CL to Off. Middle to Top.

After a few quick toggles the switch failed completely and stayed in the middle CL position. The Middle to Bottom. CL to HL still worked OK

These switches are poor quality. I have ordered replacement heavy duty ones with a longer throw like on a Futaba set.

The set is under warrenty but having these rubbish switches replaced with new rubbish switches is not an option for me.

This flickering would have induced the experience I had a couple of weeks ago when the Phantom did an unexpected 90 degree turn on me. It had either reset the course lock or flipped beween CL and Off.

If it had failed in the other position HL it would have produced worse results. Or if it was the S1 switch an unexpected ATTI command or RTH or Manual mode setting.

There is no other feedback you get on the switch positions other than the rear LED lights in NAZA Mode that you cannot see at a distance.

I recommend to everyone that you do a regular test of the switches with the Phantom connected to the PT2 Assistant Software.

Cheers

2015-2-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good Point!
It seems to me that the switches in the new P2V+ are slightly better than the P1 switches. I did ask one engineer if he replaced his, and he said he found them adequate.

Personally, I think it would be great to have switches with LED's that indicated which position they were in!
2015-2-11
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Hmmm, I wonder if this may explian a portion of the current cop of flyaways? The switches do feel flimsy for sure, where did you source the new ones?
2015-2-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

trailtec.dodo Posted at 2015-2-11 21:40
Hmmm, I wonder if this may explian a portion of the current cop of flyaways? The switches do feel fl ...

http://www.au-drones.com.au/l3w-p-2350.html

They are heavy duty replacement units for Futaba.

Cheers
2015-2-11
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Thank you sir! Even better it's an Aussie company, cool.
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules