BUG REPORT - Point of Interest Mode
1566 8 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Today I tried using Point of interest mode and it failed 3 out of 4 times! The first two times, the notification said 'Firmware Inconsistency' and the app would crash, but recover in 'Normal Mode'. I'm not 100% sure but I believe I noticed the RC and aircraft disconnect for a few seconds during the recovery. After the first two attempts I tried to catch the bug on video but I was not able to reproduce this issue and POI mode seemed to work (although a friend of mine was with me and he said the controls were not working as he would expect [he is a P4 pilot]).

Later I tried to reproduce the error and I had a different failure altogether. The RC lost connection when I entered POI mode and the app crashed. I did catch a video of that and linked it below. I had been flying for about an hour in the same location with zero issues (in normal mode, no smart modes).

Aircraft and RC Firmware : v01.03.0000
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.0 (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus)

2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi zach, I've watched your video. When the error message "no signal" popping up, the distance was 15ft and height was 82.3ft.
Please see the screenshot.
screenshot-1.png
The aircraft almost right above your head. Please try to adjust the antenna and test the POI again.
2016-12-8
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-8 03:32
Hi zach, I've watched your video. When the error message "no signal" popping up, the distance was 15ft and height was 82.3ft.
Please see the screenshot.
[view_image]

Thank you! I'll try that. But it's worth noting that I didn't have that issue at all any other time when flying in manual mode and the aircraft was overhead quite a bit.
2016-12-8
Use props
look_alive
lvl.1

United States

The aircraft being overhead can cause the app to crash? Weird.
2016-12-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

look_alive Posted at 2016-12-8 16:07
The aircraft being overhead can cause the app to crash? Weird.

lol

Yeah i doubt very much weather 15m directly above your head would cause a complete deadzone either, perhaps 200M up and directly overhead .. for a breif second ...  who knows.

2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I don't know how much of an impact it might have but I also noticed your antennas were not oriented parallel to one another. Make sure they are fully extended and parallel. I have also read the best reception is when the flats of the antenna are parallel to the drone as depicted below:
Clipboard01.jpg
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

zach5150 Posted at 2016-12-8 23:46
Thank you! I'll try that. But it's worth noting that I didn't have that issue at all any other time when flying in manual mode and the aircraft was overhead quite a bit.

Besides, please try with another mobile device to see if it's the same.
2016-12-8
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

I just tried it with samsung S7 edge and got the same problem.  app crashed after selecting final OK (like in OP movie) and then automatically restarted. Other thinks like active-track seem to work perfectly. Mavic was about 15m high, 30m in front of me, perfect signal and whatever... clearly a bug in the new app.
2016-12-9
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
United States

UPDDATE - I tried DJI GO4 on:
-Samsung Tab A 7" (very unstable)
-Samsung Tab A 8" (completely unusable. Can't even connect to the aircraft)
-Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + (works great in all but POI mode)
-Asus Zenpad S8 (too much video lag)

I tried the standard DJI Go app on:
-Samsung Tab A 7" (Works pretty well in all modes. A little performance lag occasionally due to only 1.5GB of RAM. Not as good as the iPad Mini 2, but still decent and functional)
-Samsung Tab A 8" (completely unusable. App won't connect to aircraft)

I need to try DJI GO3 on the Samsung GS6 Edge+ and provide a report. My guess is it'll work great. DJI GO4 app is BUGGY. Period. The 7" Tab A proved that to me.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules