3939 32 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Hello

Can anyone advise how to work with the DJI assistant desktop application and retrieving flight logs from my Mavic? I downloaded the DJI assistant 2 app onto my Macbook but when I click Flight Record it continuously loads. If I click Firmware Update it shows that I have the latest version installed.

Also, what is the application "DJI DNG Cleaner" for? I downloaded that as well.

Thank you for your help
2016-12-7
Use props
Henrywilliams3
New

United States

I can't help you with DJI Assistant, since i still haven't recieved my drone. I can help you with DJI DNG Cleaner. It basically cleans up the video and makes it look bigger. Most people can't open the file in photoshop after using it though.
2016-12-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

I had issues on my MacBook Air. Turns out I missed an extra driver package contained in the DMG. Once I installed the drivers and rebooted, I was able to download logs.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should see the flight records when choosing that tab.
Make sure the install was done correctly, you can also try to delete/reinstall the Assistant2.
2016-12-7
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I too am having the same problem. I've switch memory cards, reinstalled Assistant 2 and support pkg files. still no luck. I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.1
2016-12-8
Use props
Peeewit
lvl.2
United Kingdom

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-8 11:57
I too am having the same problem. I've switch memory cards, reinstalled Assistant 2 and support pkg files. still no luck. I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

I am also running Sierra 10.12.1 on MacBook Pro.
While the DJI assistant 2 will recognise an attached controller or aircraft and advise on the current firmware level and suggest an up date, it just hangs at 0% if you start the update.
It looks like there is something wrong with the USB driver.
I cannot do firmware updates with DJI Go 4 app either as it does not report that an update is needed.

Had to borrow my wifes Windows PC to do the updates.
2016-12-8
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-8 01:17
I had issues on my MacBook Air. Turns out I missed an extra driver package contained in the DMG. Once I installed the drivers and rebooted, I was able to download logs.

Link to the driver? I saw the driver on the Phantom log extraction video but I don't see the drive anywhere onsite. Thanks
2016-12-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-9 00:07
Link to the driver? I saw the driver on the Phantom log extraction video but I don't see the drive anywhere onsite. Thanks

The driver I'm talking about was located inside the DJI Assistant 2 dmg file that I downloaded.
2016-12-8
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-8 21:23
The driver I'm talking about was located inside the DJI Assistant 2 dmg file that I downloaded.

Is that package required for all installations on macBook Pro? When I went to install it, there was a reference to Android, so I stopped it (I use an iPhone & iPad). I'm able to calibrate the cameras, but cannot update the mavic or RC at all with Assistant 2.
2016-12-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Australia

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-9 00:45
Is that package required for all installations on macBook Pro? When I went to install it, there was a reference to Android, so I stopped it (I use an iPhone & iPad). I'm able to calibrate the cameras, but cannot update the mavic or RC at all with Assistant 2.

I believe it is required for all installations. It's a third party driver, and if I remember correctly, its primary purpose is for connecting Android devices with a Mac. In our case, it's for communication between the drone and the Mac. I don't think it matters what type of device you fly with, since that isn't part of the equation when connecting your drone to DJI Assistant.
2016-12-8
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-9 07:43
I believe it is required for all installations. It's a third party driver, and if I remember correctly, its primary purpose is for connecting Android devices with a Mac. In our case, it's for communication between the drone and the Mac. I don't think it matters what type of device you fly with, since that isn't part of the equation when connecting your drone to DJI Assistant.

OK, thanks for that, I'll install them and see if that's the issue I'm having.
2016-12-8
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 01:34
You should see the flight records when choosing that tab.
Make sure the install was done correctly, you can also try to delete/reinstall the Assistant2.

Hey Ken, thanks for helping out here

I uninstalled/deleted the DJI Assistant 2 app from my MacBook (running OS X El Capitan v10.11.6)

I went to the Phantom 4 page to download the DJI Assistant 2 app, then re-installed to my MacBook.

When I open the DJI Assistant 2 App, the app properly recognizes my Mavic Pro connected and my firmware info, but when clicking the Flight Logs tab, the app continuously spins/loads (see attached photo).

I also re-booted my Macbook which did nothing.

Can you help? Thank you
Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 9.03.42 AM.png
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-10 07:04
Hey Ken, thanks for helping out here

I uninstalled/deleted the DJI Assistant 2 app from my MacBook (running OS X El Capitan v10.11.6)

If your aircraft is well used it may take a while for the records to show up (5-10 minutes)
But if it's taking longer than that something isn't right.
I would have to wait until Monday to better assist you.
2016-12-10
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-9 07:43

Thanks again Jason, installed the driver package, rebooted my macbook and all is as it should be now.
2016-12-10
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-10 12:57
Thanks again Jason, installed the driver package, rebooted my macbook and all is as it should be now.

is your DJI Go 4 App used on an Android phone? I'm using an iPhone 6.

Thanks
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-11 00:17
If your aircraft is well used it may take a while for the records to show up (5-10 minutes)
But if it's taking longer than that something isn't right.
I would have to wait until Monday to better assist you.

Hey Ken thanks again for helping out here.

I left my Mavic plugged into my Macbook with the DJI Assistant program for nearly an hour with no success of loading logs, the screen continuously showed the spinning symbol. The reason I am looking to get logs is to inquire about a warning I get in sport mode.

Thank you
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 08:11
Hey Ken thanks again for helping out here.

I left my Mavic plugged into my Macbook with the DJI Assistant program for nearly an hour with no success of loading logs, the screen continuously showed the spinning symbol. The reason I am looking to get logs is to inquire about a warning I get in sport mode.

You are not able to read the DAT files, only the DJI flight data analysis team can correctly read them.
If you play back the flight in the flight records, you can see the warnings.
What warning came up?
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 00:27
You are not able to read the DAT files, only the DJI flight data analysis team can correctly read them.
If you play back the flight in the flight records, you can see the warnings.
What warning came up?

Hey Ken, it looks like someone else is posting about my issue here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75973-1-1.html

I am able to replicate the issue over and over. With both sticks on full throttle I get compass redundancy errors and IMU calibration errors. As soon as I let off the sticks, the errors and warnings go away. This never happened until the latest firmware update.
Can you help me with getting my flight logs? Or should I open an inquiry with DJI Support? Thank you
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 14:33
Hey Ken, it looks like someone else is posting about my issue here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75973-1-1.html

I am able to replicate the issue over and over. With both sticks on full throttle I get compass redundancy errors and IMU calibration errors. As soon as I let off the sticks, the errors and warnings go away. This never happened until the latest firmware update.

I posted there.
I've reported it, the GPS and compass work together with the flight controller.
It may be the violent braking effects the compass for a few seconds and putting it into ATTI mode.
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 17:22
I posted there.
I've reported it, the GPS and compass work together with the flight controller.
It may be the violent braking effects the compass for a few seconds and putting it into ATTI mode.

OK thanks Ken. Sorry to keep going back on this but I want to be able to extract logs. I'll email support for help. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks for all the help
2016-12-12
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 05:45
is your DJI Go 4 App used on an Android phone? I'm using an iPhone 6.

Thanks

My post was in reference to Assistant 2 on my macBook Pro, but I do use Go4 on an iPad Mini 4.

If your question is in regards to the driver package contained in the Assistant 2 dmg, yes you want to install it. Without, I was not able to download the logs or update.
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-12 19:21
My post was in reference to Assistant 2 on my macBook Pro, but I do use Go4 on an iPad Mini 4.

If your question is in regards to the driver package contained in the Assistant 2 dmg, yes you want to install it. Without, I was not able to download the logs or update.

If you download the package, the Driver does not appear
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 7.57.53 PM.png
2016-12-12
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 17:57
If you download the package, the Driver does not appear

You have to run the pkg file, open it like the app and it will install the driver.
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-12 21:24
You have to run the pkg file, open it like the app and it will install the driver.

I don't think the PKG file has anything to do with a driver for the DJI Assistant 2 app. I really don't believe there is a driver for Mac PCs
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 9.42.24 PM.png
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

Does anyone out there have a MacBook and cannot extract logs? I chatted with DJI support and they said that this is a problem with Windows PC running Windows 10 as well (problem being the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app continuously loads when you click Flight Logs)
2016-12-12
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 19:43
I don't think the PKG file has anything to do with a driver for the DJI Assistant 2 app. I really don't believe there is a driver for Mac PCs

Worked for me and Jason Lane??
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-12-12 22:30
Worked for me and Jason Lane??

Show me a screenshot, from your Mac, of this driver that you installed? As per my last post to this thread, you can see a screenshot clearly indicating the PKG file is for an Android functionality with Mac.
2016-12-12
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 20:32
Show me a screenshot, from your Mac, of this driver that you installed? As per my last post to this thread, you can see a screenshot clearly indicating the PKG file is for an Android functionality with Mac.

I don't see why I should have to prove anything to you. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you fine.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 20:44
Does anyone out there have a MacBook and cannot extract logs? I chatted with DJI support and they said that this is a problem with Windows PC running Windows 10 as well (problem being the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app continuously loads when you click Flight Logs)

I just downloaded flight logs from the Mavic on my 2011 Macbook Pro and have no issues at all.
2016-12-12
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-12 20:44

I installed the Horndis package and that solved the issue. Maybe the OS in the Mavic is linux or Android based and requires the Android driver. I have no idea, but that driver is what allowed me to download the logs to my mid 2012 MBP.

Now....to Ken's point earlier in this thread...you'll get a .dat file that is essentially unreadable. There are .csv converters out there that can extract the .dat files but you still won't have a highly readable log.
2016-12-12
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

I would like to post my logs to healthydrones since that website is able to read and translate .dat files.

Hopefully I don't encounter any issues that require me to submit logs to DJI support since it seems I cannot extract them.

damaltor, it's not about proving anything to me. I am trying to understand how/why someone with a MacBook is able to extract logs when I cannot. You would be equally as frustrated if you were experiencing the same issue
2016-12-13
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Singapore

Wind Junkie Posted at 2016-12-13 10:43

While I agree that the package doesn't look like it's relevant, it is definitely what fixed the issue for me. It's clearly a 3rd party piece of software, but that doesn't mean it's not needed.

If you tried installing HoRNDIS and you still can't download logs, did you also reboot after installing the driver?
2016-12-13
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2016-12-13 21:40
While I agree that the package doesn't look like it's relevant, it is definitely what fixed the issue for me. It's clearly a 3rd party piece of software, but that doesn't mean it's not needed.

If you tried installing HoRNDIS and you still can't download logs, did you also reboot after installing the driver?

Hey Jason, I did try a reboot but I will try once more and test. Thank you
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules