Kiwis.. Need your help! Coming to New Zealand
1143 5 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Bro's Im coming home for the first time in over 20 years and am planning a trip around the South Island.
Reading the CAA website seems clear as mud especially when it comes to parks etc. Does this include national parks?
Also what about fox/Franz Josef? anyone flown there? the maps make it look like its a no fly zone.
Starting in Queenstown then Manapouri, Stewart Island, Invers, Dunedin, Lake Tekapo, Kaikoura, Picton, Westport, Franz Josef then back to Queenstown plus all the awesome stuff in between.
If anyone lives or has flown in these areas would love to know the local do's and don'ts
Plus if anyone lives on Stewart Island and wants to loan me a car Xmas day that would be awesome!
Cheers
2016-12-7
Use props
studioje
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Dave,
I am no kiwi but I know for sure that fox and Franz Josef is a no flight zone for drones. Too many helicopters in this area. Milford Sound, too!
2016-12-8
Use props
UKCobra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13957 ft
United Kingdom

I could not take off at Milford Sound, due to the close proximity to the Airport there. And having seen the planes take off and approach the airport, not sure I would want to fly my drone with small aircraft coming in.
I have flown in a few areas on the South Island back in June, including Lake Tekapo and Waipapa Point.
I am always considerate of others around me, so if it would be obtrusive, I don't fly. Which can be a pain, when I have traveled from the UK and only in the area for a day or so.
2016-12-8
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

studioje Posted at 2016-12-8 18:13
Hi Dave,
I am no kiwi but I know for sure that fox and Franz Josef is a no flight zone for drones. Too many helicopters in this area. Milford Sound, too!

Yeah I thought that would be the case. I'm wondering what the operating hours are for the glaciers. Might be able to get in early with permission.
2016-12-8
Use props
studioje
lvl.1

Germany

DaveAus Posted at 2016-12-9 00:28
Yeah I thought that would be the case. I'm wondering what the operating hours are for the glaciers. Might be able to get in early with permission.

maybe there is a chance to get a permission when the weather is too bad and the helicopters don't fly to the glaciers.
2016-12-9
Use props
mmaryg599
New

United States

Don't make fire in the bush.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules