Video lag
1001 10 2016-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans477052f4
New

United States

How much free space do you need on your phone to run the dji go app?  I have been getting terrible video lag and artifacts with my samsung note edge but just checked free space and had less than one gig of space.  By bird, controller and batteries all have the latest update.
2016-12-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans477,

As you are learning, it is best to have more than a Gig of RAM available for flying.  The recommendations are for 2 Gigs RAM at a minimum for the basic phone at purchase.  But, if you can clean up your Note Edge and disable non-DJI GO related apps, it will help a lot.  I cannot find the Note Edge in any suggested listing.  I can find the Note (s) 3, 4, 5, & 8 and one S6 Edge.  They are plenty and powerful enough (except the 8).  But, what are the power specs on your Note Edge at purchase?

It is not going to get any easier on your phone (or tablet) and at some point, the DJI GO app will stop working on it completely if it is not powerful enough.  It is best to have a powerful tablet dedicated to flying.  The most popular Android tablet is the nVidia Shield K1 (8" tablet) and it sells for only $200 but is very powerful.  Probably why it is so popular!

One other thing you can try to see if you can get around this problem for now is change the setting on your Live Feed system from Auto to Custom.  It is in the HD icon at the upper right of the flight screen.  When you pick Custom, you will be able to see the signal strength of the 8 channels.  Follow the legend and find the most stable green channel and pick it.  Then look at the bandwidth slider and you will notice that it is one notch to the right of the lowest setting.  Slide it to the left to the lowest setting.  Then return to the flight screen and see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-8
Use props
fans477052f4
New

United States

Thanks for the great response. My phone is a note 4 edge.  I just made 10 gig of room and going to try again if that doest work going to try my sons I pad mini.
2016-12-8
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68353 ft
United States

I've been having issues with lag and artifacts as well, but my Moto Z Droid has plenty of RAM available as well as storage space. It also has the fastest processor currently on the market. It can't be related to the device. I think the DJI GO 4.0 app is just very buggy. It keeps crashing on me. Hopefully they release an update soon that addresses all of these issues.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans477052f4
New

United States

I cleared room on phone and no luck.  Kid's ipad was just as bad.  I read on the forums to pull the gimbal wiresults and seemed to work so far
2016-12-8
Use props
fans477052f4
New

United States

Well help some still spotty.  Has to be the update
2016-12-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ah42 Posted at 2016-12-8 06:12
I've been having issues with lag and artifacts as well, but my Moto Z Droid has plenty of RAM available as well as storage space. It also has the fastest processor currently on the market. It can't be related to the device. I think the DJI GO 4.0 app is just very buggy. It keeps crashing on me. Hopefully they release an update soon that addresses all of these issues.

Aloha ah42,

What Phantom do you have?  The DJI GO 4.0.0 is not for use by the P4, P3P, P3A, or P3S.  The DJI GO 4.0.0 is only for the P4 Pro and P4 Pro + (plus).

That may be causing your problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans477052f4 Posted at 2016-12-8 16:34
Well help some still spotty.  Has to be the update

Aloha fans477,

Have you gone into the HD settings to use the Custom option?  There is a lot of information there!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68353 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-9 06:23
Aloha ah42,

What Phantom do you have?  The DJI GO 4.0.0 is not for use by the P4, P3P, P3A, or P3S.  The DJI GO 4.0.0 is only for the P4 Pro and P4 Pro + (plus).

I'm using it with the P4 Pro. But I have figured out that my issues are due to my version of android. I'm running 7.0 Nougat, and everybody else on this version or 7.1 seems to be having similar issues. If you're running anything between Kitkat 4.4 and Marshmallow 6.0 you should be fine.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans477052f4
New

United States

P3P and running 3.1.0
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ah42 Posted at 2016-12-9 05:30
I'm using it with the P4 Pro. But I have figured out that my issues are due to my version of android. I'm running 7.0 Nougat, and everybody else on this version or 7.1 seems to be having similar issues. If you're running anything between Kitkat 4.4 and Marshmallow 6.0 you should be fine.

Aloha ah42,

You had me worried there for a minute!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules