Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3s S2 use ?
3138 12 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caribou
lvl.2

France

Hello,

Could someone tell me the use of the S2 switch ?
It is not clear for me
Could it be possible to use it for changing different flights mode in P-mode ?

Thanks
2016-12-8
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

S2 switch is used for switching between three flight modes
P-GPS mode
A-ATTI mode (altitude mode) which only holds the height of the drone but wind can push it away
There's no GPS in this mode and it's usually used for places without GPS or places with a very low GPS count
F-Multiple flight mode is used for flight modes like Follow me, POI (Point Of Interest), Waypoint mode etc.EDIT: I've just realised OP asked about Phantom 3 Standard
I wrote about Advanced and Professional Remote
2016-12-8
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

The only thing that I know it does is to go home. You flip it back and forth a couple times (I think once works too) it will come back. The individual positions does nothing AFAIK. It would be nice if they did something like up, stop recording. Middle, take a snapshot. Bottom, start a video recording. Of course, have a delay for 500msec or so in case the pilot is just flipping the switch back and forth to go home.

EDIT: Oh I am talking about just the Standard version.
2016-12-8
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-12-8 02:43
S2 switch is used for switching between three flight modes
P-GPS mode
A-ATTI mode (altitude mode) which only holds the height of the drone but wind can push it away

On mine, the S1 switch does this.
2016-12-8
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-8 09:52
On mine, the S1 switch does this.

{:4_177:}
I've just realised OP asked about P3S remote
I've written about the P3A and P3P
My bad
2016-12-8
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-8 09:49
The only thing that I know it does is to go home. You flip it back and forth a couple times (I think once works too) it will come back. The individual positions does nothing AFAIK. It would be nice if they did something like up, stop recording. Middle, take a snapshot. Bottom, start a video recording. Of course, have a delay for 500msec or so in case the pilot is just flipping the switch back and forth to go home.

EDIT: Oh I am talking about just the Standard version.

What a pity !
We have a switch that is not useful !
Please Mr DJI could you modify that in the the next update ?

2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Caribou, here is the screenshot for your reference. S1,S2 switch.png
For more details, please refer to the manual.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

2016-12-8
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-8 10:54
Hello Caribou, here is the screenshot for your reference.[view_image]
For more details, please refer to the manual.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/en/Phantom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

Thanks Mindy, but we knew that !
So you confirm that S2 switch has no particular use, outside of the exceptional handling of RTH, which fortunately remains exceptional !
It would be nice if it did something like up, stop recording. Middle, take a snapshot. Bottom, start a video recording or why not, change flights mode when S1 switch on Position 3 F-mode.
Please Mindy, could you ask Mr DJI to ameliorate this in the next update !
Best regards
2016-12-8
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

So Mindy, two questions regarding the P3S:

1. is Failsafe mode equivalent to RTH? if not what is the distinction?

2. Will toggling the S1 switch disable RTH?

ok, that was 3 questions!
2016-12-8
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Caribou Posted at 2016-12-8 05:37
Thanks Mindy, but we knew that !
So you confirm that S2 switch has no particular use, outside of the exceptional handling of RTH, which fortunately remains exceptional !
It would be nice if it did something like up, stop recording. Middle, take a snapshot. Bottom, start a video recording or why not, change flights mode when S1 switch on Position 3 F-mode.

OMG It does three different things. Resets the wifi password, links the RC to the AC and it's a way to start a RTH function. Is this "no particular use" as you put it ?? I think not. There is no need for DJI to update this in my view. Most pilots record their whole flight, not start and stop the recording. And if you wanted to, it's right on your devices screen, as is the photo snapshot button.
2016-12-8
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-9 05:30
OMG It does three different things. Resets the wifi password, links the RC to the AC and it's a way to start a RTH function. Is this "no particular use" as you put it ?? I think not. There is no need for DJI to update this in my view. Most pilots record their whole flight, not start and stop the recording. And if you wanted to, it's right on your devices screen, as is the photo snapshot button.

Perhaps you are right, but I am convinced that a progammable button (S2 Position 2 or 3) should be useful instead the P3A or P3P !
2016-12-9
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Caribou Posted at 2016-12-9 05:25
Perhaps you are right, but I am convinced that a progammable button (S2 Position 2 or 3) should be useful instead the P3A or P3P !

If your point is that they (DJI) could program these switches in some fashion for other things, your right. But they (the corporations) have to dumb down their lower level products otherwise people won't spend the extra money on the more expense ones. It's not done by accident.
2016-12-9
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-9 20:42
If your point is that they (DJI) could program these switches in some fashion for other things, your right. But they (the corporations) have to dumb down their lower level products otherwise people won't spend the extra money on the more expense ones. It's not done by accident.

You are totally right !
That makes me sad, to see S2 unuseful {:4_157:}
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules