Props and landing gear
1677 6 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jgutka
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys,
I just got a phantom 2 vision +. I've been looking for accessories online and came across a triple blade carbon fiber constructed prop. I am wondering if anyone has used these and if they are beneficial in anyway? Seems as if the unit may be quicker with these but perhaps use more battery.

Also I have stock landing gear and was wondering if there is something else I can use here. The stock gear is flimsy. I'm looking for strong and lightweight.

AAny help to a noob would be appreciated. Also any must have accessories. Thanks!
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Standard DJI props give the best balance between lift and flight time. The V+ is designed to be a flying camera so stability over speed wins the day.
Surprisingly the standard landing gear does the job as well, again its all a compromise between strength and lightness, having some flex in the gear is a good thing.
Just my thoughts, but I would keep it standard.
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 13:45
Standard DJI props give the best balance between lift and flight time. The V+ is designed to be a fl ...

Agree with John on the Props they are precision props and work very well. If you go with Carbon fiber chances are you will buy many.

I have swapped out my landing gear with a taller and wider landing gear. So far it's working well, but yet to be determined id it can handle a rough landing.

Extra Batteries in my mind are a must. Right now I only have three. But soon I want at least 2 more.
If your out flying a lot, Larger SD cards 32meg Class 10. You never want to run out of storage.
Remove before flight tag for the gimbal. You would be suprised on how many people fire up their phantoms and forget to remove the lock.
Thus it damages the gimble when turning on the phantom with the lock in place.
Water proof case is always good to protect your phantom from the elements.
Extra Props is a good idea.

SEE OTHER POST

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =737&extra=page%3D1

2014-10-4
Use props
Jgutka
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks guys! Yes I wasn't sure of the props so I'm glad I asked. Should I be putting the camera lock back in after each use? I've been putting the camera lens cover back in but not the mount. I really can't see a point to locking it each time.

And yes I found that other post now. Thanks!
2014-10-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Jgutka@hotmail. Posted at 2014-10-4 23:11
Thanks guys! Yes I wasn't sure of the props so I'm glad I asked. Should I be putting the camera lock ...

Really you should be putting it on when transporting. Be very careful around the ribbon cables. Break them and you will have an issue.
2014-10-4
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, stock props have worked best for me. I have tried some Carbon Fiber Self Tightening Props and was not happy at all. In my opinion, even expensive, expertly balanced CF Props would not give a great enough performance boost to be worth it for me.

Gimble Clamp is a must when not in flight in my opinion. The ribbon cable and gimble are so delicate I would not risk not having the clamp on whenever possible.
2014-10-4
Use props
Jgutka
lvl.1

Canada

K thanks! Do you know anything about the triple parallel charger for charging up to three batteries? I would like to charge more than one battery at a time and this seems as a great alternative. I'm just looking at the eBay one for 5 bucks.
2014-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules