White Rock Beach, British Columbia
1299 9 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
Canada

Shot with a Phantom 3 Pro in 4k. LOG profile and rendered/graded in FCPX. Music from soundimage.orgThis was my longest flight out at 1.2 kilometers

2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was awesome. Thanks for the memories. Watching your video, made me realize how very much I still miss living in Vancouver B.C.  It's pretty difficult to beat having the ocean and mountains right there at your disposal.
I often think about how awesome it would be, to launch my drone from the top of Grouse Mountain. Viewing Capilano resovoir and the suspension bridge, the greater Vancouver area, Stanley Park, the wonderful ocean side and much more.
Of course the clothing optional Wreck Beach near UBC, would have been a wonderful destination as well. ;-)
Yes, so much to remember, while I sit here in cold Alberta, and reminisce.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-9 11:44
That was awesome. Thanks for the memories. Watching your video, made me realize how very much I still miss living in Vancouver B.C.  It's pretty difficult to beat having the ocean and mountains right there at your disposal.
I often think about how awesome it would be, to launch my drone from the top of Grouse Mountain. Viewing Capilano resovoir and the suspension bridge, the greater Vancouver area, Stanley Park, the wonderful ocean side and much more.
Of course the clothing optional Wreck Beach near UBC, would have been a wonderful destination as well. ;-)

Oh man I'm so sorry for you to be there!! I have a lot of family in Alberta and it's not somewhere I want to be in the winter... dry skin, nostrils freezing together when you inhale, love the sunshine though. I was actually going to do more in the city but it just seems to rain here!
2016-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

flowbie Posted at 2016-12-9 01:56
Oh man I'm so sorry for you to be there!! I have a lot of family in Alberta and it's not somewhere I want to be in the winter... dry skin, nostrils freezing together when you inhale, love the sunshine though. I was actually going to do more in the city but it just seems to rain here!

Yes, the recent cold spell has been a real bummer, but for some unknown reason,  I must have preferred it over all the rain... The damp cold at night wasn't much fun either. I never knew how cold it became there once the sun sets, in the evening. One thing that I do enjoy here are the four seasons, as strange as that may seem. You guys have only two. Summer and rain. Once fall arrives, the rain never seemed to stop, it would fall for days and days, never letting up. That completely spoiled my mountain bike riding. And was not to my enjoyment... But now, having the Phantom 3 Pro drone, can certainly appreciate all the sights that I would have cherished out there. My how times have changed.

I'm still saddened by the late great loss of both whales at the Vancouver Aquarium. That must have been devastating for everyone involved at the facility, but the local Van. residents as well. One area that would be awesome to fly over would be the amazing flower gardens on top of the hill, if I remember them being near the planetarium. Might be mistaken though. Looking forward to more video from you, so post them up. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-9
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Canada

Rain does suck but you can't let it stop you or you wouldn't do anything! I still mountain bike in the rain as there aren't any other options. I'd love to be able to use the Phantom to record some runs on Seymour or Fromme but as you know the trees are just too tight. You have it good for recording mountain biking in Alberta with vast open foothills to get great framing for video and photos. I guess every place has their advantages and disadvantages.
Yes it was very sad like the penguins that died in Calgary. I love the zoo aquarium but it's not right to keep the larger mammals and sea life in those small pens. I'll certainly video more of Vancouver. I've only had a handful of flights so far but I'm loving the capabilities and possibilities of aerial photography.
2016-12-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

How can you ride, in that drizzle, are you wearing a Gortex rain suit while out on the road? I would probably have gotten use to it over time, but it seemed like a mess to me.
Getting splashed by passing vehicles was another problem that I frequently suffered. Road rage didn't exist back then. Haha
I lived on Kinsway just off of Knight St., on Dumphries. I could ankle and spin all the way out to Surrey in about an hour or less. So I was in excellent shape.
More recently, I traded my Nishiki Bushwacker mountain bike thrills for a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster. So even on warmer days of winter here, I will 'rYde'.
Sure it can be cold, but I get to my destination much faster, so it's doable... ;-)

The scenery and incredible geography in Vancouver was always a pleasantry for my senses. It was something that always impressed me, & I'm still missing it a lot.
I used to love sitting at the sea wall north of Stanley Park, and listen to the natural rythmic music of the ocean waves, that was always an amazing, peaceful time. So soothing to the soul.
The large birds were also fun to watch, aside from all the goose droppings, I loved most of those fine feathered creatures, and their activity, beach side. The large tankers ships anchored and still, were interesting too.
you have so very much to appreciate, if you take any if it for granted, think again. Haha

Yes, the recent death of them 7 penguins drowning  in the Calgary Zoo was a great loss, and I hope that a reason and fix can be discovered.
But if you do a web search, there have been so very many zoo and game preserve animals lost, for numerous reasons. So it makes sense that they shouldn't be in such cramped confinement, but running, swimming or flying free.
I donated my large Regal Pythons to our own Storyland Valley Zoo, and sometimes think, it might have been better off, to sell or give them away to loving reptile enthusiasts, but what's done is done.
By the way, this:
There's a reason Queen Elizabeth Park is one of the most frequented spots for wedding pictures in Vancouver: it's flat-out stunning. With its gorgeously-landscaped quarry gardens, fabulous scenic vistas and 1,500-tree arboretum, the park is a world-class public space and one of the most beautiful places in the city.
Perched atop Vancouver's highest point and covering 130 acres (52.78 hectares), Queen Elizabeth Park is second only to Stanley Park in popularity and annual visitors.
ok, well enough chat and thoughts. I hope you are planning your next flights, and can get a break in the weather to get out and fly your drone some time soon. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Such fantastic scenery! Thank you for sharing.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-10 13:50
Such fantastic scenery! Thank you for sharing.

DJI-Jamie, if you have never been to Visit the West Coast of British Columbia Canada, please put it in your bucket wish list of destinations to travel. It truly is spectacular and well worth the effort to sight see. The videos we view such as this are defineatly awesome, but seeing these landscapes first hand, is truly a hot spot of loveliness. ;-)
So, please if you get the opportunity to do, go...

RedHotPoker

2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-11 05:09
DJI-Jamie, if you have never been to Visit the West Coast of British Columbia Canada, please put it in your bucket wish list of destinations to travel. It truly is spectacular and well worth the effort to sight see. The videos we view such as this are defineatly awesome, but seeing these landscapes first hand, is truly a hot spot of loveliness. ;-)
So, please if you get the opportunity to do, go...

It will be on the list for sure.
2016-12-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I used to live there and still miss the beauty.
Be sure to take the tram lift, up to the top of Grouse Mountan. The view is amazing. ;-)
image.png

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules