Thoughts on Etiqutte and Common Courtesty
731 11 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FnHagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

As drone are becoming more and more popular it's important to understand everyone's misunderstandings. More laws are being passed. More places are banning drones. I try to be an ambassator to poeple who don't know much about drones... other than the negative stuff they see on the news.
Funny thing is I found out that changing perceptions starts with.... me.... the pilot.

2016-12-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I tried but after 15 seconds I had an overwhelming sense of 'I don't give a ****' - just another youtube face ranting at me. If you have a written transcript I would probably read / scan it for useful info.

Ironically I find this type of video lacking in etiquette and courtesy, common or not.

2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I already watched the video yesterday on your youtube channel.
It was interesting and yes, I have had encounters from concerned or paranoid public. Easily enough to calm the folks with explanation, share the video to show there are no spying or intrusion to privacy going on, and all that good stuff...

But with all due respect, please accept my concerned thoughts, particularly, if you want some constructive criticism: thee one thing that bothered me, about this production is basic.
Dude, you're operating a motor vehicle and being distracted by the camera and your intelligent reflective thoughts.
In my honest opinion, unless the time was spent, with you driving down a vacant country road, you are endangering the public and yourself with the ongoing personal distraction.

The content is fine, and I agree with several of your well thought out points. But driving while conducting this presentation is only a bad habit activity.
Seriously, this is not much different that chatting on the cell, or texting while on the move. Please be more considerate of others in the future.
Pull over and record your video, or wait until you are in the comfort of your kitchen or lovely living space.
Heck stand in the backyard by a big tree and share your vision, instead of taking the chance of running into one. ;-)

Your videos are decently produced and you have a nice personality, and great clear voice for these kind of helpful videos, just play safe while doing them.

Thanks and please have a nice day. End of my rant. Hope you understand the friendly sentiment, not meant to be unkind.

I share your views, just dislike the location. Ok?

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
FnHagan02
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-9 04:22
I already watched the video yesterday on your youtube channel.
It was interesting and yes, I have had encounters from concerned or paranoid public. Easily enough to calm the folks with explanation, share the video to show there are no spying or intrusion to privacy going on, and all that good stuff...

I really appreciate the feedback and take it all to heart. Sincerely... all of it. Thanks - any and everyone - for taking the time and patience to reply with a critique. Helps me understand what's informative and helpful vs... not.
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FnHagan02 Posted at 2016-12-8 13:31
I really appreciate the feedback and take it all to heart. All of it. Thanks (any and everyone) for taking the time and patience to reply with a critique.

Well, I hope that you do, and don't in the future. Haha

What were you thinking, besides the video content?

Just know that sort of mental distraction is no different than eating while driving or after having a few beverages/drinks.

I don't mean to be mean. Not wanting to seem harsh or unfriendly.
Only wishing for you to be considerate, which was the intent of the video anyway. Wicked grin

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

So you removed the video? Ok. Not sure why, but if it was over my comments, you certainly didn't need to do that on my account. I was only sharing my thoughts and wouldn't wish those to deter or distract your intent. ;-)

Perhaps you will replace this with a more appropriate version, only without the vehicular distraction. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

where is said video?
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Try the second video here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/FrederickHagan
Interesting thoughts.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
Frederick Hagan
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-8 16:49
Try the second video here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/FrederickHagan
Interesting thoughts.

Thanks for posting the link. Sorry about deleting the vid. (Don't think I can delete an entire post). I want to create useful, entertaining and informative material. I judge things by the standards of the most "normal" person I know... me. LOL. That's a double edged sword sometimes so I always listen to what other have to say. Good and especially critical. If a post gets two not so welcoming critiques in the first two posts... that tells me something.
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Frederick Hagan Posted at 2016-12-8 15:07
Thanks for posting the link. Sorry about deleting the vid. (Don't think I can delete an entire post). I want to create useful, entertaining and informative material. I judge things by the standards of the most "normal" person I know... me. LOL. That's a double edged sword sometimes so I always listen to what other have to say. Good and especially critical. If a post gets two not so welcoming critiques in the first two posts... that tells me something.

My comments weren't to negate your fine thoughts, but only the way it was presented. Please redo it, but without the danger involved for your safety and others around you. You have a great demeanour, so don't stop making those videos, which can certainly be helpful to folks who need to be smartly enlightened.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-8
Use props
Frederick Hagan
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-8 17:21
My comments weren't to negate your fine thoughts, but only the way it was presented. Please redo it, but without the danger involved for your safety and others around you. You have a great demeanour, so don't stop making those videos, which can certainly be helpful to folks who need to be smartly enlightened.

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the feedback.
2016-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You got it. Please record another video with similar sentiments. Those are good lessons for the new drone pilots. Particularly at this time of year, where there will be many gifted drones being unwrapped for Christmas. And them pilots need to be properly schooled. Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules