Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight sim
3344 10 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Is it possible to use the flight simulation before i get my mavic with a bluetooth gamepad.... Or do i need the mavic before i can use the sim ? Thanks in advance
2016-12-8
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunately,  you would need to connect the flight simulation to your Mavic to activate that mode.
2016-12-8
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If you want to learn to fly with a simulator then try this one http://thedroneracingleague.com/simulator/ it's free and ok it's a racing quad sim but it will teach you the basics and you can use a PS4 and Xbox controller as well as a rc tx.
2016-12-8
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Thanks for replying... Looks like ill try the racing quad sim
2016-12-8
Use props
JDBull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917054 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPV Freerider is another computer sim you can use an XBOX controller on as well.  There is a free demo with one map or the full version costs $4.99, I found it very helpful but and doesn't require a lot of computing and graphics power to run.  Here is the link: https://fpv-freerider.itch.io/
2016-12-8
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JDBull Posted at 2016-12-9 15:11
FPV Freerider is another computer sim you can use an XBOX controller on as well.  There is a free demo with one map or the full version costs $4.99, I found it very helpful but and doesn't require a lot of computing and graphics power to run.  Here is the link: https://fpv-freerider.itch.io/

FPV freerider is nothing like the DJI range.
It took me 6 days to get through 1 gate.. lol. This is due to flying positioned assisted quads for the last 4yrs.

Also, if you decide to use the mavic simulator, get a fan and help cool it down. The mavic needs to be on for the DJI simulator to work.
2016-12-8
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

There are many free sims in the app stores that are pretty decent. Just search for free ones and try them out. My favorite PC sim is Phoenix-Sim, it's a great sim, but it only works on PCs and not Macs. I've had Phoenix since the first release in 2004ish and have never paid for an upgrade, they are on version 5.5 now I believe.
2016-12-8
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-9 00:23
FPV freerider is nothing like the DJI range.
It took me 6 days to get through 1 gate.. lol. This is due to flying positioned assisted quads for the last 4yrs.

Yes, FPVFreerider is definitely tough! Just make sure you change to Low Rates and Throttle at Center position in the settings and it's not that bad. It's all FPV based though, so you won't get any LOS training out of it.
2016-12-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

I like using  Qaudcopter FX on my iPad. $8 in Australian appstore  so probably only $5 in US. Does all the views so is excellent for LOS training. Heaps harder to fly that the Mavic so if you can work out how to fly it you will be well prepared  when your Mavic arives..
2016-12-8
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222867 ft
Germany

I used a toy quad and Quadcopter FX pro (on Android with a bluetooth controller). You can do FPV and LOS with it - it even supports google cardboard VR.

I found flying the toy quad best for preparation.
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I found no matter what simulator you use, it doesn't compare to actually flying a drone. So I purchased a cheapo Hubson X4 107C on Amazon for under $40 and have been training with it......It was the best decision I have made. If I can fly this then the Mavic will be a cake walk!
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules