2894 17 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Hi Guys

Just did 2 flights with the Apple store sanctioned Pilot V1.0 App

Happy to report no problems, all perfectly operating and rock solid performance!

Happy Camper

Regards
Maxx

2015-2-11
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the report.  I bought my Inspire to work and plan on a quick flight at lunch.  

2015-2-11
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to my launch as well!
2015-2-11
Use props
MechEng
lvl.1

United States

How did you connect the controller to your apple device?
2015-2-11
Use props
jbienz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

Never mind my quetsion. Let's direct comparisons to this existing thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-2-11
Use props
jan.exploringim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Nice with the official IOS APP, but I still have the same problem/issue with aprox 3-4 min in the flight I miss GPS mode and it switch to ATTI mode and the Inpire start to drift slightly. Again after 30-40 sec it locks on GPS. Hope we get a Firmware update soon.
2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Happy Camper here too!!!

Finally Congrats to DJI for pushing this issue to the forefront and  getting the IOS app back in our hands!! BRAVO!!

Just had a very successful 10 min flight due to funky weather via this IOS app and its flight info conveyed to the pilot over the android app.

Had anyone else who was running the android app notice when in channel auto or custom when you would toggle custom it would not pull up a screen to toggle the channel?? The IOS app lets you choose a channel via a pull down screen my android app failed there and wasn't allowing me to toggle a custom channel.
Wonder what gives there as the new IOS app let me easily choose a channel if not on auto.

Nice they added a warning window in the IOS app to pop up when your in front of the air craft before take off. or was that there already?

ANYONE ELSE USING THE ANDROID APP NOTICE THIS SITUATION OF NOT BEING ABLE TO TOGGLE A CUSTOM CHANNEL?

On that note I bagged the android pilot app and settling with the IOS lots more flyer info at hand which is a big win !

2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Oh anyone else notice the Black box mode on the IOS app??

What is that exactly? are those the flight logs??
2015-2-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-12 04:23
Oh anyone else notice the Black box mode on the IOS app??

What is that exactly? are those the fligh ...

Angus,

I asked  Blade Strike this and he indicated it was to download to computer, unless i read it wrong
2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-12 04:31
Angus,

I asked  Blade Strike this and he indicated it was to download to computer, unless i read  ...

TY for that info   Im impressed with this IOS app the channel select issue with the android app I was having was really weird no way to toggle a custom channel at all the IOS does it with ease if needed...

IM stumped on that one ....
2015-2-11
Use props
chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jan.exploringim Posted at 2015-2-12 03:29
Nice with the official IOS APP, but I still have the same problem/issue with aprox 3-4 min in the fl ...

GPS loss happened to me as well, exactly how you wrote it
2015-2-11
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

Had a great flight this afternoon. I too am happy to report no problems.

PS. Flew in ATTI mode for most of the time.

2015-2-11
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great to hear that!
2015-2-11
Use props
ulrick
lvl.1
United States

I'm able to toggle a video channel on the Android app when in custom mode.  If you touch the channel box, it shows a long vertical list of all the channels you can select from.
2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

ulrick Posted at 2015-2-12 07:18
I'm able to toggle a video channel on the Android app when in custom mode.  If you touch the channel ...

thx .. I will give it a try as nothing last night would toggle the channel change option.
2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Im stumped on this one !! Anyone else have this happening with the anroid app?

Thank god the IOS pilot app is approved and out now!!

OK gave it a shot and there is issues with this android app I can toggle channels with the IOS with ease ..then this happened when I run the android app see pics below...

Pic 1 is a screen with no way to change the channel

Then I reboot the app and I see this eventually after several reboots of the app. All the options that didn't appear a min ago via pic 1....

WTH??

I get none of this with the IOS app I wonder if this app glitch is causing drop out of signal??

From the looks of things it picks a channel in auto near the most unstable channels what's up with that ??

Also when I log in to google maps with out being on the DJi pilot map it celaer states thru my speakers via the pilot app not active  AIRCRAFT ready for take off...

The app isn't open...
Wow ..just wow head exploding on that one.
2015-2-11
Use props
ulrick
lvl.1
United States

The top screen that you have is what I get when the button is set to AUTO.  When I select CUSTOM, I get the bottom image that you have, which allows you to select the channel.  Your top picture definitely shouldn't happen.

I'm wondering if it might be any other apps that you have open in the background that's causing some sort of conflict with DJI pilot?  I always make sure to use my task manager to close all the apps except for DJI before I fly.

I doubt it makes a difference, but I'm using an Nvidia Shield tablet.
2015-2-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

ulrick Posted at 2015-2-12 11:18
The top screen that you have is what I get when the button is set to AUTO.  When I select CUSTOM, I  ...

Thanks for the conformation on this I will dump all apps asap see if that clears things up ..I doubt it as I had seen this happen a few weeks ago.

I thought I was going bonkers.. lol
IOS app toggles channels fine.

Jury is out on this once if I find out what this all is I will post up asap .
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules