Need new pilot tips...
685 6 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex El Caballo
lvl.1

United States

Hey fellas,
Just got my mavic yesterday. During the waiting period I tried to read forums, the manual and other stuff..
After frying the bird bird 6 times in beginner mode I still feel like I am way lost on use of the camera and the other advanced flight settings.
I know there are some basic video tutorials out there by DJI and other private posters.
What can I do to become more proficient with this craft?
To be honest, I am a little hesitant to change settings in DJI GO 4.
Also, I have 2 devices that I use to fly, an Ipad pro and Iphone 6s. Do these apps sync together? Or will I always be having different settings/ flight plans on these different devices.
I appreciate any help to become more proficient with this craft.
Thank you all for your time and help.
2016-12-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Where to start ... It will take time. If i'm honest, i'm still learning too. I dont think i'll ever be a pro with it but the best idea is to stick to auto camera modes and just get used to flying it.
familiarise yourself with the way it flies and how to control the gimbal before trying to figure out the camera settings ...

Learn to fly it line of sight, both flying away from you (keeping the rear of the mavic facing you) then when your happy doing that .. try flying towards you - Tripod mode slows everything down so can help you stay out of trouble but always remember, if you get disorientated, just let go of the sticks ... itll hover for you till you get your barings ... also, a little bit of height is good too, less things to bump into when you're above the trees !

once your happy flying line of sight, move to just looking at the screen and piloting it that way ... this should be easy by now. When your happy with that, think about framing shots or clips ... pick a target, even if its a tree in a field and attempt to circle it (without flight modes)

Its all a learning process, but just take it slowly and plan ahead what you want to achieve, even if its something small and simple. Better planning it first and knowing what you want to shoot.

only then would i say its time to start using the autonomous flight modes, they are great fun and can make very good footage, but you need to know the basics before jumping into activetrack and ending up in trouble.

Have fun
2016-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here's a link some good tips for using camera for stills and video..

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=260008
2016-12-8
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Lots of space is helpful to avoid any potential "panic" crashes especially when the drone is facing you. I practiced flying away from me then back to me a lot then started trying more manoeuvres instead of just stopping turning the drone around and then going forward again. Im starting to get better at higher speed continuous turns now
I don't think the flight settings change from different devices as it sets them in the remote/bird
2016-12-8
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

DaveAus Posted at 2016-12-9 11:04
Lots of space is helpful to avoid any potential "panic" crashes especially when the drone is facing you. I practiced flying away from me then back to me a lot then started trying more manoeuvres instead of just stopping turning the drone around and then going forward again. Im starting to get better at higher speed continuous turns now
I don't think the flight settings change from different devices as it sets them in the remote/bird

Oops i just said bird. Swore i would never refer to it as a bird
2016-12-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Danny-B has the right idea.  First, learn to fly the Mavic line-of-sight.  Next, learn to fly it with both line-of-sight for safety, but also by using the FPV (on-screen video).  Then start thinking about framing shots and what you want to make a movie about.

Plan a flying trip for each mode.  Take off, let it hover while you get it set up and then use it and see what it does and how the drone reacts.  A full battery spent on each intelligent mode will help you understand them better.

In short, it takes time... just take it step-by-step.
2016-12-8
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-8 16:05
Here's a link some good tips for using camera for stills and video..

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=75255&pid=598241&fromuid=260008

I really enjoyed the camera tips from this persons P3 post. You can even download it. Lots of good information for me.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules