2302 4 2015-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233215 ft
Switzerland

To all those out there,

How realistic is the flight simulator compared to real flight?

FYI: I'm still in flight school (self imposed) - have now 10 hours on simulator and 4 hours on my "toy" 180QX... I can do figure 8's both going forwards and backwards...still practicing left & right 8's really difficult...

Flying towards me forward or backward facing is now down.

Obviously I'm itching to get out and fly...more so for the photography but once I receive my 2nd control I'm going to be the pilot and the camera man.

Worth taking along an experienced pilot for the maiden flight?

Thanks upfront for your feedback.

Pedi
2015-2-11
Use props
andi
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi there.

from my own experience anyone can fly the inspire 1 right out of the box! it's a very easy platform to manoeuvre and acts very quickly to information giving by the pilot plus you can see everything from you tablet or smartphone :-)

i even let my dad play with it.. and he haven't been flying with anything remote controlled in his life

But to answer your question, the simulator is a little "solid" (if you can say that) What i mean is that the aircraft in the simulator will not move when hovering as it might drift a little.. but not much in real flight. and the aircraft is more "alive" in real life when you fly back and fourth, braking and accelerating, and you have better visual on your aircraft in real life.. i only use the simulator to learn the features of the inspire 1, for an example the Return To Home feature now allows hight adjustment and speed adjustment, the phantom for an example did not have that.. a nice new feature.

So if you ask me you are good to go on your own, but if you do not feel safe on your own it won't hurt to have some one with experience by your side, might teach you a trick or two.
i will admit i have had more drones than the inspire. and when i took my first drone up for the first time i was very nervous.. but took me maybe 2-5 mins to get a hang of it.

Look for a field or soccer/football field with a lot of room for playing around with it for the first time, you will learn it in at second.

but it does worry me that you will be both pilot and camera man as that needs four hands

VERY IMPORTANT : Remember to check you compass and IMU status before take off! or your new inspire might crash by it self.. but if your on latest firmware it should not take off at all if IMU or compass is not calibrated.. You should always do a check on your own in the app before attempting take off as it might go wrong if values are not correct, if you ask me :-)

im sorry for my english if it is not entirely correct, english is no my primary language..

hope this helps, and i did not scare you even more from flying your new Inspire :-)

Cheers
2015-2-12
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thx...been out flying and have to agree with you totally! In real life the Inspire reacts a lot quicker to inputs...did two flights so far and very happy...My 1st flight was nerve racking but a lot of fun...2nd flight was better but I'm still taking it real slow...

2015-2-14
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

pedi Posted at 2015-2-15 05:44
Thx...been out flying and have to agree with you totally! In real life the Inspire reacts a lot quic ...

Glad to here you enjoyed it ;) have fun flying !

Andi Christiansen
2015-2-14
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Switzerland

some of my recent footage...as you will see, still not taking her very high
2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now