How to Clear Defaults on an Android Device
19483 18 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Phantom 3 series and Inspire 1 series drone can only be used on with the DJI GO app, while the Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic should be used with DJI GO 4.

However, directly switching between DJI Go and DJI Go 4 on Android devices may cause connection errors. If you have both apps installed and need to switch between, please exit the app you using, pull out the USB cable, clear Default App settings in your Android device's Application Manager, then reconnect the USB cable and run the other app.

Please follow the steps below to clear defaults (using a Samsung Galaxy S6 as an example):
1. Enter “Settings” then tap “Applications”
1.png

2. Tap “Application Manager”
2.png

3. Choose DJI GO 4
3.png

4. Tap “Set as default” then “Clear Defaults”
4.png 5.png

2016-12-8
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Natalia:

Thank you for this explanation. It may answer another poster's connection issue as well. I switched apps directly, and thought I was having cable problems. This addresses the conflict.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-8
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-8 23:59
Natalia:

Thank you for this explanation. It may answer another poster's connection issue as well. I switched apps directly, and thought I was having cable problems. This addresses the conflict.

DJI Natalia and Everyone using Android devices with both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 installed, flying Phantom 4 Standard birds:

In extensive testing, I've found an unorthodox procedure for reliable connections (using DJI Go 4):

After clearing the defaults using the procedure outlined above in #1,

1. Start the DJI Go 4 app on your Android Tablet/Phone. Wait until it will displays "Disconnected"

2: Start the RC. Your Android device will display the select app screen. Choose DJI Go 4 and click on "Always." This will set the Android device to always use DJI Go 4 as the default app. You will only need to do this once. The DJI Go 4 app will immediately display "RC Connected." [If it does not, you likely are using an inferior USB cable--I'd been using a shorter one from stock--and it refused to connect.]

3: Start the Phantom 4 Standard aircraft.

There will be displayed, ever so briefly, a screen with both logos for DJI GO 4 and DJI Go apps, with a double arrow pointing from the DJI 4.0 logo towards the DJI Go logo, and below that, a message saying "Current DJI Device: phantom 3 professional. Use the DJI Go APP for this DJI device."

This message is obviously incorrect, DJI Go 4 knows this, and immediately removes it, and connects to your Phantom 4 Standard aircraft.

When shutting down, merely reverse this procedure: AC off, then RC off, then DJI Go 4 app exited.

This method instruction assumes you want to use the DJI Go 4 app as your primary software, but want to keep both DJI GO and DJI Go 4 apps on your Android device. I've done so, for now, but plan to remove the DJI Go app once I'm satisfied with the reliability of the DJI Go 4 app. For now, outside of testing the 2 apps differences, I can fly without problems using the DJI Go 4 app exclusively with my P4 Standard.

I've found that if I start the RC BEFORE starting the DJI Go 4 app (the instructed method), that the DJI Go 4 app will detect the RC and start up, but will remain in the "Disconnected" state, somehow unable to locate the RC that initiated it. Starting the P4 AC will not resolve the connection, since the DJI Go 4 app can't see the RC anyway.

If you ever want to go back and use the DJI Go app, you will need to clear the Android default app selection again (#1 post) before doing so.

I hope this helps those using Android devices with their Phantom 4 Standard ACs and the DJI Go 4 app.

I'm using Samsung SM-T230NU (OS 4.4.2) and SM-T337A (OS 5.1.1) tablets (neither on the preferred/supported list), with both AC and RC on the latest firmware updates, including RC 1.8. No problems (except for the still-missing Waypoints features, but that's for another post).

Keep Smiling,

Augustus

2016-12-14
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-14 15:51
DJI Natalia and Everyone using Android devices with both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 installed, flying Phantom 4 Standard birds:

In extensive testing, I've found an unorthodox procedure for reliable connections (using DJI Go 4):

Nice explanation.
2016-12-14
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just using DGI GO4, when I switch from Phone using power/USB port to Tablet with between clamps USB port, that I do not get a connection until I unplug the USB Plug at the USB/Charge port (even though the phone is already disconnected.  I don't fly with the tablet.  I use it to change settings, simulator, and practice menus.  I will probably try the tablet, after I make a plexaglass mount (fit into the clamps) to hold my Samsung Galaxy S Tablet.,
2017-1-14
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-1-14 13:47
Just using DGI GO4, when I switch from Phone using power/USB port to Tablet with between clamps USB port, that I do not get a connection until I unplug the USB Plug at the USB/Charge port (even though the phone is already disconnected.  I don't fly with the tablet.  I use it to change settings, simulator, and practice menus.  I will probably try the tablet, after I make a plexaglass mount (fit into the clamps) to hold my Samsung Galaxy S Tablet.,

Forgot to mention that the Phone is Galaxy S7 and android 6.0.1.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-1-14 13:48
Forgot to mention that the Phone is Galaxy S7 and android 6.0.1.

Sometimes, it will shows "Disconnect" on the APP screen. We can do some troubleshooting, such as unplugging the USB cable and plugging it again.
2017-1-15
Use props
NewPhantom4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24026 ft
United States

That did it.  Thanks!
2017-3-19
Use props
SPC
New
Flight distance : 111319 ft
United States

I tried this. but when I get to the set the app by default, the CLEAR DEFAULTS is not available , you can't click it, which means the DEFAULTS can't be cleared, I tried it on both apps DJI Go and the DJI Go 4 app, It says not set as default on both of these apps and I don't know what else to do, I did Force stop one of them and then the other would open, then go to the Play Store and click on the app open button and it reactivated the one I FORCE Stoped, That's about all I know to do in this situation, any other help will surely be welcomed . Thanks SteveP55
2017-4-30
Use props
johnrex
New

India

If you've ever installed two different applications that essentially do the same thing (music players, web browsers), you'll likely be presented with a small pop-up menu when trying to play a song or open a web page, asking you which application you'd like to complete the action with. Allowing the user to choose different applications to open certain content shows Android's flexibility, but it also slows you down. Luckily, you can tap "always" and never be bothered when performing that action again.

But what if you change your mind? What if an app update makes you reconsider which Twitter client, for example, you want to use to open Twitter links?

While setting a default application is very simple, clearing default apps is not as straightforward.

Note: I'm going to use home launchers as an example, but the steps are the same for any type of application, from browsers to Twitter clients to image viewers.

Setting default applications

In this example, I'll show you how to set a default application with two different home screen apps, Google Now Launcher and Nova Launcher. Since Google Now Launcher was pre-installed on the phone, it will always default to it when I press home, but after installing Nova Launcher, pressing the home button will present this pop-up menu.
To set Nova Launcher as the default application, simply tap its name, and then tap on Always. You're done! Now, every time you press the home button on your phone or tablet, Nova Launcher will automatically open instead of the menu you see above.

Clearing default applications

So lets say you set Nova Launcher as your default home screen replacement, but want Google Launcher back. Or, you try out a new image gallery, and don't like it, and want to go back to using the stock Gallery app. Any time you want to clear your default choice for an application type, all you have to do is pop into Settings.
Go into Settings and tap on Apps. Swipe left and right to change the list filtering between Downloaded apps, Running apps, or All apps.

Scroll down until you see Nova Launcher and tap on it.
Scroll until you see Clear Defaults button, tap it, and you're done.  Now you'll be given the Select a home app menu again when you press the home button on your phone or tablet.

The procedure is the same for any app that sets itself as the default for performing a particular action, like an app that makes phone calls (such as Skype) making itself the default instead of your regular phone dialer. Just find the app in question in Settings > Apps, select it, and choose Clear Defaults.
Similar Articles:
http://www.greenbot.com/article/ ... ons-in-android.html
https://www.sagipl.com/android-application-development/
http://www.talkandroid.com/guide ... ettings-in-android/

2017-6-2
Use props
fans7f421c5a
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with my Phantom 4, bought in April 2017. It worked fine right out of the box - for a while. Until the App update at the beginning of May.
That's when it stopped working. At first, intermittently, then not at all.
Fortunately for me I have an old Nexus 7 tablet which worked - although the memory is insufficient to refresh the onscreen video so I was restricted to line-of-sight flight.
Happily, the latest update from DJI this week has corrected the problem,
However, I have to go through the CLEAR DEFAULTS procedure every time I connect the RC  to the Samsung tablet. (The S2 is not on the list of DJI supported devices - yet)
A minor niggle which is easily overcome, and only takes a few seconds.
I'm back to flying with confidence
2017-6-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

SPC Posted at 2017-4-30 11:10
I tried this. but when I get to the set the app by default, the CLEAR DEFAULTS is not available , you can't click it, which means the DEFAULTS can't be cleared, I tried it on both apps DJI Go and the DJI Go 4 app, It says not set as default on both of these apps and I don't know what else to do, I did Force stop one of them and then the other would open, then go to the Play Store and click on the app open button and it reactivated the one I FORCE Stoped, That's about all I know to do in this situation, any other help will surely be welcomed . Thanks SteveP55

I'm using an S6 and seeing the same thing "None set as default" under DJI GO 4.1.0.  Can't clear anything as that screen is grayed out.  Never does connect to the P4 as it shows "Disconnected" always.

So how does one enable GO 4.1.0 as a default if it is refused, or it shows "None set as default" in the attached screenshot?

S6 Screenshot

S6 Screenshot
2017-6-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Bump.

Anyone know how to get the Samsung S6 set as default in GO 4 if it is as shown above?  Refuses to connect in S6 and always shows Disconnected.
2017-6-4
Use props
Ghani phantom 4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I am having problem to connect my phantom 4 remote to my mobile device Samsung S8 plus
2018-1-25
Use props
Ghani phantom 4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2018-1-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain