The Mavic is everything I hoped for
878 4 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

Like most of you I suspect, I have spent the last few months while waiting for my Mavic to arrive trawling all the forums and watching all the videos. I had pretty much convinced myself that when i finally got my Mavic there would be so many problems the Mavic was likely to go into a sprial of death, burst into flames on the first flight and fall out of the sky.
I bought from a retailer and they had recently told me my delivery had been pushed back to the end of January 2017, so was really suprised when it turned up a few days ago.

After several days of flying the Mavic i am astonished by this little beast.
Despite everything i had seen and read i wasn't really prepared for just how small this thing really is, it is so compact it just makes my phantom 3 look like an old bus.
It has flown flawlessly, the video and photos are great and the form factor has absolutely nailed it for me, as i need something really portable. I'm sure not getting my Mavic until a few firmware updates had come through helped with my experience.
I flew both the Mavic and my Phantom today and i can honestly say the Phantom is probably never going to come out of its box again and hopefully i can sell it to help pay off the Mavic!
And in sport mode the Mavic is just so much fun to fly!
I'm not a DJI loyalist, just buy whatever brand suits my needs, but well done DJI, despite the delivery delays you have really nailed the portable drone form factor. After playing recently with a Karma before it was recalled, I dont think there is a hope in hell for GoPro to come back from their drone disaster - the Karma is done. I was really hoping the Karma would be better as i use GoPro cameras for all my adventure and underwater photography.
So if you're still waiting for your Mavic, hang in there, its worth it!

2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much for posting your Mavic experience, glad you are enjoying it.
It really is an amazing little drone isn't it.
2016-12-8
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 17:58
Thank you very much for posting your Mavic experience, glad you are enjoying it.
It really is an amazing little drone isn't it.

Hey Ken, great to hear from you. Yep you've been saying for months the Mavic is worth waiting for and you were right! I'm stoked with it, the form factor is a game changer for me and well worth the wait. Cheers.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MuzzDrone Posted at 2016-12-9 13:07
Hey Ken, great to hear from you. Yep you've been saying for months the Mavic is worth waiting for and you were right! I'm stoked with it, the form factor is a game changer for me and well worth the wait. Cheers.

Thanks, it really is amazing that they can fit that much technology into that small or an aircraft.
There really is nothing like it out there, DJI really came through with the Mavic.
2016-12-8
Use props
Spridal
lvl.2
United States

MuzzDrone ,
My Mavic arrived 11/28 and I echo your words. Mine has worked well thus far. Very happy with it.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules