RC Not Connecting
796 6 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

I Just got my Mavic back today from DJI after they repaired a snapped of Gimble mount ($80 and 25 days later)....

I upgraded firmware on the RC and Drone....

Started up the RC... and then powered on the Mavic with great anticipation.... but it s NOT connecting.

I reset the factory default settings (via DJI Assistant)
Tried diifferent startup sequences
Checked the Control switch on the Drone (it is set to RC)

still no cponnection....

Andyone experieneced this or have any odeas what else I could try...???

Not very keen to send it back to DJI support and wait another month.... GRRRR

2016-12-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

You could try reading p36 of the manual. Chances are that will fix it.
2016-12-8
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks Logger... will check it out... fingers crossed
2016-12-8
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

That looks promising... I was wondering if it was something like that.... but expected the repair team would let me know if I had to relink it....I will try it now and report
2016-12-8
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks Logger... you are a life saver... I had just spent 1/2 hr online with DJI support and they were telling me I would need to send it back for analysis....

The steps didn't quite follow the instructions on P36 of the manual (and I am not sure if DGI Go4 can be used for this ... I ended up using the earlier version).... I did get a "firmware incompatibility" error... which is odd because I had just upgraded both the drone and the RC to the latest version...  

I didn't notice any blue flashing indicators... but the drone seemed to go into some diagnostic mode (with a solid red light) and I couldn't do anything but wait (it wouldn't power off)... eventually (several minutes) it reverted to normal state and I was able to connect again with the RC

I assume that when they repaired and tested the drone they used a different controller (they asked me NOT to send my controller)... which caused mine to be unlinked....

Would have been nice if they had mentioned this... and even better if the support line actually knew how to fix it.

Thanks again for your help
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

WebCo Posted at 2016-12-9 15:44
Thanks Logger... you are a life saver... I had just spent 1/2 hr online with DJI support and they were telling me I would need to send it back for analysis....

The steps didn't quite follow the instructions on P39 of the manual (and I am not sure if DGI Go4 can be used for this ... I ended up using the earlier version).... I did get a "firmware incompatibility" error... which is odd because I had just upgraded bit the drone and the RC to the latest version...  

Glad to hear you get it sorted out, WebCo.
It's correct that we need re-link the remote and aircraft after repairing the aircraft.
And both DJI GO 4 and previous APP support Mavic, while if you install both APPs in your android phone, hope this instruction helps:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html
2016-12-9
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks Natalia... yes... got it sorted and just back form my first set of flights... very happy

Might be an idea to refresh Support on this one... and would be good if Repair advised that a re-link would be needed...
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules