Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Apple Store walk in, anyone got lucky ?
1038 10 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vivian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
India

Found on facebook groups that, many guys simply just walked into the apple stores in USA and got their mavic box instantly, without any kind of pre-order.

has anyone here got the same way ?

I will be in the USA in the last week of Dec, and Im thinking to visit every apple store in LA city and ask around for it.

Lets see, if any of them have it or not.
2016-12-9
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

Yep, how I got my current one.
2016-12-9
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Use the store availability checker and not only does it save you from driving from store-to-store, but if they do have stock you lock it in right away vs. racing there and hoping that somebody hasn't bought it in the meantime.
2016-12-9
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-9 22:12
Use the store availability checker and not only does it save you from driving from store-to-store, but if they do have stock you lock it in right away vs. racing there and hoping that somebody hasn't bought it in the meantime.

Ive heard that, it may not show on the store availability if its a recent shipment thats sitting in the back.
2016-12-9
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I've certainly seen them have issues digging stuff out that was sitting in inventory.  I personally haven't found a difference between when stock hits the online tracker vs. when it hits the salesperson's tracker but it's possible.  Snagged a spare battery and two sets of props this way.
2016-12-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Not on walk-in, but I ordered 2 weeks ago and received 2 days ago. I also have notification that my spare batteries have shipped!  Ignore the Jan date, Apple is getting stock.

Gary
2016-12-9
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried walking in my local Apple store to check if they had spare batteries. Guy gave me hell and refused to check the back.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-9 09:23
I tried walking in my local Apple store to check if they had spare batteries. Guy gave me hell and refused to check the back.

I checked store availability on the west side of the states and they are stating February 7th everywhere. Will have to go to the stores and see if you get lucky.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans89349508
lvl.1

United States

I personally walked into several stores this week and none of the apple employees did more than to check the computer for inventory.
2016-12-9
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

fans89349508 Posted at 2016-12-9 13:40
I personally walked into several stores this week and none of the apple employees did more than to check the computer for inventory.

You want them to check inventory? Give them $5 to go check out back, and tell them you'll give them $20 if they come back with one. For the potential of getting $25 they'll check.
2016-12-9
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30344 ft
United States

I was able to pick up two in two different Apple stores about three weeks ago. And when I called the different stores in my state many of them had had a few that they had just sold. So it's entirely possible to find on in an Apple store, you just need to call around. Batteries also seem to be easily available in Apple stores right now, as well. I was able to get three at an Apple store, two showed up as available for pick up online and when I went to pick them up they had one on the shelf. The Apple site is currently showing batteries available at several stores in my state....I'm in Florida for reference.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules