2899 19 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

after updating mavic to latest firmware it no longer works with old DJI go 3.1 app iOS it only works on the new DJI go 4.0. Anyone else experiencing this????
2016-12-9
Use props
Tatsumaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 461506 ft
United Kingdom

Is there a reason you would use an old DJI App with a new Drone?

Thanks!
2016-12-9
Use props
Vuron00
lvl.1

United States

I've seen reports of the new version having issues with specific phones.

I have a Galaxy S7 (non edge) and was worried that the app wouldn't work for me.  I was surprised when I didn't have any issues.  I haven't upgraded my firmware to the latest and might hold off doing it if we're forced to use the new app.

It seems more than ridiculous that a $1k Mavic can be rendered useless by a free app that's having tons of issues on various phones.
2016-12-9
Use props
fansea1e504f
lvl.2

United States

Tatsumaru Posted at 2016-12-9 22:06

Thanks!

I'm using the old app as well, I'm waiting for the new app issues to be resolved.  and the old one works perfectly for me.
2016-12-9
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

Vuron00 Posted at 2016-12-9 15:32

I have a Galaxy S7 (non edge) and was worried that the app wouldn't work for me.  I was surprised when I didn't have any issues.  I haven't upgraded my firmware to the latest and might hold off doing it if we're forced to use the new app.

How could the app render the mavic useless? In the worst case you just unplug the usb cable and use the RC alone to bring back the drone.

I use the new app with my S7 edge and the only problem I have is that the POI mode doesn't seem to work. Multiple flight now without a single problem. With the old app I did like 3 flight and had 1 disconnect (drone still in LoS) so for me the new app works better.
2016-12-9
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

If anyone feels the need to stay on Go 3.x, then simply downgrade your firmware. If you need the new firmware, then upgrade to Go 4. You can also use the new firmware with Litchi. Or, you could fly the drone sans-phone with the controller only.

So, I see FOUR options above, none of which render the Mavic "useless".
2016-12-9
Use props
Vuron00
lvl.1

United States

GeForceFX-be Posted at 2016-12-9 23:11
How could the app render the mavic useless? In the worst case you just unplug the usb cable and use the RC alone to bring back the drone.

I use the new app with my S7 edge and the only problem I have is that the POI mode doesn't seem to work. Multiple flight now without a single problem. With the old app I did like 3 flight and had 1 disconnect (drone still in LoS) so for me the new app works better.

It's "almost" useless for the people that can't use the app, at all.  People are having more issues than the app crashing during flight.  Some people can't even get it to load, so you can't even make changes to default settings.

Luckily, I haven't had any issues, but that's also why I'm a little hesitant to upgrade.
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-9 10:21
If anyone feels the need to stay on Go 3.x, then simply downgrade your firmware. If you need the new firmware, then upgrade to Go 4. You can also use the new firmware with Litchi. Or, you could fly the drone sans-phone with the controller only.

So, I see FOUR options above, none of which render the Mavic "useless".

So Litchi still works? I was wondering what would happen when DJI stops supporting the Mavic on the regular GO app if it would stop working on Litchi.
2016-12-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tatsumaru Posted at 2016-12-9 09:06

Thanks!

Just curious. I was wondering if that was supposed to be like that or if it were just happening to me?
2016-12-9
Use props
SEWERMAN
New

United States

yes it happened to me also with my ipad but i upgraded to the new iphoe 7S Plus ' works fine now and cheaper than a new ipad
2016-12-9
Use props
Mr. Mongo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United States

Always something for folks to bitch about.  Just upgrade as required, there's no crying in droneworld.
2016-12-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

Vuron00 Posted at 2016-12-9 09:26
It's "almost" useless for the people that can't use the app, at all.  People are having more issues than the app crashing during flight.  Some people can't even get it to load, so you can't even make changes to default settings.

Luckily, I haven't had any issues, but that's also why I'm a little hesitant to upgrade.

I am using the "Old" app, as i have  iphone 5, so new app its not supported for me.

Mavic PRO, Flys like a charm, no issues
2016-12-9
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

Im using the old app as well, no issue at all. The reviews and the comments about dji go 4 are not good enough for me to use it.
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have both apps installed on Android and have updated to the latest firmware, they both work for me. I've been switching back and forth since I can still use the Art setting on the old GO app, was trying to see if any of the new video settings matched it but none do. I came close messing with other settings.
2016-12-9
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Vuron00 Posted at 2016-12-9 22:32

Its ridiculous that people complain about an app not working perfectly on UNSUPPORTED DEVICES ... why on earth would you expect anything different ?

"wtf dji this junk app isn't working on my iPhone (1st generation)"
2016-12-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-9 16:46
Its ridiculous that people complain about an app not working perfectly on UNSUPPORTED DEVICES ... why on earth would you expect anything different ?

I don't see anyone in this thread complaining about it not working on their outdated device. Only one person said the new version doesn't work on their phone and they weren't complaining about it. I'm not sure who you're referring to with that remark.
2016-12-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-9 16:46

Wtf are you taking about?
2016-12-9
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a new LG V20 phone and the go 4 app worked good on the first battery on my mavic but the second battery the app crashed. It quickly restarted and reconnected and i kept flying. I just updated the new firmware and will fly again tomorrow.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please describe the issue in detail? Since both of the DJI GO v3.1.1 and DJI GO 4 will work.
2016-12-16
Use props
XlIGgsVgVnJg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133314 ft
United Kingdom

My new Mavic will not even start up the motors with the latest firmware. If I roll back it works but loses camera signal when higher than 3 foot off the ground. Ive sent all the details to DJI support on Wednesday and am still waiting for any progress.
Error messages are "Main controller data error" "Data recorder error" and "Data logger error" Ive updated and rolled back the firmware several times using DJI Assistant 2 and each time exactly the same. Ive asked for money back or immediate replacement. Waited 9 weeks for delivery and this is very disappointing.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules