Quick questions regarding P4 Firmware Upgrade
519 6 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3b6b2cc2
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone....I am new to both this forum and also as a phantom 4 pilot. I look forward to hopefully helping out newbies in the future as well.
When updating my remote control's firmware, or even checking to see if it has a new update, do I also need to have the P4 turned on as well as the RC?  The RC is connected to my ipad air2 using the DJI Go4 App? Without the P4 turned on, I am getting a "Forward Vision Sensor Error" and it says "DJI Assistant  Calibration Vision System is required". Is this because the P4 is not turned on during the attempted firmware check on the RC?

One other question:  When I use the Assistant app on my macbook, it shows that my P4 needs four Firmware updates. Do I need to download every one, or just the latest one? I bought the P4 used from someone who only flew it once, way back in April so it needs many updates.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.
2016-12-9
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

for the P4, I would not use the dji go 4 app yet. go to apple or dji site and download the dji go app (not the 4 app), if you don't already have it, and use that one for now. then watch some of the firmware videos on "how to"
personally with my P4, I wou;ld connect the aircraft to your ipad  and do a firmware on the aircraft FIRST. this is important to do the aircraft first and with the controller off. then power off and on the aircraft, then shut it down again. then power up the controller and do the fiwmware for it as well, then power off and on. they then should be good to go.
2016-12-9
Use props
TyCon
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply. I did the firmware download last night on the P4, so I was trying to do the firmware check and possible update on the RC this morning. I thought the reason I was getting the Forward Vision Sensor Parameter Warning was because I didn't have the P4 powered on?

Is the dji Go 4 App buggy or a problem?  Everything appeared to be fine when I connected the P4 last night,  and I was able to see the camera work and no warnings or alerts. I have yet to fly this yet.....waiting till I learn as much as possible. The dji go app I saw on iTunes didn't mention that the Phantom 4 was included in the app?

Thanks again Grizz
2016-12-9
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

some of the guys that have the pro model have reported the imu and compass error, but dji thinks it may be a software/firmware problem, but I have the dji go 4 app and it does ok on my p4 with no problems.
2016-12-9
Use props
TyCon
lvl.1

United States

well I will see how it works for me with the dji Go 4 app. I have the P4 and not the Pf Pro.

Thanks again!
2016-12-9
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

ok !  happy flying !
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Both dji go app and dji go 4 app support Phantom 4.
Glad to hear everything is working fine, please enable beginner mode for the first few flights, and you could also run the simulator on the APP with aircraft connected.
Enjoy your flight!
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules