Firmware update erased features
1279 9 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clecla
lvl.1

United States

My apologies if this is burried in another thread.   Received Mavic and did firmware upgrades.  The firmware that was released in December seems to have erased some of the color options with video and camera.  More specifically, I know a lot of Mavic pilots used ART in color mode, but it appears to be gone now.  Anyone else having this issue?   I reported to DJI, but looking for a fix.  Should I downgrade firmware?

2016-12-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Clecla,

The Art profile has been removed. No one knows why or if it will be added again. Haven't been able to fly here because of the weather so I don't have any idea what profile to use now.

Jerry
2016-12-9
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

This is usual practice for DJI whenever there is a change in firmware.

They add something but remove other things but never inform anybody of the changes in the change log/release notes.

They've been doing this for years now
2016-12-9
Use props
yLP5vhrUh8Jk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1025823 ft
Canada

I noticed the same issue and am not very happy about it. I liked having the different options.
2016-12-9
Use props
BlackR
lvl.1

Italy

same issue here,
but I noticed that when you turn on the app without connecting the aircraft, all the color settings Art, B&W, Vivid etc. are still showing.
When you connect the mavic to controller and App, they disappear again, only 4 profiles and a few empty slots
- BUT if you click on the seemingly empty slots below d-log etc, you can see the color profile changing in the image.
So has Dji removed art and other profiles like Jerry says and not done a good job, or is it a bug?
If DJI replies to your report clecla, can you let us know?
thanks
2016-12-10
Use props
alienintel
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys

that happened to me and it is most likely because you guys still use the old DJI mobile app. You need to get the DJI Go 4 app to see all the new profiles. Make sure you sync your flight records to the cloud so you can bring them back down in the new app. Oh and don't attempt to just update the old app... the DJI Go 4 is a completely separate app so you need to download it separately from your appstore.

By the way, the old app can still select the new colour profiles, they're just blank names in the list... basically if you tap in the list under the 4 profiles that are visible, you will see the camera feed changes colour but you are tapping on a blank space in the list weird

Anyway, downloading the new app will solve the problem.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We didn't remove the ART but renamed it to Film-A,B,C etc. We will optimize the naming and make it more clear. Thank you for your feedback.
2016-12-16
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Mindy following the theme above what has Art been renamed too ???  which  ???     film A ?    film B ?  etc   where can we find an explanation of these modes and what they do,  without wasting hours flying and trying,  flying and trying ?    any help on this would be welcome,  even something like

Film a =  old ART style but has a Blue priority
Film b =  Cinematic style with deeper reds and brown

etc etc  or what ever the mode should do ?
2016-12-16
Use props
kari5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Finland

Any of to new ones identical to old ART?
2016-12-16
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to know this too.

Art was by far the most popular colour profile. Plenty of people not pleased that they can't now find their favourite profile.

2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules