Mavic Compas Issue after update in S mode
1322 6 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

So, ive tested 3 times, and 3 times got the same thing with the mavic after the update. when ever i fly in sport mode, hitting more than 55- 60 km/hr, i get a message on my remote it says comething like: "compass calibration problem, calibrate, or land "  

Today i was putting this to the test, so i was in Sport mode, at 60mts high, and it happened again, and i keep the stick on the same position, and swithed back to Normal mode, and the mavic slowed to 45km/hr (ish) and also the Signal stopped.  Re did it again, and happened again in Sport mode, at high speed, it stopped when i slowed down.

does DJI have any comment about this?

i also noticed that now RTH says that obstical avoidance its disabled... i cant remember if this was the same before the FW update, but i noticed it now, and it also seems weird to me.
why disable one of the KEY FEATURES of this amazing drone?

does some one else noticed this ?

2016-12-9
Use props
fansfa29416b
lvl.1

United States

Yes I've been getting the same message. I've done all  calibrations IMU, remote everything.
2016-12-9
Use props
fansfa29416b
lvl.1

United States

Yes , only  in sport mode. You let of the stick a bit it goes away. On my flight logs it says" compass redundancy switch "
2016-12-9
Use props
fans62c4c721
New

United States

fansfa29416b Posted at 2016-12-9 14:39
Yes , only  in sport mode. You let of the stick a bit it goes away. On my flight logs it says" compass redundancy switch "

I also see this warning pretty frequently when I fly quickly in sport mode.  I only just got my Mavic, so I don't know if it's related to a new update or not.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Alansin, have you tried to do the compass calibration in an open area?
When the aircraft starts to return to home, the app prompt that obstical avoidance is disabled?
Did you capture a screenshot of that?
2016-12-11
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-11 08:34
Hi Alansin, have you tried to do the compass calibration in an open area?
When the aircraft starts to return to home, the app prompt that obstical avoidance is disabled?
Did you capture a screenshot of that?

i havent done screenshot, but i will ( if it helps in anything, but my word should be enough )
I did everything calibration, (miu, compass) before the update it NEVER SHOWED THAT MESSAGE, i dont complain without trying to resolve it for my own first.

its not only me, other users are getting it also, and i guess most of them dont even notice jet.
im flaying on the same spot, everything calibrated, the only thing that changed was the FW update on the mavic.

on the option i have all obstical avoidance enable, but when click RTH, it says that they are disable during RTH. wtf, right?

ill get you the screen capture.
but what else should i do ?

2016-12-13
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has all these errors and also disables obstacle avoidance on RTH. I'll also screen grab tomorrow
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules