1773 6 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone have luck getting exposures longer than 2 secons w/o blur?
Like anyone know how this was done?
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha FlyLow,

If the settings will not let you go longer than 2 seconds, then the brightness will have to be enough.  The Phantom is an extremely stable platform.  That photo has blur.  It looks like 2 second blur to me.  Look at the motorcycle streaks.  The scene is actually fairly bright.  You have to practice with these types of scenes.  2 seconds is a very long time for light.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hmm the photo doesn't look blurry to me, when I do a 2 second exposure my photos usually look quite blurry and don't have as much light trail

I will keep trying, someday
2016-12-10
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

There is a huge amount of post processing in that photo, probably took a few seconds to take the photo and then hours of work to get it looking right. I think it's multiple shots, the buildings are from a shorter exposure merged with a longer exposure for the street.
2016-12-10
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I have successfully taken shots up to 5 or 6 seconds with acceptable sharpness. The thing is take a bunch in a row and pick the best one to work with. Some will have too much movement and some will not. I try to shoot as close to ISO100 as possible so I use whatever shutter speed I need to get the shot.
2016-12-10
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

He stacked the images, it's a trick you can use shooting star trails or bluring water with a lot of single shots. If you look at the trails in the picture, they are not all that long.. This picture is a .8 second exposure and while the buildings are solid, the traffic does have some streaking in it.
compressed.jpg
2016-12-10
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i tried stacking but the drone moves shot much between shots its super hard to line up
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules