Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-1-24 09:24
I have Erie insurance and my drone is covered under my homeowner's policy.  No extra charge.  Fully covered.

i thought about that, but i'm not going to use my home owners for a crash unless there is other property damage involved.  
I'm going to get a separate policy to cover the possibility of just a crash or fly-away

2018-5-9
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys I'm a State Farm Rep in NJ License in NY as well. If you have any questions or need help getting a quote PM me on here to call/ text me on my cell 973-479-9959. Dillon
2018-5-10
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update:
I spoke with my State Farm agent here in NC.  He was really cool and explained that the actual coverage cost on my Mavic Air would only be $19/yr, but the minimum policy is $60/yr.  So he recommended that i try to make sure i've got other personal electronics on the policy as well, for 'added peace of mind'  So i added the IPAD that i fly with as well as my camera that i've never had insured.  Putting all of those thing on the same policy, the premium was still only $60/yr
If i suffer a loss or a crash, there is no deductible to get the device replaced.

AWESOME State Farm.  Awesome.
2018-5-10
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2
United States

fans423de705 Posted at 2016-12-9 16:04
There's got to be a catch.

the catch is your home insurance will be jacked up the next 3-5 yrs when you file a claim for a lost or damaged drone.
2018-6-17
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Louisville, KY is covered by State Farm.. I just secured a PAP for my Spark, MP and Yuneec Q500.  $70/yr.  A little more than what I'm seeing others pay, but the peace of mind is worth it.  I can give my agents name... but to be honest, there are better agents out there. This one has to be... let's just say a little "flighty".
2018-7-31
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

patton Posted at 2016-12-9 23:30
Did you already have other forms of insurance with State Farm? I hardly doubt given that I don't currently use State Farm that they are going to insure just my drone/me for this fee per year without having something like auto/home insurance with them.

Nope, you can just do a personal property policy.  I do believe they will increase your rate if you make a claim a month after you get your drone.
2018-7-31
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-10 18:44
Update:
I spoke with my State Farm agent here in NC.  He was really cool and explained that the actual coverage cost on my Mavic Air would only be $19/yr, but the minimum policy is $60/yr.  So he recommended that i try to make sure i've got other personal electronics on the policy as well, for 'added peace of mind'  So i added the IPAD that i fly with as well as my camera that i've never had insured.  Putting all of those thing on the same policy, the premium was still only $60/yr
If i suffer a loss or a crash, there is no deductible to get the device replaced.

I just put a State Farm policy on my replacement Mavic Pro and all my accessories except the Ipad. He said they don't cover those. They broke it up so If I loose it all or a single piece its covered. $1600 worth of coverage for $60 a month.
I'm in North Idaho.

2018-7-31
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-7-31 16:05
I just put a State Farm policy on my replacement Mavic Pro and all my accessories except the Ipad. He said they don't cover those. They broke it up so If I loose it all or a single piece its covered. $1600 worth of coverage for $60 a month.
I'm in North Idaho.

That includes 107 cert commercial license for $60/month yes?
Or just theft and/or loss?
2018-7-31
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-31 16:21
That includes 107 cert commercial license for $60/month yes?
Or just theft and/or loss?

Theft and loss. Did not check into 107 or liability.
2018-7-31
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-7-31 17:54
Theft and loss. Did not check into 107 or liability.

I think if you plan to use for commercial the policy is different.  My rep asked me about having 107.  when i said i didn't have it, he said "good.  that's a different policy. this will be easier"

I didn't press to get more information because it wasn't important then.
2018-8-1
Use props
Fly boy chow
New

United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 7-31 16:05
I just put a State Farm policy on my replacement Mavic Pro and all my accessories except the Ipad. He said they don't cover those. They broke it up so If I loose it all or a single piece its covered. $1600 worth of coverage for $60 a month.
I'm in North Idaho.

Ouch, $720 per year.  2 years of that policy and you can buy another drone.  
2018-12-11
Use props
Fly boy chow
New

United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 7-31 16:05
I just put a State Farm policy on my replacement Mavic Pro and all my accessories except the Ipad. He said they don't cover those. They broke it up so If I loose it all or a single piece its covered. $1600 worth of coverage for $60 a month.
I'm in North Idaho.

So I'm curious with this rate you are speaking about.  Your saying $60 per month.  Yet another photo community I belong to have people talking about $68 and $72 per year?  Now they are talking personal policy - photographytalk.com/forum/drone-photography/281096-drone-insurance-state-farm (sorry I can't post link, it says I don't have permission)

Is the one you are talking about personal or commercial?
2018-12-11
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

Fly boy chow Posted at 12-11 19:57
So I'm curious with this rate you are speaking about.  Your saying $60 per month.  Yet another photo community I belong to have people talking about $68 and $72 per year?  Now they are talking personal policy - photographytalk.com/forum/drone-photography/281096-drone-insurance-state-farm (sorry I can't post link, it says I don't have permission)

Is the one you are talking about personal or commercial?

My bad. It was $60 a year not per month
Not attached to my home so it won't drive other plans up if you file a claim.

2018-12-12
Use props
Jan Erick Capili
New

United States

adg110 Posted at 2017-1-4 07:13
State Farm - I live in IL - $60 minimum, it was $20 to insure my Mavic @ $1085.  I just emailed my agent (I have auto and renters with SF) about adding a Personal Articles Policy with my receipt, they had a declaration page over to me via email by end of day.

Hi! I got my mavvy yesterday, i live in IL also but 4-5 state farm i called they dont know about the drone insurance... can you help me please? Thank you
2019-3-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jan Erick Capili Posted at 3-15 12:29
Hi! I got my mavvy yesterday, i live in IL also but 4-5 state farm i called they dont know about the drone insurance... can you help me please? Thank you

tell them to check their PAP policies... thats where drone insurance goes.   if they still dont know, have them research it with a superior and get back to you asap

its also up to specific agents and offices sometimes they refuse to take certain higher risk things on as part of policies.   however doesn't sound like that's the issue it sounds like they are unfamiliar with how to classify it and where to cover it...   
2019-3-15
Use props
Tbables
lvl.1

United States

I know this is an old thread. But, I just got myself my first real Drone. A P4P. I am extremely excited and nervous (in a sense) at the same time. I wanted to look for protection for my drone and because of this thread, I now have coverage for only $60/year through State Farm! Thank you, everyone, for this information.  I can now fly with peace of mind!
2019-3-18
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Called my state farm agent today and was told they are starting to cover drones as well, but he didn't know much about it at the time.  Should get ahold of me in a few days with more information.  Should come in handy with me crashing my drone all the time LOL
2019-8-15
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

NickEST1987 Posted at 8-15 13:01
Called my state farm agent today and was told they are starting to cover drones as well, but he didn't know much about it at the time.  Should get ahold of me in a few days with more information.  Should come in handy with me crashing my drone all the time LOL

Hopefully you were just joking (hence the "LOL") about crashing all the time, but if not, be aware that it's not uncommon to see reports from people whose policies were canceled after they filed a claim in the first year of coverage.

Also, to clarify comments that were made earlier, your other policies' premiums might increase if you file a claim on the drone (personal articles) policy, and that's true regardless of whether those other policies are with State Farm or some other insurer.
2019-8-15
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

Gimpy Posted at 8-15 13:22
Hopefully you were just joking (hence the "LOL") about crashing all the time, but if not, be aware that it's not uncommon to see reports from people whose policies were canceled after they filed a claim in the first year of coverage.

Also, to clarify comments that were made earlier, your other policies' premiums might increase if you file a claim on the drone (personal articles) policy, and that's true regardless of whether those other policies are with State Farm or some other insurer.

Yes it was a joke
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_V5LO9L7x6YKi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19564 ft

fans423de705 Posted at 2016-12-9 16:04
There's got to be a catch.

Talk to him today. The $60 covers many things you own. Computers and stuff like that. Google it and it will show you the list that that $60 covers. It's really a lot of things. I don't get paid till after the first and that's the first thing I'm going to get. $0 deductible.
2019-9-28
Use props
braggot
lvl.1

United States

I am in Texas and called 2 agents today, just have to make sure you have your original invoice / receipt.
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules