1930 6 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans78ac1861
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234993 ft
Australia

Gday.
I currently have a P4 and will be traveling  to the US in the next few months. If i buy a Dji drone eg inspire 2 or Mavic while im there for the month ill be getting  about, when i return to Australia  how does my Dji WARRANTY stand.is it null and void or valid as it is still a DJI product.

Cheers
Andrew
2016-12-9
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It is still under warranty but in the country you got it from. So if you ever need to send it to be inspected or repaired under warranty you'll have to send the unit in the US.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans78ac1861
lvl.2
Australia

Robin UAV Posted at 2016-12-10 18:40
It is still under warranty but in the country you got it from. So if you ever need to send it to be inspected or repaired under warranty you'll have to send the unit in the US.

Hmmm
Well that maybe a pain later, i have already had to send back a P4 and a battery within Aus.
Thanks for the help

2016-12-10
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans78ac1861 Posted at 2016-12-10 12:29
Hmmm
Well that maybe a pain later, i have already had to send back a P4 and a battery within Aus.
Thanks for the help

Yeah, it makes sense to get one from the US cause of the price and hope for the best.
On the other hand if you need to send it in the US from AUS it will be a pain in the back...
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans78ac1861 Posted at 2016-12-10 20:29
Hmmm
Thanks for the help

Like Robin mentioned you have two ways to go about it, but you may want to consider keeping any potential warranty claims as easy as possible.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans78ac1861
lvl.2
Australia

Gday
I had a reply from a shop in the US they said they have had customers from overseas countries eg AU  and other countries and apparently  never had any issues on warrenty claims,  with DJI. Units have been fixed invthe local country.

Would be nice to get a response from Dji if there is an admin who could answer??

Why companies  that make products only say they will warrenty productscthat are bought in that  country still losses me. A Ipad is a ipad and a Samsung tablet is the same where ever you buy it, so as a world wide company why would it not cover it world wide, not just Dji.

So if i bought a product overseas whilst living there for a period then come back to Australia  I'm stuffed as warrenties are void on all products apparently

Buga!

2016-12-14
Use props
fans78ac1861
lvl.2
Australia

fans78ac1861 Posted at 2016-12-14 21:05
Gday
I had a reply from a shop in the US they said they have had customers from overseas countries eg AU  and other countries and apparently  never had any issues on warrenty claims,  with DJI. Units have been fixed invthe local country.

Update

Well based on buying in Australia  or overseas, out of 3 phantom 4 batteries, 2 have failed  one of these starrted faults with in 2 months, the other just gave up out of warrenty.
Dji at first said there was nothing wrong its the app, then it died and initially said now its out of warrenty bad luck!

So i have 3 batteries all purchase all about the same time 2 of which failed, dji did  fix one after after lots of discussion, the other is dead.
Why does knowone in dji think this seems odd, or not exceptable.
I can understand batteries fail, but one that has a on board computer to look after it has had about 15 cycles and is $280odd dollars its really not up to standard.

Before i rush out and spend my money on more dji gear i think ill wait for all the faults to appear on the new ones first.
I love the product like most crew but how about supporting your customers as im not the only person in this situation.

Regards
Andrew
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules