P4P+ RC not connecting to Drone (RC Relink didn't work)
1140 6 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R00022
lvl.1

United States

Just got my P4P+ today, but when I turn the RC on and the drone on, the RC doesn't see the drone.  On the display I see "connect to Your Device", but nothing happens when I tap it.
When I tap "enter device", it takes me into the flight GUI, but it doesn't show a connected drone.  I retored both the RC and the drone to factory defaults, but no luck.  I performed the RC re-linking process (bc the drone was blinking yellow lights), however the RC times out looking for the drone.I pressed the re-link button on the RC GUI, then press and held the relink light/button , but the remote times out looking for the drone link.
I rebooted both the Drone and the RC and tried the process again....My remote still doesn't see the drone.

I've been waiting for a month for this guy, ugh. I hope you guys can help!
Oh, I upgraded the RC firmware, but it didn't make a difference.

2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha R00022,

When you link the RC with the Phantom in any other Phantom scenario, you only hold the re-link button down on the Phantom until the light blinks.  Then you let it go.  I used to hold it down and it would never link.  Then I let it go after it blinked and the rest of my efforts worked.  I use it all the time now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to clarify, you have upgrade both RC and AC to the latest firmware version which has been released yesterday, right?
Please try to switch the operating frequency between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz,then select 2.4GHz and restart the remote controller.
If there is GPS signal when flying the aircraft outdoors, please enable Personal Hotsport, then connect the remote controller to that Hotspot, enter the correct country code. If the country code cannot be written, try to reconnect  the aircraft or notwork to write the country code again.

2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:04
Just to clarify, you have upgrade both RC and AC to the latest firmware version which has been released yesterday, right?
Please try to switch the operating frequency between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz,then select 2.4GHz and restart the remote controller.
If there is GPS signal when flying the aircraft outdoors, please enable Personal Hotsport, then connect the remote controller to that Hotspot, enter the correct country code. If the country code cannot be written, try to reconnect  the aircraft or notwork to write the country code again.

Aloha Natalia,

Sounds like this is "Rocket Science" now?  I better bow out here!  At least until I get mine.  Any suggestions on order timing?  It is probably hectic now before Christmas and all.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-10 15:28
Aloha Natalia,

Sounds like this is "Rocket Science" now?  I better bow out here!  At least until I get mine.  Any suggestions on order timing?  It is probably hectic now before Christmas and all.

May I have your order number? we'd love to help you check with pre-sales team whether we can get more information on the shipping time, really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2016-12-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:37
May I have your order number? we'd love to help you check with pre-sales team whether we can get more information on the shipping time, really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Aloha Natalia,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I am not even going to put in my order until things settle down.  I have a P4, and my favorite, my P3P to practice with until I get a P4 Pro.  I am in no rush and there has been no inconvenience.  I was just saying that I do plan on getting a P4 Pro at some point.

Mahalo for your concern!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-10
Use props
R00022
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, The process of switching the frequency between 2.4 and 5.8 did the trick. Thank you both for the help!  It's time to fly the new P4P+!
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules