Looking for Mavic in Shenzhen / Hong Kong?
1761 9 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeilFau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282799 ft
Nepal

Hi, I'm in Shenzhen & Hong Kong next week and I want to try and pick up a Mavic from somewhere. Does anyone have any contacts or know where I could have a chance of finding one? I don't mind paying extra if I have too. I assume the flagship stores and probably the Apple stores are a waste of time, anyone know if it's worth checking Huaqiangbei market in Shenzhen? Any tips appreciated!

Thanks,

Neil
2016-12-9
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

Don't think you can get a Mavic from `offical channel` then. But I believe you can get one from taobao.com with extra $$. It is Chinese ebay, so might not a good idea to get a pricey item there.

BTW: DJI is opening a new flagship store in Shanghai. It is offering limited number of Mavics for walkin customers -- but I guess it will sell out fast.

Edit:
Just checked taobao.com, sellers ask 300+ usd for a in stock Mavic.

Edit 2:
sorry, I mean `ask extra 300+ usd for a in stock Mavic`, i.e. 1300+ usd for a Mavic
2016-12-9
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.2
Nepal

Ok thanks! Is it easy to arrange to meet people on taobao, I don't speak mandarin unfortunately and I'm only in Shenzhen for maybe 4-5hrs and Hong Kong for a 1.5 days.
2016-12-9
Use props
Kep1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255984 ft
China

In China they won't sell them in apple stores, and the flagship store doesn't have the Mavic till January... Best guess is to download the dji store app and call them/ if you don't speak Chinese just pay them a visit... I got mine from Guangzhous DJI store
2016-12-9
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.2
Nepal

Kep1 Posted at 2016-12-10 08:52
In China they won't sell them in apple stores, and the flagship store doesn't have the Mavic till January... Best guess is to download the dji store app and call them/ if you don't speak Chinese just pay them a visit... I got mine from Guangzhous DJI store

You mean go into official DJI stores?
2016-12-9
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

NeilFau Posted at 2016-12-9 22:02
Ok thanks! Is it easy to arrange to meet people on taobao, I don't speak mandarin unfortunately and I'm only in Shenzhen for maybe 4-5hrs and Hong Kong for a 1.5 days.

You are welcomed. I mean `ask extra 300+ usd for an in stock Mavic`, i.e. 1300+ usd for a Mavic
2016-12-9
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.2
Nepal

int0x80 Posted at 2016-12-10 11:18
You are welcomed. I mean `ask extra 300+ usd for an in stock Mavic`, i.e. 1300+ usd for a Mavic

Oh ok thanks, so I should offer up to a extra $300 So what stores should I try and see if they have any in stock?
2016-12-9
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
United States

NeilFau Posted at 2016-12-10 00:37
Oh ok thanks, so I should offer up to a extra $300 So what stores should I try and see if they have any in stock?

NP. And yes, if you buy it from them without bargaining, you need extra $300 or more (not `up to`) to get an in stock Mavic.

For me, the biggest concern is the item you about to get on Taobao might not be `all new` guaranteed.

Because taobao is an online service, it's not easy to arrange an in-person sale. If you would take the risk, I suggest asking your local friends to buy it online before you arrive China.

The bottom line is: you need extra luck to get one in official store or other authorized retailers. It's possible to buy from another person online, but 1. will cost more, 2. not easy as a visitor and 3. take the risk.
----

Edit: You can also get one on ebay with extra $.
2016-12-9
Use props
Kep1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255984 ft
China

I got mine in the official store but I was really lucky after calling all the stores many times. Finally a store in Guangzhou had ONE arrived in the morning and I got it. I would not recommend to buy one on taobao... nobody speaks English and even if you'll find someone you'll never get it in time. Sorry, but I guess your only chance is having a look around in the official shops and you might get lucky (unfortunately not very likely)
If you're willing to pay more better get one from eBay
2016-12-9
Use props
higgssinglet
New

Cambodia

I got mine from the DJI store in Shanghai yesterday
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules