Mavic got wet ?
2058 2 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f6477cf
lvl.1

United States

Hello , my Mavic pro lost signal the other day and did not return it landed itself in tree down the road .So it spent 2 days in the rain before I could find a tree guy that would climb 85 feet and get it. Anyway I dried it for 2 days its starts up says ready to fly but I have moisture on my camera lens . I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? I start it everyday and let the fan run and warm it up. Then have a bag of rice around the Camerra . Has anyone had the Camera apart ?
Thank you for you time Scott

I'll post the footage of me crashing my Phantom 3 in a rescue attempt LOL broke gimbal parts on the way
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We're so sorry to hear about the issue.
May I know what your settings is for RTH? and how about the distance between the aircraft and home point?
Since it is not waterproof, to ensure the safety, it'd not recommended to fly it again.
2016-12-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I've had great success with, a dehumidifier. I have a big rectangular dehumidifier in our basement and fashioned a large box that can go around it. I cut a piece out for the back of the unit to get air. I've put parts inside the box and let the dehumidifier run for a couple of days. Seems to suck every drop of water from the components. Just a thought.

Jerry
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules