Upgrade issue...
1729 9 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I got my P4 Pro yesterday.  After firing up (same as my normal P4) the Go-app had a Firmware Upgrade notification.  I tapped on the notification which took me to the upgrade info page (the normal info - plug the USB into aitcraft, do not disconnect etc...)  There is no further "upgrade now" button... just a "dumb" page.  I then went to the Assistant 2 app on the PC.  After logging in it found the Phantom 4 Pro but displayed a message:  Cannot load Firmware list - please retry.  After a few retries and getting the same message I'm back to square one.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Regards

2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you used to connect the remote? you have installed DJI GO 4 and tried to upgrade through APP, it failed, right? may I know any error message popping out?
Please try to restart the aircraft and try again with Assistant 2, you can reset it to factory default firstly and check again.Besides, please make sure the internet connection is great.
If still the same case, please post a screenshot here.
2016-12-9
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 08:41
May I know what mobile device you used to connect the remote? you have installed DJI GO 4 and tried to upgrade through APP, it failed, right? may I know any error message popping out?
Please try to restart the aircraft and try again with Assistant 2, you can reset it to factory default firstly and check again.Besides, please make sure the internet connection is great.
If still the same case, please post a screenshot here.

Thanks!  I use two devices (same as with my Phantom 4) - A Samsung Note 5 and a Samsung Tab 4 S.  I do not think it is the device as I never had problems with them before....  I tried two internet connections.  !.  Wifi via a 2M line and 2. High speed LTE cell connection to Assistant 2  (as I did in the past with my normal P4).  Both failed - also after restarting the P4 Pro.  Same error msg:  "Cannot load Firmware list - Please retry".

I have flown the P4 Pro now for an hour without issues but still would like to do the firmware upgrade.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JWC P4 Posted at 2016-12-10 20:25
Thanks!  I use two devices (same as with my Phantom 4) - A Samsung Note 5 and a Samsung Tab 4 S.  I do not think it is the device as I never had problems with them before....  I tried two internet connections.  !.  Wifi via a 2M line and 2. High speed LTE cell connection to Assistant 2  (as I did in the past with my normal P4).  Both failed - also after restarting the P4 Pro.  Same error msg:  "Cannot load Firmware list - Please retry".

I have flown the P4 Pro now for an hour without issues but still would like to do the firmware upgrade.

You upgraded it via Samsung with DJI GO 4 installed, right?
We can try to change another IOS device to upgrade it again if convenient, which would make sense.
2016-12-10
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 15:08
You upgraded it via Samsung with DJI GO 4 installed, right?
We can try to change another IOS device to upgrade it again if convenient, which would make sense.

Yep! Go-app 4.0 installed on both devices.  No go!  I have discovered that there is a brand new version of Assistant 2 for P4 P - released yesterday!  I installed that and could update the drone successfully.  It did not pick up the controller though.  Can you tell me the latest software version of the standard P4 Pro controller? (GL 300F).
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JWC P4 Posted at 2016-12-10 23:08
Yep! Go-app 4.0 installed on both devices.  No go!  I have discovered that there is a brand new version of Assistant 2 for P4 P - released yesterday!  I installed that and could update the drone successfully.  It did not pick up the controller though.  Can you tell me the latest software version of the standard P4 Pro controller? (GL 300F).

Glad to hear you upgraded the aircraft successfully.
The latest firmware for P4P remote is V1.3.0.0, you could check the details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ro+Release+Note.pdf
2016-12-10
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 19:28
The latest firmware for P4P remote is V1.3.0.0, you could check the details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/Phantom+4+Pro+Release+Note.pdf

Thank you!
2016-12-10
Use props
smokey_truck
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 12:28
The latest firmware for P4P remote is V1.3.0.0, you could check the details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/Phantom+4+Pro+Release+Note.pdf

If I using the P4P+, how do I use DJI Assistant 2, it is taking a while to download for upgrading firmware. I want to upgrade using SD card.

Smokey
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

smokey_truck Posted at 2016-12-11 05:50
If I using the P4P+, how do I use DJI Assistant 2, it is taking a while to download for upgrading firmware. I want to upgrade using SD card.

Smokey

Have you been able to connect to the Assistant 2 software before? If you still need to install the software, please do so while the unit is turned on and plugged in to ensure that the necessary drivers install.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

smokey_truck Posted at 2016-12-11 05:50

Smokey

In addition, here is the specific steps for upgrading aircraft with Assistant 2.
To upgrade P4P+ remote, please check the document: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/How+to+Update+the+Remote+Controller+Firmware+of+Phantom+4+Pro+Plus.pdf
F.png
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules