6019 70 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dragonflycam
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hungary

Hey Guys!

Guess what?!I have the goddamn same issue.Yesterday I just upgraded as usual, everything seemed to work fine until I started the motors.Go said esc status error.My P3P never had any crashes, always landed in hand but had firmware issues.I just can't imagine that a big company like DJI how can afford these HUGE MISTAKES!!!!???? Today I had a job to do, and I have to say thank God that I bought a Yuneec Typhoon-H last year, she prevented me from losing a job.I don't have any warranty on my p3p, I bought it almost two years ago and I don't want to send it back to DJI to give them more money for nothing. Why didn't they test a new firmware?They don't care about their customers.I was thinking about to buy a p4p, but after this failure I'm sure that never-ever another DJI product.Hope they can produce a new WORKING and TESTED firmware soon.
2017-1-12
Use props
jbill
lvl.1

Brazil

Why is not DJI officially pronounced here on this channel?
2017-1-16
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

When doing this latest update, I have a theory that when doing the update, owners are not letting the update finish. This update takes about three times as long as any of the other updates in which the Phantom cuts off three times and restarts itself. I myself almost disconnected the battery a couple times because I thought it was done with the update. The camera goes limp and the lights shut off a few times and there is a few seconds in between before it powers itself back up. An inexperienced person might think it is done and disconnect the battery. You must listen for the beeps to change to the correct tones verifying that it is complete. Also the gimbal LED changes from flashing green red to solid green.
Just a theory.
2017-1-17
Use props
Quest-So
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141017 ft

Romania

Interesting theory and good to know as a warning this update is taking much longer.
But I've seen reports people that received a "Successfull update" (@ v1.10.90) in their TXT file.
Would it be possible if they didn't waited the real firmware update ending ?
2017-1-19
Use props
dragonflycam
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hungary

I know IT takes Time, and IT was a successful update.In the End there was di-didi as usual.
2017-1-20
Use props
fans8b672507
New

United States

I was about to fly my p3p today and i got an esc error.  the funny thing is I just updated the firmware last week.  This is bull.  What is the deal with this error and why is there not a fix?????  DJI please send us help!!!!!
2017-1-22
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

I have sent mine back

It was working 100% prior to the update.

The odd thing is I can update it. Power down. Turn back on and fly with no issues.

When you take battery out and back in it shows a esc error.

I can then do the update again. Power down back on and fly no issues.

Dji inspected my drone and sent me a quote of 880 to fix it as they claim water damage?? Keep in mind I live in northern Alberta Canada. It is winter. I have never crashed nor have I landed in water.

They quoted a new drone a new camera.

Never have I had any issues with my drone. Camera is perfect drone was perfect prior.

I own a phantom 4, my p3A, and a inspire 2 on order. I feel I am being treated unfairly.

I have already contacted customer care and have disputed.

Obviously lots of others had problems with a failed update. Are they having this issue?

I will keep everyone updated after I hear from them after the dispute.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

I may also mention I bought 5 months ago. So still have warranty
2017-1-26
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

I just want a proper flash and send it back.
2017-1-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-1-17 00:05
When doing this latest update, I have a theory that when doing the update, owners are not letting the update finish. This update takes about three times as long as any of the other updates in which the Phantom cuts off three times and restarts itself. I myself almost disconnected the battery a couple times because I thought it was done with the update. The camera goes limp and the lights shut off a few times and there is a few seconds in between before it powers itself back up. An inexperienced person might think it is done and disconnect the battery. You must listen for the beeps to change to the correct tones verifying that it is complete. Also the gimbal LED changes from flashing green red to solid green.
Just a theory.

I agree also that it does take longer to upgrade to this version. I have a P3A and have successfully upgraded, and my Phantom flies fine. But as far as rolling back to an earlier version, I don't know how they keep you from doing that. I'm sure some guru out there understands this. I can tell you, and I have commented on another post about this, I read where the reason is because the firmware is stored on the sd-card that is glued onto the motherboard inside the Phantom. The article I read said if you take the shell apart and remove the sd-card and replaced it with a new one, it will be like the drone was when it was brand new, and you can load any older firmware you want. I haven't done this, but it makes sense. The person writing the article said he worked for a place that does this all of the time. Have to wonder if might be a possibility for those who have had issues and are stuck.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

Would be fine. Although I do have warranty. They are saying moisture was found in the drone.

Funny how it worked perfect prior to the firmware update.

I sure hope the right people look into and fix the mix up.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansca3f4894
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709035 ft
United States

fans5c076bf9 Posted at 2016-12-10 17:32
I have the exact same issue , all perfect with 1.96 as soon as I upgraded with success to 1.10 have that esc status error, out of 20 attempts to start I may get 1. Or 2 starts , dji said to send it in for repair , this sux as firmware bricked my phantom

i used to get the message and would restart everything and all ok, but yesterday it would only give the message over and over and not start. i switched to my free battery that cane with the p3 pro and fired right up....go figure ???
2017-1-26
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

It is insane the amount of people that have this issue.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

@ higherperspect

Did you get yours repaired ?
2017-1-27
Use props
fans500a7d5c
lvl.2

Canada

Phantom One Posted at 2017-1-9 07:09
I would assume they would take care of you; warranty or not.  A lot of mad drone owners out there, including me!

Any update on your case?
2017-1-27
Use props
Chief250
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I recently purchased a pre-owned PH3AD. When I turned it on it said controller and aircraft needed firmware updates. So being the responsible owner I did both updates. The controller updated with no issues. When it updated AC the txt file said it aborted all phases due to the same firmware being on there. Now it says lasted firmware with no update warning. I don't remember the numbers but it's the latest one on DJI website from Nov. Knock on wood my AC fly's flawlessly!!
2017-1-27
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Has anyone had any luck getting fixed ??
2017-1-27
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Maybe part of DJI's big plan to discontinue the P3P to promote p4 sales. Doesn't seem much response here for a fix. I'm staying with 1.08 until the all clear lights shine.
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

I am now waiting for a supervisor to email me. I sure hope there is not a communication error again.

This has been very stressful
2017-1-28
Use props
rungel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120299 ft
United States

I just received my P3A for my first drone and very reluctant to update the firmware.  Any issues with flying without updating?

Thanks
2017-1-28
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI software engineers should be charged for any and all repairs, including crashes related to their inability to provide software updates that actually work as they're supposed to.  As usual they are clueless about bad issues they continually create at an alarming rate.  
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Yeah no kidding. I am rather upset over this experience
2017-1-28
Use props
fans01490159
New

United States

Hello all. I just bought a p3 on January 27th. Never flew it. Started up the motors to indoor just to see if the transmission was ok. Checked gimbal that was fine. So was the video on my tablet. Then updated the firmware. To 10.1. Latest. Then esc error. Being that I was just was able to get a swap. The new one is going to be sent today. I will not update bein that there is obviously a risk. Will the system eventually force me to update?
2017-2-7
Use props
fans85e47e9b
lvl.1

Latvia

Same problem here with DJI P3P, i had a 1.9 previous version wich worked absolutley fine, but when i did upgrade to 1.10 i could't turn it on. Shows ESC error message. I did my update correctly, i have my drone at least 1.5 years and did my upgrades correctly alwas. When i contact customer service they said i have issues with motors probabbly.... Yeah sure, before update never happened anything like that.  What else we can do with this issue? Any suggestions?
When i restart drone about 7-10 times, it's fires up and flies with no problems, but i need like 10 min to start it....
2017-3-3
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

dragonflycam Posted at 2017-1-12 14:34
Hey Guys!

Guess what?!I have the goddamn same issue.Yesterday I just upgraded as usual, everything seemed to work fine until I started the motors.Go said esc status error.My P3P never had any crashes, always landed in hand but had firmware issues.I just can't imagine that a big company like DJI how can afford these HUGE MISTAKES!!!!???? Today I had a job to do, and I have to say thank God that I bought a Yuneec Typhoon-H last year, she prevented me from losing a job.I don't have any warranty on my p3p, I bought it almost two years ago and I don't want to send it back to DJI to give them more money for nothing. Why didn't they test a new firmware?They don't care about their customers.I was thinking about to buy a p4p, but after this failure I'm sure that never-ever another DJI product.Hope they can produce a new WORKING and TESTED firmware soon.

I'm about to pack mine off for ESC status error repair. Also, no crash or other obvious proximate cause. I can telll you from experience last year: I had a crash that broke the cam off at the yaw arm, was able to self-repair all the visible damage with spare parts, but couldn't get the camera to work, so finally gave up and sent in in. Got it back in 2 weeks for total cost of $115. So, you should get it fixed promptly for a reasonable price. Just a little unnerving to get this error out of the blue.
2017-3-6
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Did someone try this steps to downgrading the firmware? : http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -9-to-1-7-6.105384/
It didn't work for me Pleaseee, I need help!!!! Fu&%g Firmware!!!!
2017-3-7
Use props
MC13579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203107 ft
United States

Downgraded to 1.9 and all it good. Starts every time. It is ashamed that DJI would release a firmware that would leave so many with a dead copter. Used the debug method for the copter and downgraded the RC to 1.6
2017-3-8
Use props
MC13579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203107 ft
United States

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2017-3-7 19:53
Did someone try this steps to downgrading the firmware? : http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/downgrading-firmware-on-p3p-from-1-10-9-to-1-7-6.105384/
It didn't work for me  Pleaseee, I need help!!!! Fu&%g Firmware!!!!

I rolled back to 1.9 using this method ... all good!
2017-3-8
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

MC13579 Posted at 2017-3-8 06:28
I rolled back to 1.9 using this method ... all good!

I can't understand what it's wrong. I did everything, but it didn't work. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
2017-3-8
Use props
fansce80e097
New
Flight distance : 87070 ft
Poland

I have the exact same issue, after update 1.11.20 !!!! DJI HELP !!!! Please repair the software
2017-7-22
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Me to been going on about it for ages sometimes the motors start sometimes they dont, never had this problem before, and it has never been crashed or hard landed. Got an ipad4 mini with latest firmware and phantom and controller have the very latest  firmware, getting a bit beyond a joke now.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules