Mavic in lake
1843 15 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Had such a bad moment too have the screen go laggy as mavic was coming down :-( my own fault!

Only positive it hit the inly rick stopping it landing on the shore in dry and the battery jumped out then it went in the drink

Have it stripped back and blew out all the water i could, is rice going to helpbsave it?

Only other damagebwhich is also stink is the gimbil broke :-/ big fix?
2016-12-10
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Salt water? If not you might be lucky but you'll need to dry it out for a long time. Stick it somewhere warm for a day or two with some cat litter pellets or moisture absorbant box's
2016-12-10
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remember those silicon gel use it or buy one. It is much better. You can also use hair dryer but use cold only.
2016-12-10
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

I read about the guy who put it in rice for a couple of days after his mavic sunk; got it up and running again...
2016-12-10
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Rice, cool air from dryer, just drying for several days, will all work. Just make sure it is completely dry before you attempt to start it. Any left over moisture will likely fry something.
2016-12-10
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Maverikster Posted at 2016-12-10 20:15
I read about the guy who put it in rice for a couple of days after his mavic sunk; got it up and running again...

After that flight did he have some flyed rice?
2016-12-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I've had great success with, a dehumidifier. I have a big rectangular dehumidifier in our basement and fashioned a large box that can go around it. I cut a piece out for the back of the unit to get air. I've put parts inside the box and let the dehumidifier run for a couple of days. Seems to suck every drop of water from the components. Just a thought.

Jerry
2016-12-10
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Put the battery in a zip lock bag with kitty litter (clean), and it wall quickly draw the moisture out of the battery. But you would need to do this almost immediately. This tip may be more useful to those with future mishaps.
Another useless tip: Going to other way... If you store christmas cookies, put them in a sealed container and throw in a few apple slices. This will keep them soft. (don't even know why I am mentioning this...)
2016-12-10
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-10 23:54
Put the battery in a zip lock bag with kitty litter (clean), and it wall quickly draw the moisture out of the battery. But you would need to do this almost immediately. This tip may be more useful to those with future mishaps.
Another useless tip: Going to other way... If you store christmas cookies, put them in a sealed container and throw in a few apple slices. This will keep them soft. (don't even know why I am mentioning this...)

Very good tip, here's a couple more off topic useless tips...
Some rice in your salt shaker, will stop the salt from clumping together.
A piece of apple in with your brown sugar, will keep it moist and prevent it from becoming concrete.
haha, sorry for the off topic comment, I won't do it again.
2016-12-10
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-10 21:33

Yea that is why you put it in rice ... not to dry it out .. but to attract some Asian computer wiz .. who will sneak in to take the rice.... see the broken mavic fix it up and probably upgrade it.
2016-12-10
Use props
Penny K.
New

Canada

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-12-10 06:33

Your flyed rice and my 2 cats, Stir Fryed and Schezwan, would be a good match.
2016-12-10
Use props
Penny K.
New

Canada

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-10 08:54

One of my Prof's put an apple slice in his pipe tobacco pouch to keep it moist.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
New Zealand

Update is she still goes!!!! So glad its not a shelf ornament!!! I have two note battery's so if this one dosent revive not a huge loss, watched the mavic teardown vid and fully disassembled it, just gimbal to fix :-/ ......I like the cokkie idea haha lol, and I think I'm going to stay away from water for a while when get clamp fixed......for interest it was in the lake for 27 minutes...was going on dusk so hard to spot!!!
2016-12-10
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
New Zealand

fans960b109d Posted at 2016-12-11 07:54
Update is she still goes!!!! So glad its not a shelf ornament!!! I have two note battery's so if this one dosent revive not a huge loss, watched the mavic teardown vid and fully disassembled it, just gimbal to fix :-/ ......I like the cokkie idea haha lol, and I think I'm going to stay away from water for a while when get clamp fixed......for interest it was in the lake for 27 minutes...was going on dusk so hard to spot!!!

Edit....More batterys
2016-12-10
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
New Zealand

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-11 08:30
Yea that is why you put it in rice ... not to dry it out .. but to attract some Asian computer wiz .. who will sneak in to take the rice.... see the broken mavic fix it up and probably upgrade it.

Lol i will always have a bag of rice on hand now! Mayby i should through my wife in it and get a upgrade haha
2016-12-11
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
New Zealand

Anyone sent there drone into dji for repairs on a gimbil yet? What's the sort of time frame did you receive it back in? Apparently in new Zealand I can't get it fixed has to be sent back to the mother ship :-/
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules