Noob Inquiries
748 2 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dudegotskills
lvl.2

United States

So I've just gotten my Inspire 1 two days ago and I love it! I come from about a year behind my Phantom 3 Advanced, so it was all fairly simple and familiar. However, there's a few things I just can't figure out and have searched around the forum for a day or two without solid answers.
Firmware:
Aircraft- 1.9
Controller- 1.7
App - Newest

1. The Firmware - Please understand that I have no problems with installing the firmware. There are great tutorials out there. However, I've seen from many people that they greatly prefer 1.8 over 1.9. Why is this? What are the advantages to both? I can't seem to find that anywhere, and never had the chance to use 1.8. Same goes for the transmitter.

2. The Radio Frequency - With my old Phantom, I stuck it on auto and it was perfect. On the Inspire, auto seems to channel every possible source of interference straight into me quadcopter. I moved it to custom, and as per Donnie's suggestions in a few posts, turned it on Channel 20. This is really very good, but I don't get the same range as with the Phantom. I've also got the bitrate as low as possible. Is this part of the newest firmware, or I just don't have the right channel?
2016-12-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Regarding Q 1- My experience with the latest update for 1.9 on the Ac and 1.76  on the RC was causing loss of video siganl on an intermittent basis, I just found that ( and others as well ) the 1.8 for the AC and 1.6 seems to be the best combination at this time to prevent and video dropout .

Regarding Q 2 -  You really should have the same range as the Phantom , You are just loosing video signal correct ?  If this is the case I would experiment with other channels as well, you could also do the 32 channel update if you are in a area with a lot of frequency interference .  What are you using for the Go app ?  If it is an apple device be sure to "Enable " the Hardware decode  on the go app , as this will take some of the load off the processor .  

One other suggestion would be to get a simple parabolic ( windsurfer ) antenna booster. this will help focus the antenna signal and does help, I found about 2,000 extrta feet of range , but your mileage may vary.  

I hope some others can chime in with ideas to help out as well, I want you to have all views and not just donnie stugots.

***If you want the 32 channel update file let me know , I have it and there are videos on you tube on how to do it , it is very simple and can be rolled back any time .  It will require a seperate PC with I tunes installed on it , If it is Android I am not sure on the exact way to do it .The file is attached just need to load it to I tunes if you wish, like I say watch the videos.
Also contrary to popular belief, the 32 ch. update has nothing to do with AC control, it is strictly for the Video Siganl from the AC to the RC.
***Love the custom avatar by the way , very nice.

donnie

32 channel update (1).rar

192 Bytes, Down times: 15

2016-12-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Never had any issues having the frequency on auto.

2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules