Strange video quality
1056 7 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Hello, anybody had a really strange video quality with his Mavic?! My video looks really like I would use a special shaking blurry filter - I have no clue what to do or what to reset to fix it - it's with updated firmware and so I guess it should work. I never had something like this with my other drones  :-(
2016-12-10
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the gimbal seated properly?
2016-12-10
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I guess yes, it moves perfect

2016-12-10
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Here a link for a few seconds:

Mavic
2016-12-10
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

After a lot of research and no time to fly again because of snow it seems to be a temperature issue - I'm not sure if the Phantom 4 has the same issue but this is a bummer  :-(
I hope to make some further tests when the snow stops...
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello D_jan_i, could you please follow the video tutorial to check your gimbal? Besides, did you take off the gimbal clamp and gimbal cover?
2016-12-16
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Mindy,  I checked everything several times, it seemed to be perfect and nothing suspicious. Gimbal well seated, moving smoothly - I only found that the Mavic was hovering a little bit nervous, but that was just a feeling, difficult to measure. But I had it really from the beginning when I got it back from DJI Service. I was directly checking all your tutorials, made several test flights and I came to the conclusion that it's probably hardware problem. I guess the vibrations from the drone were not filtered well or the vibrations were to strong to compensate it. I could hardly make normal photos, and especially the shaking videos.
Yesterday I sent it back to California to let it check/replace. Hopefully they make a final test before sending it back. It's the 2nd time I had to send it within 4 weeks.
2016-12-16
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Hello everyone, just to pick up the topic - after a few test flights the drone footage is again back to what I expected to get - even with temperatures below the 30s  ;-)
So in my case the repair worked this time - hopefully the last one
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules