Video - early days BUT....
460 1 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I have flown my P4 P for only about an hour now.  For me it is all about the footage.  At this stage I shot both with H.264 and H.265.  The footage is OK compared to my normal P4.  It has more dynamic range for sure but I'll not say that it is dramatically better than the P4 (I'm still experimenting with the different video settings - not a big fan of the tap to focus at this stage) .

My biggest gripe is that the old annoying bug I have with the P4 has been carried over to the new P4 P.  When playing back (4K in both codecs) I still see a "jump" - like a missing frame - only now and then - playing back directly from the SD card into 4K 8 core 55" Samsung screen via the USB 3 highspeed port - it does look like a missing frame!.  One may argue it is a transfer speed issue - camera to SD.  And then the notorious split in the video file when one passes the 4GB mark... the two files short a few frames when linked in post production...  Pity!

Anyone else seen this?  Any way to rectify?  (SD card was formatted)

2016-12-10
Use props
Joshua Carlton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am with you on tap to focus. I am really trying to get used to it but it's so rainy in Oregon right now that I haven't really had a chance. I am starting to miss my P3A but I know that it will beso worth it once I am understanding the P4Ps full capabilities.
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules