DJI Please fix this RedLight C2 Lag <<
1251 14 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

First off thank you for the amazing product.
I'm writing this because the p4p is fairly new, so problems are basically inevitable. The red front light either works sometimes, lags, or doesn't even respond to the c2 trigger.
I set my C2 as front lights on/off, and I noticed it didn't even turn on when I pressed it during mid flight, so here's an updated video of the p4p with the latest firmware: (updated to the latest firmware on the RC & P4p on 12/10/16)
EDIT 5:00Pm 12/10/16
I took it out for a flight, and the lights did not respond to the c2 button. Once inside the house, the lights started responding again. It seems like this is a major flaw that needs to be addressed.

You can see the real lag towards the end of the video.  Laggest part is at around 44 seconds

2016-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Really? Why on earth should that be a problem?
2016-12-10
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-10 14:48
Really? Why on earth should that be a problem?

The p3p had no problem when it came to turning on/off the red lights via c2. This is useful when flying in low light or night conditions. On one of my flights, the light didn't even turn on. The response for it to light up is clearly lagging sometimes, so this thread was created to address a problem.
*Also, when returning home after/during sunset, it's easier to spot the bird at a distance with the red light is on.
*If DJI go freezes up, then flying the bird manually with the lights on is indeed helpful. (this happened to me once+)
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you notice this before updating the unit or was this out of the box? Based on the video, the lag does not seem that bad, especially when it's being pressed repeatedly.
2016-12-10
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-10 17:54
Did you notice this before updating the unit or was this out of the box? Based on the video, the lag does not seem that bad, especially when it's being pressed repeatedly.

It was like this out of the box. Well I updated everything before flying it, and this was like that the firmware before, and it was just like that after today's firmware release (12/10/16). I understand it's not that bad, but at the end at around 44 seconds, the lag is significant.

Took it out on a flight earlier today, and it did not turn on at all. I pressed c2 numerous times, but once I took it inside the house, then it worked similar to the video. This has happened on 2 out of the 3 flights so far. Please DJI, can you correct this with a firmware update, or is it just my unit?
I've used this feature multiple times with the p3p and found it useful, especially the time right after sunset. Dji go also cut out on me on my p3p once, so I had to fly the phantom back to me without GO, so this red light feature was also a life saver at the time.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-11 17:46
It was like this out of the box. Well I updated everything before flying it, and this was like that the firmware before, and it was just like that after today's firmware release (12/10/16). I understand it's not that bad, but at the end at around 44 seconds, the lag is significant.

Took it out on a flight earlier today, and it did not turn on at all. I pressed c2 numerous times, but once I took it inside the house, then it worked similar to the video. This has happened on 2 out of the 3 flights so far. Please DJI, can you correct this with a firmware update, or is it just my unit?

How far out would you be when you notice that the command isn't working?
2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

It was definately LOS.. it was about less than 100 feet away, and it didn't respond to the c2 button until after it was inside and not flying.

Also, my playback button doesn't seem to work. When I click it the sound beeps,  but nothing happens in DJi go. Can this  be fixed in an update? I'm not too far away from Carson, so if it's easier for you guys, then I can just drive down there for a repair if needed.
IMG_0366.JPG
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-12 08:12
It was definately LOS.. it was about less than 100 feet away, and it didn't respond to the c2 button until after it was inside and not flying.

Also, my playback button doesn't seem to work. When I click it the sound beeps,  but nothing happens in DJi go. Can this  be fixed in an update? I'm not too far away from Carson, so if it's easier for you guys, then I can just drive down there for a repair if needed.

Unfortunately, the North American Repair facility does not accept walk ins, if a repair is needed, it would have to be sent in. Just to make sure everything is communicating properly, please try the following button combinations:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 17:40
Unfortunately, the North American Repair facility does not accept walk ins, if a repair is needed, it would have to be sent in. Just to make sure everything is communicating properly, please try the following button combinations:

Reset the RC:

thanks, I'll do that and get back to you, but where is the playback button? How can I access my photo/videos with a button? Did you guys remove it? THe p3p had the playback button where that pause button is.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-12 09:43
thanks, I'll do that and get back to you, but where is the playback button? How can I access my photo/videos with a button? Did you guys remove it? THe p3p had the playback button where that pause button is.

For the P4 series, the 'play back' button for videos is now the 'pause' button for flight modes such as Tapfly and Active Track. So if you're not using any of those flight modes, the 'pause' button won't do anything. The P3A/P, P34K and the Inspire 1 are the only ones that have the 'play back' button. The button combinations I provided earlier should help with the response time of the C2 button.
2016-12-11
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 17:51
For the P4 series, the 'play back' button for videos is now the 'pause' button for flight modes such as Tapfly and Active Track. So if you're not using any of those flight modes, the 'pause' button won't do anything. The P3A/P, P34K and the Inspire 1 are the only ones that have the 'play back' button. The button combinations I provided earlier should help with the response time of the C2 button.

Hey  DJI Jamie,

Thank you for the time and advice. I took it out for a flight today after relinking the R/C, and it did not work, but it did work for about a minute midflight. Then on the wayback, it stopped working again. I was a few feet away from the p4p this time, and still nothing. Here's a video of the defective led on /off c2 response button. I also switched the on/off front lights to c1/c2, and it was still the same. Please help. It started working again once I was inside my house, but it does not respond well when it is flying in the air.  

2016-12-12
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your settings.  I bet you have the option for the auto off red light option activated.  This turns the red lights off anytime you are recording video and they will come back on when you stop recording.  It will not respond to the command to turn them on if you are recording and have this setting turned on.  it's in your camera settings menu "Front LED's Auto Turn Off"
2016-12-12
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-12-12 19:09
Check your settings.  I bet you have the option for the auto off red light option activated.  This turns the red lights off anytime you are recording video and they will come back on when you stop recording.  It will not respond to the command to turn them on if you are recording and have this setting turned on.  it's in your camera settings menu "Front LED's Auto Turn Off"

YOU....you are a life saver. Thank you. That worked! DJI thank you too.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-13 12:07

Good to hear you got it addressed, thanks for the update!
2016-12-13
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trekz Posted at 2016-12-12 23:07

Glad I could help
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules