Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3S USB charge?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Our car has a USB port and I was wondering if I could use that port to charge my P3S on the go (using the littile port on the front of the drone)? I asked a friend and he said you would need an adapter becuase the car USB runs at a differnet voltage then a normal wall outlet. It would be great if I could do the so I wouldn't have to buy another battery yet but could still fly in remote(ish) areas.
2016-12-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You cannot charge anything through the USB connection on the aircraft. Your friends explanation of the different voltage between a car USB port and a wall outlet is also wrong, all USB ports supply 5 volts, it is a standard. But the battery in your aircraft is 15.2 volts, so you need a proper charger for use in the car. There are a myriad of ones on eBay for about 20 bucks that will do the job just fine. DJI make a decidicated car charger, but it is expensive.
2016-12-10
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-11 06:39
You cannot charge anything through the USB connection on the aircraft. Your friends explanation of the different voltage between a car USB port and a wall outlet is also wrong, all USB ports supply 5 volts, it is a standard. But the battery in your aircraft is 15.2 volts, so you need a proper charger for use in the car. There are a myriad of ones on eBay for about 20 bucks that will do the job just fine. DJI make a decidicated car charger, but it is expensive.

Thanks for the info Geebax!
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Geebax hit the nail on the head. Since you have a P3S, the only thing you could possibly charge is the RC, but it would take quite some time via a car charger.
2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules